[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, are Zygarde and Necrozma really not explained? Why is Zygarde

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: whataretheyevenfor.png (439KB, 821x769px) Image search: [Google]
whataretheyevenfor.png
439KB, 821x769px
So, are Zygarde and Necrozma really not explained? Why is Zygarde in Alola and what is Necrozma? Why did we find Necrozma in the grass and not standing there waiting to be challenged like other Legendary Pokemon?

Are we really going to be given Marshadow and Magearna from a QR code and the chap at the pokecenter will just give them to us? Are we really not going to have an area to go to find them, or learn ANYTHING about these pokemon before we get to use them? What makes them special if that's the case?
>>
>Why is Zygarde in Alola

they probably planned Pokemon Z, then scrapped the game somewhere in development and ended up merging some of the ideas with Sun/Moon. This explains Zygarde and the Z-moves thing
>>
>>30374348
RUSHED.
GAMES.
RUSHED.
LORE.
SEQUEL BAIT.
>>
>>30374385
This meme needs to die. Sun and Moon were in development even before XY were even released. Pokémon Z was NEVER planned in the first place.
>>
>Zygarde
on standby to protect Alola from ultra beast until a kid traps him inside a cube
>Necrozma not standing and waiting for you
too lazy to code the model in bro
>Marshadow Magearna
meme mons
>>
>>30374385
They never explained why Zygarde was in Alola
>>
>>30374399
>Sun and Moon were in development even before XY were even released
Topu Keko
>>
>>30374348
Zygarde is hinted by Dexio to be foreshadowing of something big. We can only expect that this isn't the last time we'll be seeing Zygarde prominently in our games. The deepest part of Revelation Cave is also an exact copy of the deepest part of Terminal Cave, so even though it is weird for Zygarde to be in Alola, it is definitely not the first time it has happened. Furthermore, the Pokédex STILL refers to Xerneas and Yveltal in Zygarde's entry, meaning the connection between them three is still going to happen. Also, Professor Kukui theorizes that Z-Power is connected to the Ultra Wormholes, and Ms. Wicke confirms this by revealing that the aura Totem Pokémon emits is the same as the Beast Boost aura the Ultra Wormholes emit. This means that Zygarde has once, at some point in time, interacted with the Ultra Beasts, which lead to the creation of the Z-Crystals, which creates a direct link between Z-Power and Mega Evolution if the promise of linking Zygarde to Xerneas/Yveltal is kept. This is further foreshadowed by Perfect Zygarde's 5 Cores' colours, which represent both Xerneas, Yveltal, Solgaleo and Lunala, as well as Magearna, a Gen 7 Mythical that was created using the technology of the Ultimate Weapon.

GameFreak may not be willing to openly state that Gen 6 and Gen 7 is connected, or will be in the future, but the underlining hints are obvious.

I can't say anything about Necrozma, though, as there's nothing in the games to suggest literally anything about it, other than it having a connection to Solgaleo and Lunala. Maybe Necrozma is represented by the 5th Core of Zygarde? The White Core?

And I don't know what Marshadow's deal is. It seemingly has nothing to do with anything, until you use its Z-Move, in which it creates the Z-Power symbol and references "Pokémon Stars".
>>
>>30374348
He's an easter egg for the sequel.
>>
>>30374507
They were. They openly referenced Alola in XY.
And whether you believe it or not, Pokémon Z was never planned to begin with either way. They said that in an interview.
>>
>>30374421

what explanation is needed, really?

desu "here's zygarde have fun" was better than them trying to shoehorn lore into the game when there wasn't any

>Sun and Moon were in development even before XY were even released.

that doesn't make what I said any less true

> Pokémon Z was NEVER planned in the first place.

gonna need a source on that one
>>
>>30374524
>And I don't know what Marshadow's deal is
it's a night marcher, an alolan mythical based on a a Hawaiian myth. literally everything you need to know about it is common knowledge to the natives.
>>
>>30374348
They cancelled Z and moved all Zygarde shit to Sun & Moon
>>
>>30374421
That's because they expect you to use your imagination instead of being spoonfed an answer.
>>
>>30374385
Even if Z was scrapped you can't just put in a vague reason as to why Zygarde is in Alola. You can't just say that "something is about to happen" and just leave it at that. That would be shitty world building. And regardless of what people say about gen 6, it did a great job fleshing out the lore of Pokemon.
>>
>>30374507
This is true. Also this is the reason why there is no Super training in it- different teams were creating it- same with HG/SS and Platinium.
>>
>>30374348
Lore wise
Zygarde is probably in alola because of the ultra beast disturbing the natural balance.
Magearna is probably one of AZ old invention has for necro I'm not sure but I think its suppose to be an offspring of the two legendaries?
>>
>>30374768
But still, if Zygarde was there to do something about the ultra beasts, then why is it scattered all across the region? Why does it need a trainer to help assemble it lore-wise?
>>
>>30374943

why is articuno is seafoam island? there's no ice there. what is moltres doing just standing there in victory road for that matter? They definitely should have put an NPC to explain that. Completely ruined the game.
>>
>>30375034
There is ice in the seafoam island though
>>
>>30375034
something something Sinnoh has too many legendaries something something
>>
>>30374536
Do you have a link to that article? IIRC, they said it would be too obvious if they did Z version right after X and Y, not that they never planned to do it. Honesty, I expect a sequel hand that wraps up both Gen 6 and 7. That would be in line with doing something people don't expect instead of a regular third version.
>>
>>30374541
>what explanation is needed, really?
>desu "here's zygarde have fun" was better than them trying to shoehorn lore into the game when there wasn't any
That's the game logic, not the story

>>30374611
>That's because they expect you to use your imagination instead of being spoonfed an answer.

>muh head canon haha lol XD
>>
>>30374348
>what makes them special
They are movie distributions so watch the movie and find out
>>
>>30374507
I don't think you understand how much time it takes to make a game.
>>
Zygarde is in Alola because he sensed something was coming that could fuck up the ecosystem.
Like aliens.
Given how there's been Ultra Beast stuff in Alola for hundreds of years, the Zygarde hivemind probably stationed a few of themselves there just to keep an eye on the region, in case there was something the Tapus and Sol/Luna couldn't deal with.
>>
>>30375634
>tfw no Z episode where you get sucked into ultra space and have to battle guzzlord with perfect zygarde to save alola
>>
>>30374943
The pokedex implies it can assemble itself, at least into the 10% form. Zygarde is spread across the world because it doesn't know where the UB will show. Using the Zygarde Cube ruins the plan.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.