[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think Game Freak will ease up on the cutscenes after all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: 1468358455939.png (197KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1468358455939.png
197KB, 500x500px
Do you think Game Freak will ease up on the cutscenes after all the complaints, or will they just cover their ears like they do with every other fan complaint?
>>
I liked the cut scenes. People always have something to complain about
>>
>>30385048
They're fine the first time around, but you should still have the option to skip them. I already know I'll likely never replay these games because of the tedious cutscenes.
>>
>>30385048
True, like there people that are for real complaining about hyper training right now
>>
>>30385083
>implying there isn't good reason to complain about Hyper Training

It doesn't actually boost your IVs, it just sets a flag that treats you as having max IVs, making it useless for breeding, and without any good place to grind getting to Level 100 just to use it in the first place is torture. It's not implemented well.
>>
>>30385048
I'd rather not sit through the cutscenes again when I play Moon after beating Sun.
>>
Catch Rates will become Always 100%
You will no longer control where your character walks, instead simply picking destination
>>
If an aggregate five minutes of cutscenes means that Gamefreak can at least attempt to create a marginally compelling story, than I'm fine with them.
>>
>>30385130
>playing both versions in the first place

The games aren't made with friendless autismos with you in mind.
>>
File: 1447937225223.gif (975KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1447937225223.gif
975KB, 500x600px
>>30386326
>The games aren't made with friendless autismos with you in mind.
>>
>>30386326
fuck off
i play one for story, breed pokemon, make great teams

the other i nuzlocke or do special runs
>>
People were complaining about this? i thought they were amazing
>>
>>30385033
Is there anyone complaining other than this place? Because honestly most of the "cutscenes" are even real cutscenes, they're exposition dumps with a lot of railroading and text.
>>
>>30385130
Your own loss
>>
>>30387101
>most of the "cutscenes" are even real cutscenes, they're exposition dumps with a lot of railroading and text.

People are complaining about those, yes. The actual true "cutscenes" aren't that frequent but it's the sequences that happen every five seconds that people complain about, and it's easier to just lump the two together than say "cutscenes and railroading exposition dumps."

>Is there anyone complaining other than this place?

I'm not actually sure, I don't visit any places that talk about Pokémon other than this place and a couple genwunner-heavy areas that obviously aren't fond of the cutscenes. The few IRL friends I've talked to also find them annoying though, and they're mostly casuals.
>>
>>30387101
No, the ones who complain are generally smogon autists who don't know what dream ball is, contrarians or friendless autists who don't understand how human interactions work
>>
>>30387217
*casuals meaning "I enjoy every Pokémon game and don't really think about them critically" in this case. My sis loved XY for some reason but doesn't like the cutscenes in SM even though everything else is apparently good.
>>
>>30386856
If they were trade evolutions wouldn't be a thing.
Stop being loser, ok?
>>
>>30385204
This. I saw all these americlaps and pirates not only on 4chan complaining about the amount of cutscenes, but when I've played the game myself, I didn't really feel bothered by them and it's nice to finally get some semblance of a story. I wouldn't mind an option to skip them, though.
>>
>>30385204
Same.I want them to put in an option to skip seen cutscenes, I don't mind it having cutscenes at all.
Even then I'll likely not skip the scenes, but it would shut up the people who hate games having character interaction.
>>
File: 1360121065321.jpg (212KB, 666x624px) Image search: [Google]
1360121065321.jpg
212KB, 666x624px
>Implying Gamefreak gives any shits about what the consumer thinks

We both know you're going to buy the next Pokemon game regardless, so who cares what they do?
>>
>>30385033
>complaints
>>
>>30387459
I haven't purchased a mainline Pokémon game since XY, and I'm going to continue not to purchase them until we get something as good as Gen 3/4/5 (in my subjective opinion). I did buy PSMD though.

I'll probably have to go a year without the games when they jump to Switch since I don't expect Day 1 piracy.
>>
>>30386920
This. This is the only way to play Pokemon.

I'm playing through sun with my brand new bred EV trained team for post game.
>>
>>30385033
>or will they just cover their ears like they do with every other fan complaint?

But they often deal with complaints, hell they even removed megas because you whined about it.
>>
>>30387686
They didn't remove Megas, though. Every Mega from Gen 6 is in Gen 7, they just aren't the focus and some Mega Stones aren't available yet for some reason.
>>
>>30385033
They did hear the complaints about being too easy to get lost on the Sinnoh main story and Mega Kanga being too broken.
>>
>>30387882
How couldn't they notice that Mega Kanga was broken in the first place? All VGCs since XY were all about that motherfucker (and genies).

What an annoying piece of shit, oh my god.
>>
>>30387882

Yet they decided to buff Aegislash.
>>
I really hope theu dont. You dumbasses just want another gen6, thats literally what you are asking for.
>>
>>30388103
>buff Aegislash
What the fuck did I miss?
>>
>>30385048
These were really annoying though
>>
>>30385129
Wow it doesnt boost your ivs just gives you the same boost as max ivs wow so shit wow gonna complain wow omg wow
>>
>>30388164
His problem is that he can't Gold Cap a Ditto to make it have Perfect IVs for Breeding, which is irrelevant since literally everyone hacks in Perfect Japanese Ditto, one for every nature.
>>
>>30388134

King's Shield now causes the attack drop even when the attacker uses a move Aegislash is immune to.
>>
>>30388256
Fucking hell, at least it won't be VGC Legal until the final years of Gen 7.
>>
>>30388128
It's the exact same situation. Retards throwing a fit over literally nothing making gamefreak take ten steps back instead of keep advancing and course correcting along the way.
>>
>>30388128
>You dumbasses just want another gen6

Where did anyone say that? Gen 6 was the fucking worst, despite my complaints about Gen 7 it's a huge step up. A lot of my complaints with Gen 6 were also complaints I have with Gen 7.
>>
>>30385048
This, they bugged me in the beginning because i saw it as just a really long tutorial but it actually becaome a good story, for a pokemon game atleast
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.