[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"m-m-muh cutscenes are bad!!" Do you guys not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: absolutely disgusting.jpg (50KB, 435x483px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely disgusting.jpg
50KB, 435x483px
>"m-m-muh cutscenes are bad!!"

Do you guys not realize that the ENTIRE reason for cutscenes is to make what would normally be boring dialogue actually feel cinematic and immersive?

Even if there were no cutscenes, there would still be the same amount of dialogue/text, the characters would just be standing their lifeless. It would be BORING

With Sun/Moon, gamefreak has actually put the 3DS 3d engine to good use, but you guys just complain about it because it's "slow."

Sun/Moon are story-driven games unlike earlier gens (or gen 6). They have an actual plot and real character development and the cutscenes compliment that well.
>>
>>30388023
If it were up to me there wouldn't even be dialogue.
Gens 5-7 were a mistake with all that boring dialogue.
>>
>>30388043
>Gens 5-7 were a mistake with all that boring dialogue.

this
>>
I just want to push a button that immediately drops me into post game with nothing to do but collect and raise pokemon.
>>
>>30388079
this too
>tfw actually had to pay someone on craigslist 20 dollars to finish the game for me just so I could start playing on battlespot
>>
>>30388023
I agree OP, most of the people who complain about cutscenes are the ones that just want to play Bull Simulator as quickly as possible or just inject their pokemon anyway.
>>
First people complain about lack of story. Then people complain about too much story.
>>
>>30388143
>First people complain about lack of story
nobody with a brain did this
>>
>>30388143
Story is a blight, all videogames are ruined by story, we need to return to the realm of pure gameplay.
>>
>>30388023
2bh I wish there was voice acting during the cinematic cutscenes.
>>
>>30388143
This
You people are never satisfied with anything.
>>
>>30388023
I'm happy . Cutscenes are very important.
>>
I like the story, yeah, but let me go through this plot at my own pace. I don't want the game to push that story on me every 5 steps. It takes 3 hours to get out of the first town because the game can't stop telling you how to do shit.
>>
Cutscenes aren't inherently bad, SM's boring as fuck ones that only exist to push a shitty bland underage waifu on you are though
>>
>>30388023
I agree that there should be an option to skip cutscenes for replays, but I still like them. They seem to be a pretty standard practice in video games now to enhance the story. You're only going to experience the story once before you spend countless hours doing whatever else you do with your Pokemon games, why not enjoy it while it lasts.
>>
File: 1480454001871.png (92KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1480454001871.png
92KB, 625x626px
>>30388168
>>
>>30388204
>why not enjoy it while it lasts

To enjoy a story it's gotta be interesting.
>>
>>30388023
>STILL no voice acting
Making all these cutscenes and forgoing the single most important thing in these is nothing short of inexcusable. In S/M this is somewhat remedied by the lip movement to give the illusion of talking, but none of the character speak or even emit grunts or anything universal in the human language.
>>
>>30388104
That's not true. I inject and I absolutely loved the story and cutscenes.
>>
>>30388104
> not going for dog walking simulator instead
>>
>>30388240
A different opinion is not bait you dumb /mlp/ meme poster.
>>
File: FUYFbyS.png (25KB, 507x565px) Image search: [Google]
FUYFbyS.png
25KB, 507x565px
>>30388023
The problem is that the game has an active narrative that spoonfeeds the player its dialogue rather than being open-ended and allowing them to explore. All storytelling and lore in Pokémon should be done a la Sea Mauville or Pokémon Mansion.

>>30388143
>>30388170
Retards.
>>
File: 1480088435896.jpg (30KB, 533x388px) Image search: [Google]
1480088435896.jpg
30KB, 533x388px
>>30388309
>mlp
>thinking that is a good idea
Have another (you)
>>
>>30388254
Voice acting would make the cutscenes a lot longer, and it's likely to be very cringe at that.
>>
>>30388374
>so new that he doesn't know where the fish bait image originated
How cute!
>>
>>30388363
this guy gets it. This way all people get what they want.

