[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>reach postgame, filling in the last of the fast-travel points

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: 2000percentmad.jpg (12KB, 185x273px) Image search: [Google]
2000percentmad.jpg
12KB, 185x273px
>reach postgame, filling in the last of the fast-travel points before going to bed
>just the Battle Tree left
>"You are challenged by Pokemon Trainer Red!"
>[[EARDRUM-BURSTING INTERNAL AUTISTIC SCREAM]]

Goddamnit, do I actually have to beat Red or Blue before I get access to the Battle Tree? I have work in the morning, I don't have time to invest battling an AI that isn't braindead.
>>
Yes GF thought it was a good idea to force you to battle them at inflated levels right after surviving those fucking veterans and not healing...
>>
>>30400028
>wow pokemon is such a braindead easy game when will gamefreak add some difficulty to the series
>WOW WTF WHY IS THIS BATTLE SO HARD WHY CAN'T I JUST BRAINLESSLY MASH A

eat cum
>>
>>30400128
The hell are you on about. Most important trainers ask you do you want to prepare for a match or heal you instead of throwing you into the frying pan
>>
>>30399976
>tfw got my ass raped

You still got it Red. You still got it.
>>
>>30400221
Git gud. How is this any different than earlier pokemon games? Have you gone soft with age?
>>
>>30400028
I had to spend the first few turns healing my team. I think I had about two of 6 that could take a hit when the battle started.
>>
>>30399976
>not spamming revives throughout the entire match

gg ez
>>
>>30399976
>get used to Lillie healing me the whole game
>fight my way through the postgame
>make it to the Battle Tree
>"I could heal up after that Veteran fight, but this place will probably have a Center or something."
>step forward
>ambushed by BLUE MOTHERFUCKING OAK six generations later
>total party wipe

I'm mad as hell.
>>
File: 1475707378968.jpg (117KB, 996x868px) Image search: [Google]
1475707378968.jpg
117KB, 996x868px
>>30403770
>20 years later Blue still walks up to you when your party is low hp
>>
>>30403935
It's funny, but I'm still mad.
>>
File: 9de.jpg (51KB, 597x600px) Image search: [Google]
9de.jpg
51KB, 597x600px
>>30399976
>Rush to battle tree for iv
>Underleveled as fuck
>Almost there, don't heal because it's the last battle
>They appear
>Fuck
>Mudsdale with Stamina setting up on shitchu
>Sweep everything with my lowest level on my team. 55.
>>
>>30403935
>>30404364
>>
>>30403770
>get used to Lillie healing me the whole game
>fight my way through the postgame
>make it to the Battle Tree
>"I could heal up after that Veteran fight, but this place will probably have a Center or something."
>save anyway
>step forward
>ambushed by BLUE MOTHERFUCKING OAK six generations later
>reset, fly back to Pokémon Center, heal, and come back again
>>
>>30403770
I was in the same position.
>Didn't save before entering
>"Oh okay there will probably be a place to heal in there"
>"Red or Blue"
>Fuck.jpeg
I didn't get to enjoy the battle having to heal the first few turns.
>>
>>30400221
It's hilarious how so many of you complain about Pokemon games being too easy and then reel and hiss at the sight of any difficulty or challenge.
>>
>>30407986
the problem here isn't difficulty, it's inconsistency

as mentioned before, it's pretty much the norm for a big important trainer to ask whether you're ready to fight before going at you. exceptions to this are times where you are pretty much guaranteed to have already been healed up already because of what happened prior or where it happened

red and blue are still stupidly easy though
>>
File: .png (41KB, 244x231px) Image search: [Google]
.png
41KB, 244x231px
>>30408140
You're forgetting one very minor detail.

They didn't do that in Red and Blue.
>>
>>30408172
which is hilarious
but even then it follows the rule of the exception that sun/moon goes by, where you're pretty much guaranteed to be healed up based on what's happening, exception being the SS anne

we need more douchebag trainers that pull this kinda shit honestly
>>
>>30407986
Anon that's not a complaint than it is a grievance. I still won in the end...after wasting a crap load of items and refresh cheese.

Hell the only reason I went to the battle tree was to get my stats judge app for the PC.
>>
>>30403770
>Blue wiped me twice
>Fight Red
>Stall first half of the match
>Shell Smashed Minior the rest of the way
>>
>>30399976
>lead Marowak-A because I bet Pikachu is coming out first
>get it right
>Swords Dance up BUT
>he immediately switches to Lapras (what?)
>Use shadow bone
>only did 97%
This fucking AI
>>
>>30408408
Battle tree-tier AI, silly anon
>>
>>30408408
him not spamming electric attacks on it like literally every other electric mon user despite lightningrod activating every time (often multiple times in a row because AI) was very welcoming
>>
>>30400028
yup, my first in-game loss was to Gary motherfucking Oak. All those old memes about going through hell without healing and then outta nowhere Gary rapes you? They came true. Let that sink in for a moment
>>
Which one of the two is actually harder?
I fought Blue because >Pikachu
>>
>>30400028
I only just barely survived that thanks to having an overlevelled, tanky as shit Mudsdale who could eat everything whilst I burned through all those Revives and Potions that Hau and Lillie had offloaded onto me during the course of the game.
>>
>>30408687
Red is piss easy.
>>
File: battle tree.png (2MB, 900x3800px) Image search: [Google]
battle tree.png
2MB, 900x3800px
>>30408687
Chose Red, killed Pikachu early after it weakened itself with Volt Tackle, and proceeded to set up 6 Dragon Dances on Gyarados versus his Lapras to sweep
>>
>>30401792
Same with me
I was expecting a comfy area at the battle tree with various trainers from around the region relaxing and sharing stories.

I wasn't happy.
>>
>>30408823
>comfyfag gets blown the fuck out
Good, it did something right
>>
I chose to fight Gary. I still dislike him after ambushing me so many times in pokemon blue. That mother fucker and his pidgeotto and kadabra.
That's what he had at nugget. Ridge right? So many frustrating yet fun times as a kid.

Used to wonder how he got to the elite four/victory road after the fight west of the nidoran patch. Wasn't there a ledge blocking the way?

Anyways, the battle with Gary was decent.

I didn't want to fight red because it would not have Ben as amazing as the battle we had on mount silver
>>
>>30408935
Thats a pyrrhic victory for you.
>>
>>30408823
I didn't mind the Red/Blue ambush but the battle tree is pretty underwhelming.
>>
>>30401739
>never used exp share once
>barely grinded
>whooped Red's ass
Refresh = OP
>>
>>30409067
Sadly I agree. Wish the designers of like pelago made a nice e area for post game.
>>
>>30400221
Hau and the nice trainers/trial captains asks you if you want to heal. Gladion on the other hand...
>>
>>30408935
>not liking Comfyanon
wtf is wrong with you
>>
File: keanu_reeves_vomit2.jpg (20KB, 350x319px) Image search: [Google]
keanu_reeves_vomit2.jpg
20KB, 350x319px
>>30399976
>Beat game
>dumb cutscenes and overall shit ending
>everything is taking ages and killing the mood
>credits roll
>take ages so soft reset
good stuff gamefreak, I don't think I can bother picking the game up again.
>>
>>30409361
doesn't soft resetting force you to do that shit again? i remember it saving after the credits finished but not after becoming champ
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.