[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ultra Beasts would have been a much cooler concept if they -weren't-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 17

File: ultra-beasts-194764.jpg (95KB, 1001x401px) Image search: [Google]
ultra-beasts-194764.jpg
95KB, 1001x401px
Ultra Beasts would have been a much cooler concept if they -weren't- pokemon and you couldn't catch them. I was pretty disappointed when it turned out they were just legendaries

Should have just treated them as unique boss fights, like Totems but not oneshotable. Would have been interesting to have antagonists that were completely foreign to the in-game pokemon concept
>>
>>30360764
you are LITERALLY the only person who thinks this. there would have been a HUGE shitfit if you couldn't catch them and EVERYONE knows it
>>
>>30360899
>you are LITERALLY the only person who thinks this
No he's not. I think it, too.

>there would have been a HUGE shitfit if you couldn't catch them
Not if it was stated and repeatedly reinforced that they weren't Pokémon.
>>
>>30360764
I was okay with them not being catchable at first if they were going to be just crystal jellyfishes. But then mosquito and roach were revealed and there was no way those cool fucks weren't made catchable.

I like to think the UBs we know are just shitmons in their own dimension and the only reason they're so powerful is that their world is way more hostile than the pokemon world, and even shitmons have legendary-esque stats there.
>>
>>30360764
I agree with you, OP, but the faggot above me is right too. We'd never hear the end of it. People are still mad that we couldn't catch those monsters from Pokestar Studios.
>>
>people would seriously defend the choice to not make things catchable in a game about catching things

yo what the fuck
>>
>>30360764
>Not being able to catch monsters in the monster catching game
No.
>>
>>30360971
Wasn't that little robot planned to be a full Pokemon? It has a unique shiny palette and everything.
>>
>>30360899
I've been wanting non catchable boss fights for years. Speak for yourself, this game was a slight shift in many aspects. They're just pussyfooting and not changing the dynamic too much
>>
>>30361000

I feel like pokemon could benefit from more traditional RPG elements

Like proper dungeons where team composition, move conservation, and exploration were actually a thing. Totems were a step in that direction, acting as a sort of boss fight. But they weren't quite enough IMO, I killed half of them in one to two hits
>>
>>30361048

In a game with 800 some odd collectibles, I'd feel like a few outliers would add a touch of variety and mysticism to the whole thing
>>
>>30361076
They all have shiny palettes. They also had placeholder dex entries and backsprites.
It was a provision to stop the game from crashing as GF knew people would try to hack them into their party.

Honestly I think uncatchable boss pokemon is just the thing we need to shake up the series. Totem pokemon is a step in the right direction at least.
>>
>>30361182
No. This dex is already anemic and you want less pokemon? Stop this shit.
>>
But then I couldn't use Swolesquito

I wouldn't mind having souped up versions of them act as non-catchable boss fights like the Totem Pokemon though. Imagine how tough a Totem Ultra Beast that could summon more Ultra Beasts would be
>>
It would have made more sense to have you fight souped-up versions of them during the main story, and then let you catch the weaker leftovers post-game.
>>
Stuff like Mega Lysandre and Ultra Lusamine needed to be boss fights.
>>
>>30360951
People would not care in the slightest.
>>
>>30360955
>Nihilego is the Tentacool of Ultra Space
Would explain why they're fucking everywhere.
>>
>>30360764
Nah
>>
They are pretty much just Pokémon with a shitload of energy from coming out of a wormhole.
Still just Pokémon in the end.
>>
I was excited for S/M Because it felt like they were taking a lot of risks and trying something super unique. The UB's were a big part of that for me

And while S/M is still easily the biggest departure the series has seen, making them just pokemon felt a bit like a cop out. Why even bother with the whole UB denotation?
>>
>>30360955
apparently the turk and swordfuck actually HAVE the same catchrate as shitmons
>>
File: 1295072629887.png (20KB, 603x556px) Image search: [Google]
1295072629887.png
20KB, 603x556px
>>30360764
No thanks
>>
>>30360764
That would be total shit. Fuck off.
>>
>>30361635
I think this is a reasonable compromise.

In fact it's a little unfortunate that the only forced UB fight was Nihilego and even then it fled after a while. Imagine a boss fight before (or after) Lusamine in Ultra Space where you fight Buzzwole or Pheromosa as a Totem fight and it summons a Nihilego to fight alongside it (there were several floating around after all).

