[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have to battle tree with untrained pokemon in order to raise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

>have to battle tree with untrained pokemon in order to raise enough BP to buy breeding/EV training items to be able to train pokemon for the battle tree
>48 bp for destiny knot, 16 bp for each power item
>you get 1 bp per victory
>battle tree opponents start at 100% power try-hard mode

What the FUCK
>>
Does Battle Tree do a legality check for hacked pokes? Can I just gen in a bunch of NoGuard SheerCold pokes and call it a day?
>>
>>30385905

>>battle tree opponents start at 100% power try-hard mode

The very first battle I had in the battle tree had a sandstorm thunder wave Ferrothorn and sand veil Garchomp evasion scum combo that fucked my shit up. I was expecting to fight stuffuls and gumshoos for the first 20 matches before it got serious.
>>
>>30385905
You get more BP per battle as the rounds increase, capping off a 7 BP per match at round 70 in Super modes
>>
>>30385970
No, no legality checks at all. You can use perma-megas, invalid movesets, and hacked stats
>>
You can get a Destiny Knot if you're willing to pray for Pick Up to work for you.
>>
>>30386089

It's hard to even get through the few matches when all I have to work with is the pokes I went through the story with
>>
>>30386126
rec me the most broken team possible for Battle Tree? Singles and doubles, if you don't mind
>>
>>30386173
Just catch a Tapu and some UBs.
>>
>>30386179
Sturdy shedinja @ lum berry would be a great lead.
>>
>>30386238
That would die to weather. Next!
>>
>>30386179
You really want to prioritize survivability or speed, since you can always use Sheer Cold/Fissure
Some ideas are:
No Guard Chansey @ Eviolite
-Sheer Cold
-Fissure
-Gullotine
-Aromatherapy

No Guard <Fast Pokemon> @ Ring Target
-Sheer Cold
-Fissure
-Switcheroo
-Horn Drill

You can also go with "indestructible" Pokemon, like a pure-Electric type with Wonder Guard and an Air Balloon. You can't use OHKO moves effectively with this, though. You'll also want to keep an Aromatherapy or Heal Bell Pokemon with you
>>
I just ran into a Sash-Endeavor Staraptor and almost got rekt. At battle 11. Wtf?

Seems like the difficulty goes up immensely after 10?
>>
File: 1467583197838.jpg (30KB, 283x438px) Image search: [Google]
1467583197838.jpg
30KB, 283x438px
>50 wins for a battle style

Is it worth it?
>>
Simple way to get Destiny Knot: 6 Pick Up mons, higher level the higher chances for one. You also get evolution stones and stuff.

http://serebii.net/abilitydex/pickup.shtml
>>
>>30386673
>sturdy pokemon appears
>cries
>>
>>30386179
Try some of these:

M-Manectric @ Air Balloon
Wonder Guard
Tail Glow
Giga Drain
Substitute
Soak

If Z-Soak is possible and can be used repeatedly, then Tail Glow actually isn't necessary. Gastro Acid could go in its place, then Parabolic Charge can replace Giga Drain. Giga Drain is there because Lightningrod and Motor Drive exist. I think you can PP Stall them but where's the fun in that? Giga Drain suffices. Taunt, and (p)Haze is an issue though.

Regigigas @ Silk Scarf / Life Orb
Pure Power
Swords Dance
Mach Punch
Shadow Sneak
Extreme Speed

Massive power and priority, no worry for speed. Bruxish and Tsaereena may be an issue but I don't know how prevalent they are.

Ninjask @ Focus Sash
No Guard
Sheer Cold
Gastro Acid
Hypnosis
Cross Chop

I used to have Dark Void here but now it's only coded to work with Darkrai from what I hear. Spore won't work against Grass types so Hypnosis is the next best bet.

Shedinja @ Safety Goggles
Sturdy
Shell Smash
Spirit Shackle / Soul Stealing 7 Star Strike
Sacred Sword
Safeguard

Holy alliteration, Batman! If Z-Moves work then SS7SS has immense power, otherwise Spirit Shackle will do. Safeguard protects against status, Safety Goggle protects against weather and powder, and Shell Smash helps you boost quickly.
>>
Remember, all you faggots thought bullshit like IV breeding wasn't god awful "gameplay".

You would think by now that the EV hold items would be available from a shop at the end of the game, but GF doesn't understand what it means to have an online game now. It's still throwing artificial time sinks into your way, as if there aren't endless hours of gameplay already available just through online battling.