You want to rush through because you don't care? Go ahead.
You want to explore every detail, learn about the story and get immersed? Go ahead.
Plus getting to know the story through exploring feels rewarding.
The way it is presented in S/M is so damn disrupting and annoying.
>>
>>30388100
This might be the most autistic thing I've seen someone on here do
>>
The only reason GameFreak hasn't included a "I know my shit, don't give me tutorials!" Mode is because they're afraid Little Billy will choose that Mode by accident, proceed to get mad he doesn't know what to do and scream at his parents until they get a refund for the game.
>>
>>30388483
you don't actually believes this, do you?

Please don't be all like
>hurr I was only pretending to be a retard
for damage control after my question.
>>
>>30388483
I don't see how, I got bored to tears before the first trial. I wasn't going to waste my time on the main game any longer.

All these games are good for nowadays is battling online.
>>
>>30388416
>still thinks his idea is a good one
>>
>>30388023
>expecting /vp/'s bitching to make logical sense

I thought it was obvious and expected since this is a jump to a full on 3D game with no grid, but many players on here are still stuck in 2D pokemans grid map mode. Just one look at the "wah wah why won't GF bring back sprites" threads tell you that much.
>>
>>30388309
It may have originated from /mlp/, but it's used widely on the site you fucking troglodyte
>>
>>30388550

>I got bored to tears before the first trial.

So many people say this and every time, I try to tell them that the game doesn't really "start" until you get to the second island...I know that pisses people off but that's really how it is in Sun/Moon, the first island is basically a big tutorial. It gets a lot better once you get past that.
>>
There are two threads with Toucannon shitposting on the OP
>>
>>30388363

>muh open-world

please stop, one of the biggest reasons why modern gaming is so fucked up is because every game is trying to be the next GTA with the stupid open-world shit, but what they don't get is that it wasn't just the open-world that made GTA great, it was everything you could do and find in it, as opposed to the barren, boring worlds of more modern, lazy games (Saints Row and Mafia for example). Plus GTA has great characters/story and general gameplay.

there is literally nothing wrong with telling a very linear story if it is done right and it is still fun. I'm sick of this obsession with open worlds.
>>
File: IMG_1907.png (30KB, 200x266px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1907.png
30KB, 200x266px
>>30388023
Derp I'm am evee. Change your text speed to fast and it helps.
>>
>>30388516

Kids aren't as stupid as people think.
>>
>>30388715
Wow, it's like I wasn't doing that already!
Did you find a secret toggle that speeds up loading zones, fades to black or NPC Animations?
>>
>>30388023
Not even going to read the second half of this garbage because you're missing the point-- pure dialogue would at least mitigate the dumb pauses of the MC smiling at nothing, or the 1 to even 5 second lulls between cutscenes and actually getting to move again.

Even more hilarious yet, some cutscenes persist post-game (the guy looking at Diglett Cave for example), and in general there is absolutely NO WAY to skip them. Plenty of players have 0 interest in the dialogue and want to get straight to collecting, competitive play, breeding, etc. not this waifufag Lillie's-many-emotions-the-game shit.
>>
>defending unskippable cutscenes where some annoying little kid goes on about the fucking food he's going to eat
>you have to keep tapping A to progress

what is wrong with gamers of today
>>
File: 1419898672390.png (148KB, 719x720px) Image search: [Google]
1419898672390.png
148KB, 719x720px
>>30388023
The cutscenes limit the player gameplay and the world around

The problem with SM cutscenes is that lillie's actions limit the world and without interacting with her you cant progress

You can develop characters without the constant handholding see N from BW
>>
>>30388023
Cutscenes aren't bad, dingus. That's not even what people are complaining about. They're complaining at the amount, not the cutscenes themselves.
>>
File: 1477698250644.png (263KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
1477698250644.png
263KB, 1000x562px
>>30389056
This. My problem isn't the cutscenes themselves, or even strictly the amount, it's the fact that it's cutscene after cutscene after cutscene, fuck, I get it, just let me play the game.
>>
Some of us don't care about Lillie or Nebby or whatever meek anime girl bullshit she's up to and want to skip it all.

If I wanted to read the goddamn story, a good story, I'd go read a book or watch a movie

Pokemon stories aren't horrible but they're not exactly what I call good
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.