Or just to maximum fuckery, Lusamine should have summoned a Nihilego to fight alongside her Pokemon at all times. So it's a totem fight and a Nihilego is the supporting ally at all times. Any time one goes down she'll just call another. All the while you fight a team of five powerful Pokemon with heightened stats. That'd probably be a fucking nightmare to fight and I'd love it.
>>
>Come from a different dimension
>Use the same exact moves

Lazy as balls
>>
>UBs weren't NPCs

I thought for sure that was gonna be the big twist. I guess it would have been too obvious?
>>
>>30362742

It would have been interesting. Which is why they didn't so it
>>
>>30362742
As in like

People...?
>>
>>30362876
NPC means nonplayable character.
>>
>>30360764
Necrozma isn't a UB.
>>
>>30363002
My favorite meme
>>
>>30363037
That's your favorite? Out of all the memes on 4chan that's your favorite? Kill yourself.
>>
File: IMG_4667.jpg (192KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4667.jpg
192KB, 1280x720px
>>30360764
>technically legendaries
>so all of them are Shiny-locked
>I'll never get a black Pheromosa or blue Xurkitree on my team
Please stop making video games GF.
>>
>>30362876
Like how some of them resemble characters like Lusamine, Lillie, Guzma
>>
>>30363160
phermosa has a shitty shiny and design in general, it'll be ok
>>
>>30363002
But he is/isn't/only is if you count Solgaleo and Lunaala as UBs
>>
>>30363459
Why? What connection is there to Solgaleo or Lunala to Necrozma?
>>
>>30363501
Same music. Corocoro said they have a connection. Similar ability situation. Light-based. The filename for Necrozma's image on the official website was uploaded as "3rdlegendary."
>>
>>30363160
You sure? They ain't like other legends where they're interact encounters, you literally just find them in the wild sometimes.
>>
>>30362716
>and even then it fled after a while
wait really?
>>
>>30363187
I thought the exact same thing.
My idea was that Ultra Beasts we're the next step of like mewtwo. Artificial pokemon. Humans as a base then transformed into Pokemon
>>
>not wanting wiggly wire bro to be catchable
Op is acoustic
>>
File: 1473966117470.gif (71KB, 245x269px) Image search: [Google]
1473966117470.gif
71KB, 245x269px
>>30363501
Adding on to
>>30363873
Necrozma can learn both Morning Sun and Moonlight.

Oh gee, I wonder why?
>>
>>30360764
Fuck off with your stupid idea
>>
>>30360899
Actually until they were revealed catchable the prevalent prediction was that they were uncatchable boss Mon.
>>
>>30361000
Personally it just feels odd catching something I know isn't a real pokemon.
>>
>some ultra beasts are strange alien forms that barely resemble life
>others just look like bug humans
>>
They should have been both bosses in the story and catchable post-game. Making the fight against the UBs off-screen was the game's biggest waste. They should have made them totem-powered bosses that you need to fight before going to the US to fight Lusamine.
>>
>>30366341
It was so odd how the story just went
>islands are in turmoil
>back to the challenges!
>>
>>30360899
Everyone I know thought they would be uncatchable. Would be a lot cooler if they weren't
>>
>>30360764
It'd be good if beast balls were the only thing that could capture them. That way they could reinforce the fact that they were completely alien, not pokemon and that no technology created for anything from this planet could work on them.
>>
>>30366589
Eh too much work for GF.
>>
File: 1479854870164.jpg (39KB, 540x534px) Image search: [Google]
1479854870164.jpg
39KB, 540x534px
>entire franchise revolves around obtaining and raising monsters
>"lol what if you can't obtain these monsters, wouldn't that be original and fun"
>>
File: 5661218682.jpg (42KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
5661218682.jpg
42KB, 400x399px
This obsession with having uncatchable monsters in Pokemon of all series is one of the most idiotic things I've seen on /vp/ since it's inception. It's an "all regions MMO"-tier retarded idea
>>
>>30366886
>>30366770
To be fair they already did the Marowak ghost.
>>
>>30365740
>Isn't a real pokemon.
Do you people actually believe this shit?
Fucking everything in pokemon games are Pokemon. Animals. Plants. Inanimate objects. Gods. Aliens. Previous extradimensional beings. The only things that aren't are human beings and the fucking scenery. Everything else you can capture, train and battle. Everything else is a monster that you can put in your pocket.

Don't be such slaves to Gamefreak's presentation. They are absolutely Pokemon in every sense that matters.
>>
>>30360764
Likewise.
>>
>>30366886
don't forget "they shouldn't allow you to transfer pokemon from your old games at all, I want a fresh start, it'll stop hackers!"
>>
>>30366958
yeah, in game ONE
and people didn't like it then
>>
>>30360764
that is the dumbest fucking idea i have ever heard in my life and you should fucking kill you'reself.
>>
>>30366958
Yeah but the Marowak Ghost is just a standard Marowak in every other sense
A lot different than wanting completely original monsters to be off-limits for no other reason than autism
>>
>>30366886
Anon, there's been uncatchable pokemon since gen 1. They came up again in the form of Pokestar in gen 5.

