[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so is the owl or the cat gonna be used more in comp? I know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

File: pondering.jpg (208KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
pondering.jpg
208KB, 1300x1300px
so is the owl or the cat gonna be used more in comp?

I know the seal will be under them
>>
Incineroar has a really weak movepool, and despite the memeing, Decidueye is actually usable in OU. It's a bulky Defogger with useful resistances and recovery.

So, Decidueye.
>>
>>30373959
that's kind of what I was thinking

their stats are about equally good but decidueye takes it because of movepool
>>
>>30373926
Once hidden abilities are released, (ie. Long Reach, Intimidate, Liquid Voice), Incineroar will probably take the niche of a bulkier but slower infernape. It has enough coverage to run a banded bulky pivot set, I'd say.
>Earthquake, Darkest Lariat, Flare Blitz, Outrage, Leech Life, U-Turn, Shadow Claw, Brick Break, Cross Chop, Crunch, Low Sweep - all potential moves
>>
>>30374273
Still the biggest loser considering that Decidueye is guaranteed to be OU.
>>
>>30373926
They are all going straight to PU.
>>
why the fuck did GF give Decidueye mixed attack stats but fuck all for special attacks

>>30374314
these 2 would fuck up PU too hard
>>
>>30374282
Haven't you seen the Smogon speculation? It's looking to be mid UU at best.
>>
>>30374282
>slow, mixed-offense grass-type without leech seed
>subpar defensive stats
>OU
HAhahahhahaAhaHAHAHAhahaha
>>
>>30374379
Smogon don't know shit about video games. They thought Talonflame would be RU at best at the beginning of XY. Then Talonflame became THE meta.
>>
>>30374273
>unstabbed outrage
>ever
>brick break
>shadow claw when you already have dark type coverage
Low sweep is also bad on a banded set which is trying to maximize its power
>>
>>30373926

Cat is the worst of the bunch, I'd be surprised if it makes UU. Grounded, bulky Fire types just don't work unless they have a top tier dual typing.

Owl and Seal are both potential OU on/offs. Seal is probably the best overall (Water/Fairy is an incredible typing, it's a powerful, bulky special attacker - only reason it wouldn't be OU is competition with Tapu Fini).
>>
>make a pokemon based on NU-males
>give it NU-worthy stats

its like poetry it rhymes
>>
>>30374450
>seal is probably the best overall
>those stats

hell no
>>
>>30374410
>They thought Talonflame would be RU at best at the beginning of XY. Then Talonflame became THE meta.

kek, they couldn't even predict their own bird. How ironic considering "prediction" is supposed to be some sort of pillar of skill according to them
>>
>>30374450
Tranny trash cannot be the best overall when it has a shit movepool and awful slow and frail stats. It's also outclassed by the vast majority of water type and fairy type pokemon.

In fact, it's the Meganium of water type starters, being the weakest water type starter of all time.
>>
>>30374491
eh, I would say samurott is the weakest

but seal is a close second
>>
>>30374282
Surely you mean Decidueye is guaranteed to be not OU
>>
>>30374282
Decidueye might end up in OU simply based on usage, but only because of low elo players that want it to be good.

It has shit stat distribution. too weak and too slow to sweep, to frail with a too shitty defensive typing to tank. both abilities are shit too.
>>
>>30374764
Are you retarded? It's an extremely bulky and unpredictable defogger with one of the most powerful ghost type moves in the game. Decidueye is legit OU for sure.
>>
>>30374785
>extremely bulky
with a weakness to fire and ice and to ghost, which is one of the most popular neutral hitting move types.
78/75/100 is far from extremely bulky too.
The only thing that makes it relevant is Spirit Shackle, which is literally the only thing it has going for its possible viability in OU.
>>
>>30374764
>Decidueye might end up in OU simply based on usage, but only because of low elo players that want it to be good.

when has this ever happened?
>>
>>30374885
Charizard before mega
>>
>>30374895
I don't recall that
>>
>>30374785
>78/75/100
>meh defensive typing
>extremely bulky
kekking rn
>>
>>30374885

Gen IV Electivire.
>>
>>30374941
that was because of gyrados/Electivire, not because of fanboying, then plat came out and that shit died
>>
>>30374901
Well it happened until people had mercy and dropped it into a lower tier even though it had a super high usage.
>>
Donphan at the start of XY.
>>
>>30374282
I see the fanboyism is strong with this piece of shit. No wonder it has the biggest thread on smogon out of the starters.
>>
>>30374885
Electivire
Donphan
Ambipom in RU
Typhlosion in RU
Claydoll in UU
>>
Decidueye because of STAB defog
>>
>>30374885
Electivire and Scrafty off the top of my head
>>
>>30373926
Decidueye in Smogon

Incineroar in VGC if they ever release his HA
>>
>>30375235
Maybe it's because it's actually an interesting Pokemon to use compared to worse Milotic and worse Arcanine so it warrants more discussion?
>>
>singles
>competitive
Pick one.
>>
>>30377007
Why aren't they available yet? The XY starters had their hidden abilities accessible off the bat

>>30377168
>worse dhelmise
>interesting in any way
shoo shoo nu male
>>
>>30377390
in all fairness Dhelmise is barely better then Decidueye
if anything there about the same
>>
>>30377390
Because Game Freak is fucking gay

I'll be pissed if they don't release it within the game's lifespan
>>
>>30378085
Yeah i really want incineroar HA volt turn+ intimidate is my fetish

Beside lando
>>
>>30373926
Le yesmetroid maymay
>>
>>30373926
After watching a fuck ton of comp matches in showdown, been seeing tons of Incineroar and Primarina.
Primarina has enough bulk to take a good hit or two plus it has great typing.
Incineroar is able to give a good amount of coverage with okay stats.
Overall more Primarina than Incineroar, just because of that massive fucking sp. atk stat that Primarina has let's it 1HKO anything that isn't resistant or a big wall.
Then we have Toxapex. which isn't a starter obviously but holy fuck, that thing is godly on any team as a wall.
>>
>>30380479
I'll add that I haven't seen a single Decidueye in the matches. This is probably because unlike incineroar, it has an extra weakness, not great coverage with its movepool and because of its stats aiming towards mixed attacker while still being just about average with stats lock you into a position where you can't take advantage of mixed attacking.
Doing so would make it so without Decidueye's Z move it would always take 2HKO at least to knock anything out unlesss they were super frail.
>>
Owl in singles Cat in doubles.
Both are awful though.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.