[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you think there's going to be DPP remakes? I mean

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: Music610.jpg (97KB, 610x380px) Image search: [Google]
Music610.jpg
97KB, 610x380px
Why do you think there's going to be DPP remakes? I mean besides for the easy money.

FRLG were made because RBY were basically unplayable for people whose first games were RSE. The games did not age well. They were missing many quality of life additions from later games which made them difficult and unfun to play.

HGSS were made because it was difficult to get many Gen II Pokemon. You could get them through Colosseum, XD, and a couple from the Sevii Islands in FRLG but that's completely asinine and tedious.

ORAS were made made because ... ? I guess RSE was the last set of games without the Physical/Special split. You also couldn't easily transfer Gen III Pokemon to Gen VI.

So what about DP? They have most of the things we have in the later games. Visually, the games look fine. They don't look that much worse than Gen V. In fact, I know a lot of people here prefer Gen IV's sprites to the fully animated sprites in Gen V that are constantly moving.

As it is now, it's possible to get all Gen IV pokemon just by using XY and ORAS (with the exception of Shaymin, Arceus, etc. but those are usually just special event mystery gift pokemon anyway). So do we even need remakes?

I know they're going to happen eventually because money. Personally, I think the next remake-esque game is going to be some sort of a reimagining of Kanto/Johto. It won't be a remake but instead it's just a game that happens to take place in those regions. GF has been pandering hard to those who grew up with Gen I. It makes sense for them to keep doing it. Plus, if it's time for a DP remake, doesn't it make sense for RBY/GSC/FRLG/HGSS remake as well?
>>
>>30364300
i think kanto makes the most sense. my 5 year little brother who hasnt played any mainline game knows what charmander and bulbasaur because od pokemon go. alot of kids were introduced to pokemon through pokemon go. gen 1 pokemon but havent been to kanto region
>>
>>30364412
They just put RBY on the eshop.
>>
>>30364412
>what is FRLG
>what is HGSS after johto
>what is the eshop version of RBY
stupid aspie
>>
Because alternate universes seem to be becoming important to the lore of pokemon and the story of Diamond and Pearl involves the attempted creation of one.
>>
>The games did not age well. They were missing many quality of life additions from later games which made them difficult and unfun to play.

To be an underage b& again...
>>
>>30364498
>what is FRLG
RSE was remade as ORAS. Why can't FRLG be remade too? They're both Gen 3. Also FRLG are impossible to find these days.

>what is HGSS after johto
Gen 4 is outdated. If DP is worthy of being remade, then what about HGSS? Also like FRLG, HGSS are rare and hard to find.

>what is the eshop version of RBY
The eshop versions of these games were made solely to appeal to millenials who grew up with Gen 1. Do you honestly think any child under 15 whose first game was DPP wants to play RBY?
>>
>>30364471
>Kids
>Playing some ugly Pokemon game from 50 years ago

>>30364498
>Kids
Playing a GBA game from 15 years ago
>Playing an original DS game from 7 years ago

I don't think you know what children today are like
>>
>>30364682
I played Blue back in 1998 and recently played through it again. Personally I thought it was fun and not hard at all but if you ask a normie who only bought the eshop version because of Pokemon Go or nostalgia, they're going to say it's garbage
>>
>>30364698
>remakes of older games need remakes too because i said so guys
Fuck off
>>
>>30364724
Just saying it's easier for them to find Kanto in the e-shop vs Sinnoh, burried in the used game corner of Gamestop.
>>
>>30364781
Why wouldn't GF do it?

RSE was a GBA game. It got a remake.
DPP was a DS game. It's going to get a remake.

FRLG was a GBA game. Could it get a remake?
HGSS was a DS game. Could it get a remake?

I personally don't even want these to be remade but it logically makes sense for GF to do it anyway. Also, money.
>>
>>30364877
>remaking a remake
That's a fucking retarded idea. Not even GF is that stupid.
>>
the MOST SENSE would Gen 1 remakes, followed by Gen 4, followed by Gen 2, followed by gen 5, followed by gen 6, followed by gen 3, followed by gen 7
>>
http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/unobtainable.shtml
I guess it depends on which region is missing the most.
>>
what if they made it like Sun/Moon but instead of traveling between four islands, you travel back and forth between Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh
>>
>>30365002
Which is gen 3, 5, and 6...
>>
>>30365002
inb4 pokemon bank but truth is normies have no idea what pokemon bank is they play the game until the story ends
>>
>>30364877

I think it's 50-50 on DP getting a remake, they don't really need one, but I can see them making it for the sake of making it.