Anyway, just get ready for the 3rd party online battle community program where you put a mon together, make a team, and then start battling people without jumping through all the bullshit hoops.

Or better yet, wait for someone to come up with a way to just inject "finished" pokemon right into your game.

I honest to god don't know who GF is catering to with their IV breeding, "start from zero in battle tower before you can EV train effectively" bullshit.
>>
>>30388504
That's why we have Powersaves
>>
You can get a Destiny Knot with Pickup and and you can use the Pelago to EV train while you're at work/school/whatever.
>>
>>30386673
>>30388310
ty for the suggestions but I just belatedly realized you can't enter illegal abilities with pkhex
>>
>>30385905
just do battle royal for the basic ones
get to hyper and its 4-3-2-1 bp per quick round
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 400x267px
>>30385905
Look at the breederfag. Look at him and laugh.
#injectmasterrace
>>
>the five Rotom forms each have four sets
No wonder fucking everybody has one.
>>
I cleared Battle Royale with my unbred in-game team
The payout from Battle Royale sucks though
Use Protect a lot and let the NPCs kill each other and steal kills when you can
>>
>>30388504
Because they think everyone likes skinner box MMO bullshit when in reality all it does is keep the 1% of players that get addicted easily playing for longer. Only thing is this game isnt full of DLC and other shit to keep them paying so there is literally zero point.
>>
File: 1480536585254.jpg (102KB, 665x351px) Image search: [Google]
1480536585254.jpg
102KB, 665x351px
Battle Tree is bullshit anyway.
>You are challenged by Captain Mallow!
>Captain Mallow sent out Talonflame!

>Talonflame
>>
Scarf Xurkitree + Top Kek make doubles their bitch.
Just have two back up Pokemon in the back for coverage.
I used Kartana and Garchomp personally.
>>
>>30385905
Get a give away breeding Ditto.
>>
>>30388296
Does Ring Target negate Sturdy if you swap it?
>>
>>30390801
Just job as hard as you can.
48 point by exploding was a fun afternoon.
>>
>>30388310
>I used to have Dark Void here but now it's only coded to work with Darkrai from what I hear.
They nerfed Smeargle?
Based as fuck Ohmori. One more cheese rejected!
>>
>no Move Tutor
What the fuck?
>>
>>30388227
It is if you are talking about idol battle style
>>
Just do battle royal instead :^)
>>
>>30392888
>RBY has no move tutor
What the fuck?
>GS has no move tutor
What the fuck?
>RS has no move tutor
What the fuck?
>DP has no move tutor
What the fuck?
>BW has no move tutor
What the fuck?
>XY has no move tutor
What the fuck?
>>
>>30385905
you can literally chain lose for 1 bp an attempt at the battle royal the second you reach it on the second island. i did exactly this. with ridiculously underleved mons it actually goes faster because the ai will all prioritize you every turn.

Still doesn't excuse the removal of super training as an option
>>
Just use UBs and Tapus like a fucking scrub, they don't need perfect nature or anything.
>>
>>30393369
this

the UBs come with like 3+ perfect IVs, anyway
>>
What I wanna know is if qr teams can work in battle tree or not.
>>
File: 1480281724784.jpg (86KB, 994x765px) Image search: [Google]
1480281724784.jpg
86KB, 994x765px
>>30393369
What tapus/ubs do you suggest for singles?
>>
Can't wait for Poke Bank to come out so I can import all my injectmons from when I had a hacked 3ds and destroy these faggots.
>>
It's not even that hard you shit eating casuals.

Xircutree, Pheromosa, and Celesteela are great for the battle tree.
>>
>>30393736
Depends on what you want, really. The only questionable ones are Fini, Nihilego and Guzzlord. They're not necessarily bad, but you can't just slap them on a team and go crazy like the other stuff.
>>
>>30394587
>get fucked by hippopowdon and nasty plot salazzle
yeah bro fucking casuals man
>>
>>30390499
why not play showdown if you're going to hack?
why pay for a 3ds with game to hack?
>>
>>30394711
Grass Knot Xircutree
Celesteela stalls out any ground type
Salazzle is weak as fuck, can get outsped and OHKO'd by thunderbolt Xircutree
>>
You know it just occurred to me

Machamp from Gen I can learn Fissure right

So what if you just bring that and OHKO the heck out of everything?
>>
File: 1451510983655.png (460KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1451510983655.png
460KB, 600x600px
>>30395380
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.