[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will it be retconned/reprogrammed as an Ultra Beast when placed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: UB-00.jpg (75KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
UB-00.jpg
75KB, 1200x675px
Will it be retconned/reprogrammed as an Ultra Beast when placed in the Pokebank?

Perhaps there is a reason they opted to keep it in the virtual console versions. Would make for interesting lore if they spun the mistake in this way.
>>
>>30385062
They would have noticed it in the datamines. I wish it were true though. When does poke bank go live?
>>
It's a mistake and always will be a mistake. Nothing more.

If you try to put it in the Bank it will likely be rejected. They're likely working on preventing these glitches (and stuff like the Lv 120+ Pokemon too probably) from passing over.
>>
Despite Missingo being a fairly popular thing among fans Gamefreak has never really acknowledged it (or any other glitch for that matter) in any game. Although it turning into some kind of new glitch pokemon or something would be pretty cool, I think it's safe to say they just aren't gonna let it through the bank
>>
I'd kinda hoped this would be the way you'd get Type: Null in the game.

It wouldn't be the first time GF ascended a glitch (Level 100 Mew knowing only Pound as an event? Sounds like a result of a pair of Gen1 glitches to me).
>>
A big part of Gamefreak ignoring it is because the "main" Missingno glitch doesn't work in the Japanese version. It only works in the US version due to an oversight with how encounter tiles were registered.

The games are so damn buggy that I assume you can still find it somehow, though.
>>
>>30386675
Mew was and always has been a glitch. It was never intended to be encountered and they rolled with it because the mystery essentially spurred the Pokemania
>>
>>30386431
January. Maybe some things are best left to head canon - after all, that's how the best part of the franchise works.
>>
>>30386756
>mew is a glitch
it was unofficial, but not a glitch, main programmer just put it in for shits and giggles and never told anyone
>>
>>30386886
Don't be fucking stupid.
>>
>>30386886
How old are you? Lol
>>
>>30386918
>>30387187
samefag
>>
>>30386756
>>30386886
Dipshit.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Japanese_event_Pok%C3%A9mon_distributions_in_Generation_I#Nintendo_Space_World_.2799_Mew
>>
>>30386918
>>30387187
>>30387377
He's right though. That's pretty much exactly what happened. One of the programmers noticed there was just enough unused space for one more Pokemon and threw it in on an impulse. Most of the staff who worked on the game didn't even know about it until after the game was released.

Then they got the idea to make it an event Pokemon, since it was already in the code anyway.
>>
>>30385062
>This pokemon cannot be deposited!
That's all you'll get
>>
>>30385062
What's the real point of the virtual console? Surely if you wanted to experience the original games you would just shell out some money on Ebay or dig out an old Gameboy? Or are these considered the de-makes of firered/leafgreen?
>>
>>30387656
GF knows how to make money from moralfags and fans who buy literally anything despite quality or access via other means.
>>
>>30386918
>>30387187
You must be 18 years or older to post on 4chan.
>>
>>30386746
So Missingno is not a thing in the Japanese fan community?
>>
>>30387656
It's more practical to have a digital version of old games playable in your current console rather than buying an old console and game. Particularly true for gameboy games because the gameboy was fucking ridiculous with how fast it consumed AA Batteries.
>>
>>30387656
So people can experience nostalgia by playing the games they started from without having to deal with battery replacement on cartridge and old gameboy in general?
>>
>>30387656
So Gamefreak can profit off nostalgia.
>>
>>30385062
Nihilego would be perfect for Missingno. Too bad GF is just gonna block it from passing
>>
>>30387656
Because you can play several platforms on the same console. It's convenient.

Not to mention actual Game Boy carts are a lot more expensive to get.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.