[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How have you guys been liking Araquanid? I'm looking to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: araquanid.png (61KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
araquanid.png
61KB, 250x250px
How have you guys been liking Araquanid? I'm looking to add a water-type to my in-game team and was planning to get Mareanie, but I didn't realize how rare it is and I enjoy Araquanid's design well enough. Although I do already have a bug-type on my team.

I dunno, I'm conflicted
>>
>>30393753
the rock weakness and super low speed are really annoying. Also it doesn't learn liquidation until a high level, mine didn't learn it until the E4.
>>
>>30393753
Amazing ability; doesn't learn a physical water attack on its own to make great use of it until really late. Still very workable.
>>
>>30393812
Mine's been trucking along with Scald.
>>
>>30393753
Doesn't get a Physical Water-type move until the 4th island (you can get the TM for Waterfall on a bit of coast from some swimmers), but it's pretty fun in-game.
>>
>>30393861
>you can get the TM for Waterfall on a bit of coast from some swimmers
Only after beating the game
>>
>>30393753
It's tanky as hell and it's water stabs hit hard as fuck. Evolves at level 22, too. Great mon.
>>
>>30393753
I added it to my party but he hardly sees any use. He's only there when I need a water move which is lame bc he's not got great offensive stats.

If you need a water type there are plenty of other options, I would recommend raising up a Gyarados since Magikarp are everywhere. Otherwise maybe consider Wishiwashi because it's 7th gen after all.
>>
It not getting Liquidation until much later in the game made me drop it from my party.
>>
Among my bugbros this gen, Araquanid seems to have held up the best. I've had to reduce the number of rock-weak Pokemon on my team a few times and Araquanid survived the second pass.
>>
>>30393888
Is it really post-game only? Their levels are so low I figured it was before post-game. I didn't look for them until then though, so TIL.
>>
>>30393931
It may be weaker on the special side than it is on the physical, but it's still hitting as hard specially as Azumarill does physically. You get Scald really early in this game.
>>
>>30393894
Oh, a tanky bug? I'd enjoy that.

>>30393896
Thanks for the Gyarados recommendation, but I'm sticking to 7th gen-only for this first run. Wishiwashi caught my eye, but isn't its school form a little overpowered? I like that it's powerful but I don't wanna pulverize things too much, especially since I really want to use Bewear. Don't wanna make things too easy for myself.

Basically, is Wishiwashi school form easy mode?
>>
Goddamn people, you don't need Liquidation until the league. You get Scald in the same area you catch this thing and it easily carries you through the game. Its ability is that good.
>>
>>30394008
>You get Scald in the same area you catch this thing
Well fuck me sideways I had no idea. I was using Bubble Beam for the longest time and ended up boxing him. I feel pretty bad now.
>>
>>30393848
This. Even with a -SpAtk nature, Scald was wrecking shit up until the E4 which is when my team fell behind NPC levels by a significant degree.
>>
>>30393931
Why? Scald works fine.
>>
>>30394157
Maybe because mine has a nature that hinders SpAtk but it's been doing the least damage from my whole party by a considerable margin.
>>
>>30394006
No, Wishiwashi is slow as fuck and loses the form at low health. If you're not playing scrub mode i.e. switch style, then switching it into things can be a challenge.
>>
>>30394237
Huh. Mike's has a -SpAtk nature too but it was still pulling its weight. It's a decent tank as well. Which is its main purpose.
>>
>>30393753
Rare? I found plenty in the psyduck garden 3island
He is the best water bug in the game don't let the goliofag meme you about it
>>
>>30394429
He means Mareanie is rare
>>
>>30394429
>>30394756
Yeah I'm talking about Mareanie.

>>30394285
Eh I don't play switch style, but it's good to know it's not too easy.
>>
Well, looks like I'm going with Araquanid. Just grabbed Scald and I've got one more level before she evolves.

Her nickname is Belle. Get it?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.