[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>no hatching o powers >no horde battles >no infinite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: yokaii.jpg (732KB, 3680x2400px) Image search: [Google]
yokaii.jpg
732KB, 3680x2400px
>no hatching o powers
>no horde battles
>no infinite restaurants

So what's the verdict now that the game has been out for a while? Should the competitive breeding and training be done in XY?
>>
>>30394019
Yes breed your competitive Toxapex in XY
>>
No, retard. They'd have a blue Pentagon instead of the plus.
>>
>>30394133

Why do I care about a plus?
>>
Yeah do that and tell us how it works out, champ.
>>
File: 1420761473136.jpg (44KB, 488x410px) Image search: [Google]
1420761473136.jpg
44KB, 488x410px
>no hatching o powers
Sll steps for eggs have been cut in half anyway.
>no horde battles
SOS EV training is fine, especially after the power item buff.
>no infinite restaurants
You have me there. But Guzzlord and Bewear are pretty alright for power-leveling.

>>30394187
Any rated battles/live tournaments will require the pokemon to have a plus to be eligible, as it verifies that they were caught/bred in Alola.
>>
>>30394019
Don't complain about hatch time, just flame body and spin tauros trick.
EV training is better than it's ever been with power items, and SOS battles are good.
Only problem I have is no blissey bases
>>
>>30394246
>Any rated battles/live tournaments will require the pokemon to have a plus to be eligible, as it verifies that they were caught/bred in Alola.

I hate this shit so much

What's the point of putting time into breeding competitive pokemon if they're going to be virtually worthless by next gen when they inevitably replace the plus symbol with something else

Literally all this does is encourage hacking.
>>
>>30394762
They don't want you to spam your No Guard Fissure Machamps from RBY.
>>
>>30394696
I really miss blisseys bases
>>
>>30394762
How else are they gonna attempt to balance shit then?
Also
>I won't spend an afternoon playing a game because I'll have to do it again it about two years!
>>
>>30394019
Breeding is easier than ever before, you can count to 40 while spinning on tauros with a new egg and it'll hatch before you hit 40, if you have a flame body pokemon. When I started breeding mimikyu I went from one in the daycare to two boxes in about an hour. Seriously, breeding in gen 7 is the easiest its ever been.

>>30394762
When you grow up you'll eventually understand that you take more pride in your efforts than your results. A pokemon I breed five hours for is more valuable to me than a pokemon that I give perfect IV's and EV's in two minutes with powersaves, and whats more is that people with your mindset will never be happy with anything they get until their brains mature to the point of understanding that effort is equivalent to pride and happiness. I'm not calling you stupid, you have no control over how fast you mature, i'm just telling you how it is so that you look back in four years and go "oh, they were right".
>>
Getting BP in Sun/Moon is so fucking painful I'm not even going to try to be competitive or EV train.

Done till Stars in hopes they fix it
>>
>>30394762
>what's the point of spending an hour breeding when the mon will be useless in just 4 years

we just don't know
>>
>>30395068
get a muk and cheese royal with a minimize/substitute set until you're swimming in bp
it literally took me about two hours to get all the power items, quit whining.
>>
>>30395076
>>30394995
>Breeding the right nature
>Finding one with HA
>Finding one with the right IV
>EV training
>Do this six times
>an hour or afternoon of work
right.
>>
>>30395146
With horde battles you can EV train a 15-18 mons in under an hour, so yes
>>
>>30395195
>Horde battles
That thing that exists in a single gen?
>>
>>30395146
>what's the point of spending a few hours a night on something when the mon is going to be replaced in 3 or 4 years

ok
>>
>>30394877
>>30394995
Then fucking ban Fissure on Machamp. You fucks know they can code this shit to be enforced without it literally needing to be bred in the region right? Do you think my Fissure Machamp will be allowed in if I hack a plus sign on it? Of course not.

>>30395076
>an hour

You mean with a hacked ditto? And even then this is optimistic if you want anything that isn't a pure physical attacker because literally everything else requires 6 IVs.
>>
>>30395233
>Game's major theme is making a relationship with your pokemon and being friends
>Competitive shits on it completely in literally every aspect

Cancer.
>>
>>30395282
>literally everything else requires 6 IVs.

what the absolute fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>30395282
The only thing I can think of as to why you're so butthurt is that you spent hours breeding for a specific pokemon and never got it.
>>
>>30395146
I did it with a deino.
half the front page is 6IV ditto giveaways.
>>30395282
You expect them to come with an extensive ban list for something they can do in less than half the time with the current system.
>>30395323
>Game's major theme is making a relationship with your pokemon and being friends
Also this, the other option would be to lock out your pokémon because their sets aren't allowed anymore.
Goodbye to all those events, Power-Up punch kangas, icepunch Swamperts etc that you raised before.
>>
>>30395068
Go to Battle Royale with Golisopod / Toxapex / Mimikyu. ez 3-5 bp for like 10 minutes worth of battling.
>>
>>30395351
Special attackers need 31/0/31/31/31/31. Mixed needs 31 in all. 6 stats. Not 5. But of course breederfags don't know this because they're mindless bike simulating retards instead of people who actually spend time battling.

