[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the games reintroduce the Yancy/Curtis sidequest's concept

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: CyOQxJ9UAAAfkkl.jpg (70KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
CyOQxJ9UAAAfkkl.jpg
70KB, 800x1000px
>the games reintroduce the Yancy/Curtis sidequest's concept
>it's all postgame
>there are several characters you can do activities with, could be Trial Captains, could be Kahunas, could be Gym Leaders (when that concept returns), could be Elite Four, could be your Rivals
>there's a sort of affinity meter you can build with each character
>to keep it very simple, these activities are just side quests, you do something for someone, show them a Pokemon, give them an item, or battle them
>you can hang out or have lunch together or whatever, not unlike having a meal with the kahunas in Sun and Moon
>when the affinity meter is maxed, they're available in whatever Battle facility is present as a Multi partner, if they can fight
>you can also rematch them at will for grinding's sake
>and if they're not a trainer then they'll just either give you rare items or trade you rare Pokemon
>and you can still keep doing activities

Let's take Gladion for example. After you receive Type: Null from him and face him at least once in the Pokemon League, you can do more things with him. You can invite him to any restaurant in Alola, you can continue to rematch him at will at the Aether Foundation (while another Glide location will be placed closer to him for convenience), and all the while he can tell you more about his upbringing and his time in Team Skull.
Or Lillie. Let's assume she stays in Alola. She's not a trainer, but you'd be able to do things like go clothes shopping with her (and you could suggest for her what to wear, letting male players see what the female clothing options are like), you could invite her to any restaurant, and she could give you rare treasures (remember her mother must be loaded) like Pearl Strings every now and then.
If Alola had a ferris wheel like Unova this concept would be even better. So basically little side quests that could potentially have dating sim aspects.

Thoughts?
>>
sure?
itll never happen though and even if it did it would be half-assed and disappointing like every other feature in these games
>>
I really hope they do this for Stars so you have all those top alolan cuties to choose from, but all I'm expecting from that game is a direct port with better framerate and all the bottom screen features gone.
>>
>>30386851
That'd be cool. I wouldn't mind having some kind of Social Link-esque function where you can pal around with NPCs and flesh out their characters some, that'd actually be fun.
>>
This could be a good thing if Gamefreak ever decides that players actually enjoy content post game
>>
>>30386851
Please infiltrate Game Freak and do one for Mina and Hapu.
>>
>>30386851
I think it sounds like a nice idea. GF has been trying to push romance more in these games, but otaku got triggered over N and now fujoshi are getting triggered over Lillie. This sounds like a good way to keep everyone happy.
>>
File: ....png (222KB, 447x516px) Image search: [Google]
....png
222KB, 447x516px
>>30386851
That's great, actually. What a neat idea, I'd love to learn more about the characters in this game. Anything for more Nanu dialogue.
>>
File: 1480537631155.jpg (106KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1480537631155.jpg
106KB, 800x1000px
>>30386851
there we go, fixed
>>
>>30391206
YOU RUNIED HER
>>
>>30391206
DELET.
>>
File: 1480309663317.png (69KB, 216x140px) Image search: [Google]
1480309663317.png
69KB, 216x140px
>>30391206
delete this blasphemy you heathen
>>
File: 1480345845713.jpg (92KB, 400x482px) Image search: [Google]
1480345845713.jpg
92KB, 400x482px
>>30391206
>>
>>30389926
I thought about this idea after I went to the restaurant in Malie City and Nanu just randomly joins you. Olivia does the same in Konikoni City, Hapu does the same in Seafolk Village, and presumably Hala joins you wherever a restaurant is in Melemele Island. Then there was the little side event with Kiawe about his job and his dreams.

Little stuff like this went a long way in making these characters feel believable like real people, so I think more stuff like this (while also incentivizing and giving rewards) would help a lot.
>>
>>30386851
I'd support it. It probably wouldn't have the affinity meter, it would probably just be every event you do unlocks another one, but still.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.