[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck did they do to PSS? I want my MMO feel back.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6256.png (52KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6256.png
52KB, 320x240px
What the fuck did they do to PSS? I want my MMO feel back. It's not 2006.
>>
Shut the fuck up and get over it you jackass.
>>
>>30361309
whiny little cunt
>>
>>30361309
This was the best. The new system they have is garbage. I should be able to use GTS and wondertrade without having to boot up the fucking festival
>>
In so salty they killed Super Training to have you grind soshul points hoping for that one facility to drop and then grinding more to get the item/service you want.
>>
My biggest problem is having to go into plaza and connect/disconnect every single time I want to trade instead of being able to just always be online. Plaza is nice otherwise but this is straight up tedious and inferior to PSS

Loss of O powers is shitty too, as is removal of Super Training
>>
>>30361309

I miss PSS so much. It was sooo much more smoother. Wth were they thinking making this Plaza garbage
>>
>>30361893
Forced Game Sync every time if you've linked to it makes going online more annoying too. Wish they would have kept it as a separate option like with the PSS.
>>
>>30361893
people shitted on ST because they didn't understand it wasn't suppose to be the fastest way to EV train, just a method of quick adjustment
Also was really useful for egg hatching
>>
Cause a shitstorm online in nip tiwtter, complain about it in any nintendo event, let these fucktards no this is not alright
>>
>>30361430
>>30361334
Samefag
>>
>>30362393
Also it had the reset bag. Now if you want to reset EVs you either have to use a crapload of berries or grind for the friendship cafes in the plaza and then grind to upgrade them
>>
>>30361893
Plaza is garbage. A seriously downgraded Join avenue.
>>
>tfw I liked having my team on the bottom so I could tell how many eggs I was holding at a given time
>>
>>30362709
>grind to upgrade
>Festival Plaza
Anon...
>>
>>30363123
he's not wrong
>>
this is hands down the single worst change in sm - it's such a downgrade it's not even funny
of course we can be glad that they didn't go with the devilish idea of making the plaza thing an actual location on the map rather than an option in the menu, but jesus fucking christ pss and super training should have just stayed
>>
>>30363123
Yeah? You also need the RNJesus on your side for Sophocles to give you one or to get a guest suggesting it
>>
>>30363165
>of course we can be glad that they didn't go with the devilish idea of making the plaza thing an actual location on the map
To be fair, join avenue was an actual location and that was miles better.
>>
>>30363165
I'm going to take a guess that they completely pushed the o3ds to its limit to where it could no longer multitask, just to make it look slightly prettier.
>>
>>30363245
I doubt it.
The plaza is much more busy than the over world is and there's no signs of it taxing the system.
>>
>>30363320
>no signs
It's pretty damn laggy as you're running
>>
>>30363245
graphically overworld is really not that different from what we've seen in xy and it never drops a single frame on o3ds, the real choking happens only in battle when more than two pokemon enter the ring
i'm nearly completely positive this is gamefreak's bullshit "every pokemon game must be unique" business tactics showing again
>>
>>30363245
Also as most know, the o3ds goes into "extra ram" mode in like smash and monster hunter when the game starts. For what?? I've seen games that look much better that SM not needing the extra ram. It just seems like a giant band-aid instead of competent development.
>>
>>30361309
>people are finally acknowledging that gen 6 had good features now that they're gone

The Pokemon cycle is real.
>>
>>30363442
Not to mention Smash looks much more intense and has never ever lagged for me
>>
>>30363353
Well I do play mostly on an N3DS and I rarely visit the Plaza as it is.
Come to think of it, I'm not too sure if I actually went there on my o3DS.
>>
>>30361893
Connect on the wifi button bottom right corner
>>
>>30361309

Who in Gamefreak is in charge of these "improvements"?

This worked, pretty well, they made it even better in ORAS despite how shitty it was for a remake, then they throw it out of the window, just why?

Why not just improve everything instead of it being one step forward and two back?

This shit is insane, the only gen jump where everything was better was from 1 to 2, and this is coming from a Hoennfag, and, honestly, the jump from 2 to 3 was pretty good too despite not being able to transfer your mons, everything else was better......(Ok, they removed the day-night cycle, or at least you don't notice it anymore).

But then in gen 4, they add wi fi and a shitload of cool features.... but... OH, the secret bases have to go....

Ok...

Then the fucking VERSUS SEEKER has to go, FUCKING WHY? That shit was useful for leveling or EV training.

Fuck that shit.

>Give us VS seeker back
>Give secret bases back
>Give auto-run back
>Give PSS back and the dex check thingy ORAS had
>Give auto max speed on bycycle-pokémon back
>Give fucking White Tree or something like Mt. battle from Colosseum back to level up
>Give the bag system from gen 4 back
>Give the custom text outlines back
>Give HARD MODE back, THIS shit.