Seriously, if they remake FRLG I'm dropping Pokemon, I'm actually sick of Gen 1 Pokemon, S/M was fucking boring to me cause majority of the Pokemon in the game are from Gen 1 and we've seen and caught them a million times before, it's stale as fuck and all the Gen 1 pandering has been pushing me off the franchise.

I don't think RB is getting another remake simply because they could've done it for the 20th anniversary instead of a new Generation, also, RBY coming to the eshop kinda debunks remakes.
>>
>>30364300
2017: Pokémon ''Stars"
2018-2019: Gen 4 Remakes/Sequels
2020's: Kanto Remake on the Switch
Gen. 8 and onward will be on the Switch

Kanto, while famous, is honestly the most simple region with fairly simple Pokémon due to the graphical limitations at the time. Giving it a basic remake on the 3DS would only make it obvious how little Kanto really has by itself. But , giving the region an new look and feel on the Switch maybe with an open world would make even the smallest region seem like a vast world to explore. It would make Kanto the Gen 1 of a new way to experience Pokémon. So, the next remakes will be Gen 4. remakes on the 3DS--these will be the last games on the console and wrap up the Type:Null/RKS System/Ultra Beast story so that Pokémon can have a fresh start on the Switch as we go into Gen. 8
>>
honestly think kanto will be in pokemon stars because ash pikachu and Mew z move seems so random in datamine
>>
>>30365090
Well, Gamefreak has always liked to make catching em all without transfer possible.
Hence ORAS and its Hoopa holes containing virtually every legendary pokemon.
>>
>>30365141
>Seriously, if they remake FRLG I'm dropping Pokemon
You and me both.
The gen 1 pandering is getting out of hand, and as much as I like this series I wouldn't want to pay for a FRLG remake at all considering how much they've been shoving Kanto down our throats lately.
>>
>>30365141
>Seriously, if they remake FRLG I'm dropping Pokemon, I'm actually sick of Gen 1 Pokemon, S/M was fucking boring to me cause majority of the Pokemon in the game are from Gen 1

Agreed. Gen I is actually my favorite but I'm so tired of seeing it everywhere. I wish GF would keep Kanto pokemon in Kanto. I liked seeing them in BW2 since they were rare in RSE/DPP and nonexistent in BW but since then they've been too overused. It's ridiculous that the new Gen VII Pokemon have 1/5/10% appearance rates while the Gen I ones have 20/30/50% sometimes
>>
>>30364300
>because it was difficult to get many Gen II
Between the GBA games you could catch all of them with no hassle. This became easier with the sinnoh games.

Both HGSS and ORAS were made due to fan demand.
>>
File: 1478424802898.png (186KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1478424802898.png
186KB, 600x600px
>>30364877
>remakes of remakes
>>
god yall are so entitled. Game freak doesn't even have to keep making these games. Instead of complaining about remakes how about you do something productive for a change. You should be happy that game Freak even bothers catering to your sorry asses who do nothing but criticize
>>
>>30365262
Mew z?
>>
>>30364300
>ORAS were made made because ... ? I guess RSE was the last set of games without the Physical/Special split. You also couldn't easily transfer Gen III Pokemon to Gen VI.

They were made because everyone whined about the lack of Hoenn remakes and GF smelled the money.
>>
>>30366009

Mew has a Z move.
>>
I'd love to see a DP remake, I'm tired of always getting Kanto stuff all the time. Sinnoh might have been "the worst" for most people, but for me it was the best. It had a lot of lore, introduced a good rival group and not only felt like a Gold change it also had a lot of variety when it comes to landscapes. If they do a Gen 1 remake then they will go down, people want more stuff than "oh look new región, fill it with 120 Kanto and the rest with the new Pokés"
PS I played RB and I enjoyed it, but that's enough
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.