[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good Pokémon for SOS chaining? I've attempted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_2675.jpg (161KB, 813x659px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2675.jpg
161KB, 813x659px
What's a good Pokémon for SOS chaining? I've attempted multiple times (twice for Exeggcute, twice for Oricorio) and failed.
>>
>>30401355
Patience, mostly. I chained for like 3 hours. Didn't find a shiny, but got pretty good IVs on an Oricorio. And I guess False Swipe is good to have, knock one of this pokemon to make them call more.
>>
>>30401355
what really helps is just having an assload of leppa berries. But I'd say false swipe and some kind of recovery would be useful.
>>
I use golisopod with false swipe. Got 3 shinies so far.
>>
>>30401635
Emergency Exit can ruin the chain
>>
>>30401886
It's at level 80 and if health is close to 50%, I use Leech Life. It holds big root too.
>>
File: granpfresianld.png (23KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
granpfresianld.png
23KB, 800x800px
>>
Stuffing your face as usual
>>
>>30401355
Snorlax with Yawn and Hold Back
>>
>>30401355
Intimidate, Unnerve, and Pressure can force a pokemon to call for help.
>>
>>30401355
Scrappy pangoro with false swipe, entrainment, Bulk Up and Power Trip.
Bulk until nothing phases you and Power Trip will anihilate anything you don't want.
>>
>>30401355
Literally anything as long as you hoard up Leppa Berries from the berry island in Poke Polego. Special mention goes to Leech Life or Giga Drain users, as well as False Swipers if they have access to those too.
>>
>>30401355
The basics of SOS chaining are False Swipe and a good single target attack.
First you get the Pokemon worn down a bit, FS is a good move for this.
Then try to stall until they call for help. This is where you would want to use Adrenaline Orbs, it supposedly increases some odds that the Pokemon will call, and help will come. Some good tactics for stalling are repeated use of the Adrenaline Orb, which actually does nothing and doesn't seem to consume any orbs beyond the original one used, or just swapping pokemon.
Then you're just in a cycle of taking out one of the two pokemon and leaving the other alive to call for help, repeat ad nauseum.
Note: if you're chaining for shinies, and maybe Hidden Abilities, you need the base pokemon and the called pokemon to be in the same family/species. I'm not sure how it works for Mareanies.

A good Pokemon to consider using is a Damp Parasect, but you'd have to chain for one in the first place. Don't use Effect Spore, it can mess up your chain, so Dry Skin is an acceptable substitute. A basic set-up is False Swipe, Spore, a single target attack like Slash or something, and whatever you need as a 4th move.
Some support Pokemon that you want would be: an obvious Synchronizer if you're picky or trying to chain for a salvageable shiny, a pokemon with a skill or ability (Trace, Skill Swap, Role Play, Worry Seed because it lists the ability before turning it into Insomnia, though that could be counter-productive if you're relying on inducing Sleep, or possibly Gastro Acid if it also notifies you of the foe's ability before it is cancelled) to test for any desired Hidden Abilites, and a Pokemon that can run Wish/Heal Bell/Aromatherapy support, because chaining can go on for a while and you'll need to heal your own Pokemon at some point.

One set-up that I've seen for a good Smeargle is False Swipe, Soak to FS Ghost and Steel types and to Spore any Grass types, Spore, and Gastro Acid.
>>
File: 20161130_135909.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161130_135909.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>30401355

You posted it.

Got this cutie today, they just use scratch and growl so it's pretty easy to chain
>>
>>30401355
I ATE THOSE FOOD
>>
File: 1480300642515.png (138KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1480300642515.png
138KB, 900x675px
>>30401355
>>
File: 1462947327527.jpg (57KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
1462947327527.jpg
57KB, 500x371px
>>30401355
>get smeargle
>teach it
>false swipe
>recycle
>recover
>and 1 attack move of your choice
>give it a leppa berry
congrats all you need to do is level it up a bit and you have the one pokeman you need
>>
File: 1449920710651.jpg (67KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
1449920710651.jpg
67KB, 709x765px
>>30401355
For hidden ability finding or just for ev training?
For hidden abilities, just gotta go with smeargle.
Teach it:
false swipe
soak
mean look or spore
skill swap

Holy hell, though, are finding HAs are annoying as fuck this time around? Chaining cleffas are making me want to kms
>>
>>30401355
Salamence

1% on Route 3 after finding a 1% Bagon

I have encounter 3 Shiny Bagons, caught 2 of them, killed one before encountering a single Salamence

I'm sure there are other one percent shitters in the game
>>
>>30401355
Smeargle:
False Swipe
Spore
Soak (to make spore and false swipe work)
???? (some attack move I guess)

Some pokemon need different strats. Like ditto, I have a munchlax with nothing but recycle. Let ditto copy it. Switch to Persian. Switcheroo a leppa berry on ditto. Then switch to Lurantis who false swipes it, and kills all the other ditto until I get to 45.

If a shiny ditto appears, I'll swap back to munchlax (assuming it's not imposter), then switcheroo leppa from the original ditto to the shiny ditto. Paralyze it (so it can't call for more help), and then catch it. If it's imposter, it's a pray I catch it before it kills itself.

But I usually just use Lurantis until I get the shiny, and then I swap to Smeargle.
>>
>>30405089
malasagna
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.