>>30395466
>You expect them to come with an extensive ban list
They already have to for certain pentagon Pokemon to be legal on the first place. Again, do you think they'll let me bring my otherwise legit Alola hatched Machamp in if I happen to hack Fissure on it? Of course not, because they have a list somewhere that says that Machamp can't use Fissure. Same fucking thing here. Use your brain for 2 seconds and you realize the pentagon system is fucking retarded and screws over legitimate players.
>>
File: 1479337649655.gif (348KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
1479337649655.gif
348KB, 350x233px
>>30394019
>Should the competitive breeding and training be done in XY?
>>
>>30396154
Goddamnit you really don't know shit.
Its a list of things X pokémon can learn in a game, not a list of shit it can't.
Pokémon was bred in another region in which the move was legal? the game lets it pass, because that was allowed at some point.
Because balance and movesets change with time and games.
You are asking for pokémon to be left behind.
Also, insulting breederfags in the same post conplaining about the system screwing legitimate players is close to the most retarded thing you can do on the board.
>>
Once I can transfer my shit forward it won't be a big deal, just going to be a pain until then.
>>
>>30394246
>Any rated battles/live tournaments will require the pokemon to have a plus to be eligible, as it verifies that they were caught/bred in Alola.

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?

So all my perfect X/Y Pokemon are USELESS in Alola?
>>
>>30396626
As the Unovan before them, "yes"
Just breed them again, they can't compete, but they weren't irradiated.
>>
File: autismbox.gif (2MB, 560x430px) Image search: [Google]
autismbox.gif
2MB, 560x430px
>>30394019
>hatching o powers
>spin around in the autism box for like 30 seconds, it takes less time
>horde battles
SOS is fine, most that say otherwise are nitpicking millenials.
>infinite restaurants
Who cares.
>>
>>30396700
Can I still use them in the Battle Tree at least? Or do they need the Plus symbol as well?
>>
>>30396626
Lol what a newfag
>>
>>30396748
Don't know, but they should.
I can't test it now.
>>
>>30396748
Of course they'll be able to be used ingame
>>
>>30396748
blue pentagon/plus symbol/whatever comes next only applies to official VGC and ranked battles

everything else is fair game
>>
>>30396793
>>30396818
Oh okay that's somewhat of a relief
>>
>>30396154
You said physical attackers need 5 IVs and "literally everything else" requires 6. Then you say special attackers need 5 IVs. The vast, vast, vast, majority of Pokemon do not run mixed sets. Even setting aside the extra breeding time, the EV investment becomes less specialized, the Pokemon needs to be very good with a mixed set to be worth it. Most pokemon only need 5 IVs.
>>
>>30394246
>bewear for power-leveling
i havent heard of this one before,explain?
>>
>>30396507
>Its a list of things X pokémon can learn in a game, not a list of shit it can't.

This changes literally nothing about my point. Use the list of moves it can only learn in the Alola regardless of where the Pokemon was bred. Problem solved.

Also I'm not a breederfag. Doesn't change the fact that this system fucks over legitimate players.

>>30397584
Uh, no. Read again. I said 31/0/31/31/31/31. Not 31/x/31/31/31/31. There are 6 IVs you need. Not 5.
>>
>>30398015
sos bewear xp farming
>>
Tauros will hatch your egg in one minute flat.

SOS Battle only requires 7 kos per stat

We are truly fucked for exp though. But you only need level 100 for bottle caps anyway, if you're a decent breeder you won't need the,/
>>
>>30394696
spin tauros trick?
>>
>>30398189
yes have fun breeding the tapus and UBs that will be 90% of the meta anyway

and have fun doing it again next gen because GF is retarded at ruleset implementation
>>
>>30398189
>SOS Battle only requires 7 kos per stat
With Pokerus and the appropriate Power item

Without both of those, it's 128 kills.
>>
>>30398488
IIRC, the evs double with each link in the chain anyway.
And with only the power item is just 14.
>>
>>30398576
No, it doubles once. For example, all chained Zubat would give 2 speed EVs each, and all chained Golbats would give 4 speed EVs each.
>>
Why the fuck did they get rid of Mega Evos?
>>
>>30399186
Because they didn't

>>30398706
Does this included the original pokemon?
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.