[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tfw playing with >Exp Share off >Set instead of Shift >no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: QPU MISALIGNED.png (639KB, 1324x992px) Image search: [Google]
QPU MISALIGNED.png
639KB, 1324x992px
Tfw playing with
>Exp Share off
>Set instead of Shift
>no Z-Moves
>no Refresh
>no items in battle whatsoever (in other games I usually do "as many items as the opponent trainer uses" so no Hyper Potion stall regardless)

This is amazing, it's some of the most fun I've had playing a Pokemon game in forever.
Totem Lurantis was an absolutely mad fight that ended with one out of all six Pokemon left alive, and I had to use multiple Tauros switch ins with Intimidate just so my shit team could survive Solar Blade as well as a whole bunch of other strategies just to scrape by, but it was SO satisfying when I did.
I'm about to fight Olivia, really hoping most of the game stays this fun.

Who else playing /hardmode/ here?
>>
Agreed. Frankly don't understand how adults can play Pokemon games any other way. Where's the fun in steamrolling everything?
>>
I didn't have much issue with lurantis. Had grimer and dartrix to deal with lurantis and pikachu and rockruff for the bird.
>>
>>30390582
Even with shift and items it's still harder than the usual Pokemon game.
>>
>>30390582
Monotype, the trials with a type advantage over your team will fuck you sideways.
Even more so when all you get at that point is unevolved shit.
>>
The main playthrough is the most fun out of any Pokemon game to date. There isn't much to do after the story, but the main ride is stellar to play through.
>>
>>30392640
I like obliterating the competition to compensatenfor my pathetic existence. I'm totally unassertive and only get what's given to me. I never play anything on hard mode.
>>
>>30393384
If you never play on hard mode, no girl will ever play with your hard mode.
>>
>>30390582
The Elite 4 was fucking great, I was playing with very similar restrictions to you.
>>
>>30390582
>/hardmode/
It's not /hardmode/ if you don't limit your catches to the first poke you find in an area and release all fainted pokemon.

Come back when you are half the badass I am.
>>
>>30393581
>Come back when you are half the badass I am.
But Anon, I can't return to being 13 years old.
>>
>>30393581
>easiest version of a nuzlocke
Come back when you limit yourself to one use of a pokecenter per town.
>>
>>30390582
This was me, I loved SM playing this way.
>>
Just finished my Sun nuzlocke yesterday with the completion of the E4 and Champion fight. All 6 survived, but man, that was the best E4 and Champion battle in ages.

Normally, I end up using one Pokemon per E4 member because type advantage, etc.. Same with the champion and dealing with their team by finding a common weakness and exploiting it with one team member.

But this time, I had to constantly switch in and out to outsmart the AI. Also fuck Kukui and his Full Restore super soaker (son of a bitch has way too many on hand to be legal for a champion fight)

>Kukui brings in Incineroar second
>Have my Turtonator out, having killed his Lycanroc with her
>Immediately switch to Mimikyu because that thing is definitely going for Outrage
>Sure enough, that happens
>Incineroar goes to use Z-Move, Mimikyu's Disguise takes it
>Play Rough almost takes it out
>Switch in Krookodile knowing Kukui is gonna heal, then set off EQ to finish it
>>
that's how i usually play...although i will use items if i'm doing a play through with shitmons or something.
>>
>>30393996
Don't use items either. Not even outside of battle.

Pissing contest aside, when I Nuz, I train several teams at once. Normally 18 pokemon or so.

With the PC healing them when they are deposited and the need to rotate tem frecuently so the overall level is kept stable you can see how its just not possible to do 1 heal per pokecenter.

You could somehow restrict PC use, but that'd be pretty hardcore and hard to figure out.
>>
>>30390582
if you have to self-impose challenges on yourself to make this anything but a baby game, the game is for babies.

game freak is just too lazy to make anything challenging because they've spun themselves a lie of "kids don't want to be challenged" and it's a great excuse not to put forth effort.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.