Why remove all of this? for all the money GF makes, you'd assume these fucker would have a decent team to add this, I'm not asking for going back to Kanto or 20 legends per gen, just for maybe minor things that should have NEVER been removed. FUCK THEM.
>>
>>30363746
>But then in gen 4, they add wi fi and a shitload of cool features.... but... OH, the secret bases have to go....
Bases were in 4. They were just chopped to all hell like contests and the BF were.
>>
>>30361309
>autists finally realise pokemon is being made more to accommodate the increasing child audience
>>
>>30363891
Then why are they making it more convoluted instead of simplier?
>>
>>30361309
I wouldn't say MMO, but I also need it back. Breeding is back to being an inconvenience, and it's boring to grab and sell Premier Balls over and over again.

If Stars doesn't improve over this, then I'll just fucking stop supporting GameFreak altogether.

Seriously, they show several things, then break 2 more of each thing in place. It's ridiculous.
>>
>>30363910
Looks more appealing to children.
>>
>>30363746
you forgot
>give selectable items back
pokeride was no excuse, why it isn't possible to register items in the d-pad ffs
>>
>>30361309
>Wanting MMO feel
>It's not 2006

????????
>>
>>30363861

I know, but still, who even used that shit? I used to have blast in Jr. high with them, all of my friends set up their bases above Rustboro, you know, that place where you get to using surf since it had a lot of spaces and used them up to train and shit, almost like a nice neighborhood between friends, the underground was shitty in comparison since you couldn't battle.

Now, serious question, IF OR/AS had the battle frontier, would that make them the best pokémon games to date?
>>
>>30363931
Why would you ever need to register items though? Bike and item finder are already pokeride functions and you get prompted to use the rod.
>>
>>30363983
Yes, without question.
That and a little bit more from Emerald, should there be any material leftover.

ORAS was missed opportunities, yet it was XY done better (except on story, to a point).
>>
>>30363931

Yeah, I guess now you don't have to put the rod in there since your fishing is limited (I kinda welcome that change, it doesn't affect me THAT much) but shit like a repel would be nice to have, I also forgot.

>Having a clock in the lower screen
>Having a fucking battery icon there too

Nothing TOO big, but it's handy to have them without having to go back to the menu.
>>
Serious question. How do I trade with my friends online?
>>
Reminder we lost PSS so we could get a useless piece of shit rotomdex
>>
>>30364064
Go to festival plaza and click on trade
>>
>>30364031
repel, honey
>>
>>30363891
How is PSS not more child friendly than the garbage rotomdex? How hard is it to add some damn arrows to it, why does it have to be a useless map 24/7?
>>
>>30364043

The only thing I wish for now in terms of "power" would be having seamless route navigation like in RSE and the game not dropping to 1 fps when in 3D or when there are more than 2 pokémon, is it THAT hard? Smash can handle 4 fuckers on wireless at 60fps.
>>
>>30364064
>>30364090
Click trade and then link trade. You'll have to hope your friend can find you or you find them because it'll be filled with randoms. After you find them, register them as VIPs too.
>>
>>30364068
a rotomdex that have pokedex AND map function, yet it doesn't have habitat dex back
>>
>>30363983
Depends.
Gen 4 Frontier? Certainly not. In fact that would make them one of the worst for spitting in the face of fans harder than they did with the monument.
Gen 3 frontier? Yes. That's all people have been wanting.
>>
>>30364110

The worst part, is that when you finish the game it becomes absolute useless and when you could actually NEED a map, like in a cave or in the desert, it doesn't fucking work.
>>
>>30364139

THIS so much.
>>
>>30364116
To be fair smash lowers the quality hard while in motion.
>>
>>30364110
Rotomdex made me hate YW
>>
>>30364226
Nice try, GameFreak.
>>
>>30364226
>dumb spongebobposter defends cuckfreak's completely asinine design decisions
surprise to no-one
>>
>>30361475
>booting up the festival
Pretty sure booting up PSS takes the same amount of time as going to Festival Plaza (zero load time) and turning on Wi-Fi communications. What you're describing is merely psychological.
>>
>>30364226
shut up masuda
>>
>>30363746
>Give the custom text outlines back
I completely forgot about this.
I was wondering what I haven't done this gen that I do for every gen yet.
>>
>>30364226
no.
but heres a (you) out of pity.
>>
>>30361309
online gen 7 is a big fat mess
>>
>>30364270
Every time you leave Plaza you have to reconnect
You also can't challenge anyone to battle or trade anymore while doing other activities
In fact, even in Plaza that isn't possible unless you are in the menu and the player being challenged is in the menu as well.

Whoever designed this needs to be fired and stay the fuck away from game design
>>
>>30364361
go away, ghetto sponge. i fed you today.
>>
Just compile a list of things SM fucked up already to save time next time guys.
>>
>>30364361
WE
>>
>>30364510
NUTSHACK
>>
>>30363442
The Pokémon models themselves are RIDICULOUSLY high poly so they don't have to redo them for another decade at minimum which is why the game lags to fuck when more than 2 are on screen (seriously, the models are fucking massive) but there's really no excuse for lag outside of battles.
>>
>>30364644
Doesn't Xerneas and Volcanion have something like 20,000+ polys?
>>
>>30365019
I think so. Xerneas definitely has a fuckton given the dimensions of the antlers.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.