This is nothing new. Plus the series is about catching every POKEMON. UBs are only pokemon mechanically when it comes to the story the don't say shit about them other than that they're from another dimension.
>>
>>30361823
underrated as fuck. Lusamine transformed into this mad tantacool hardcore rape monster and I thought holy shit they won't... and I was right because they fucking didn't. All because of "muh game for children, muh can't hurt people because technically she's still a human." Talk about wasted potential.
>>
>>30367032
>and people didn't like it then
You're right.
They fucking loved it.
>>
>>30367275
But here is the thing tho, the cutscene right after has Lusamine take a Moongeist Beam from Lunala, so what you said isn't true, they just...got lazy, again.
>>
>>30367248
>This is nothing new. Plus the series is about catching every POKEMON. UBs are only pokemon mechanically when it comes to the story the don't say shit about them other than that they're from another dimension.
Why do you guys keep repeating this? They literally refer to them as pokemon from another dimension
UB's are Pokemon, full stop
>>
>>30367286
No they fucking didn't. people were fucking pissed that there was a marowak that was wild in pretty much all respects other than you can't catch it for no goddamn reason
>>
>>30367346
>They literally refer to them as pokemon from another dimension
Please point to the part where they outright call them pokemon in the story.
>>
>>30360764
no

kys
>>
>>30367286
no they didn't, kids at my school were complaining about how they couldn't catch it
>>
>>30367370
Sorry but the old magazines don't lie.
They liked it because of that unknown factor. You couldn't cheese it by capturing it, you had to fight.
>>
>>30367395
not him but one of the NPCs say it when you go to Ultra Space
>>
File: 1455788352434.png (25KB, 210x271px) Image search: [Google]
1455788352434.png
25KB, 210x271px
>>30366886
>>30366770
Why does it have to be a monster? Maybe it could be a fucking tank or some big robot made by the bad guys. Maybe it is a monster, but a monster that's fully sentient and well aware of the bad things it does.

I just want some actual rpg boss fights against a single powerful opponent that takes a hell of a beating to go down. Totems were a step in the right direction, but god forbid they break too far out of the mold.
>>
Imagine if they weren't catchable.

We'd have 100x more faggots complaining about that.
>>
>>30367438
And which NPC would that be exactly?
>>
>>30366263
Be grateful you can even fucking perceive their forms. They're interdimensional aliens for fuck's sake
>>
>>30367395
multiple times, did you play the fucking game?
you're probably baiting but I'll humour you. make sure you mute it
https://youtu.be/XgpjrgXVUKY?t=566
>>
>>30366589
>it'd be good if this absolutely pointless limitation was put on them for no reason
>>
>>30367460
Gee, maybe because the franchise is called Pocket MONSTERS?
>>
>>30361113
So... Pokemon Mystery Dungeon?
>>
File: 1457390015467.png (1MB, 940x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1457390015467.png
1MB, 940x1000px
>>30367329
I always wonder how things like this happen. I mean she transforms into this badass monster, hell the design is fucking excellent and really looks like it wants to fuck shit up. Then they just go like "ok now first we'll let her send out her Clefable." Why? I think pretty much everyone playing this would have found it awesome if she would have been a part of the fight one way or another. It's pretty damn obvious isn't it? I mean it somehow doesn't seem to be obvious because they didn't do it but it really makes you think
>>
>>30367481
yeah i don't remember, i beat the game like a week ago

go watch a let's play or something, right when they get to ultra space
>>
>>30367505
>literally the next line is "it's very weak proof"
So what of the pokeballs that barely function on them?
What about Lillie questioning what they are.
Or how they're only described as pokemon-like by aether, the people studying them?
Then there's the whole cosmog and Necrozma situation.

Do you get all of your information about the game from watching a five second clip?
>>
UBs being catchable isn't the problem so much as I was hoping they had at least a few unique moves/abilities (Beast Boost is a start but it doesn't fit all of them) to make them more...special. Outside if designs and jacked stats, they're kinda boring gameplay-wise.
>>
>>30366513
>expecting Alolan natives to enlist a foreigner child's help with defending their country from alien monsters from another dimension before you've even gone through their traditional test of strength
This story made infinitely more sense. Why the fuck would an 11 year old be thrown into the fight against alien invaders before beating at least all the kahunas? You didn't even have the big encounter at Aether paradise to prove yourself until basically the end of the game. And then, once everyone found out that you're the strongest trainer in Alola and a league champion, one of the highest possible honors and forms of fame in the pokemon universe, the internatonal police recruited you to help tackle the ultra beasts. Shit, they didn't even trust you with being their most important line of defense, protecting the populated areas, they just tossed you into the wild like an expendable foot soldier. It really all made perfect sense.
>>
>>30367701
>So what of the pokeballs that barely function on them?
the fact that POKEballs work on them at all is proof enough you giant drooling mongoloid
>>
>>30367598
If its the first time you enter that would be Lillie and she doesn't confirm anything.
>>
>>30367736
Pokeballs work on fucking everything dumbass. The fact that they work better on inanimate objects than the UBs should be setting off some alarms in that tiny brain of yours.
>>
>>30367736
If an alien being pops out of a wormhole and I put a dog collar on it, that doesn't make it a dog.
>>
File: pokemon.png (223KB, 592x270px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon.png
223KB, 592x270px
>>30367701
>it's very weak proof
they meant the possibility that they even exist, and they say that about every legendary ever. have you never played a pokémon game before?

>Do you get all of your information about the game from watching a five second clip?
No, I got all my information from playing pokemon sun and moon, in which they constantly refer to ultra beasts as pokémon. maybe you should try it sometime.
>>
>>30367734
>literally one of the few people capable of using Z moves and has been cutting down Kahunas like butter
>not being a valuable asset
>>
>>30362733
The dimension they came from is different but it doesn't have to be totally different. Obviously, the dimensions were nearly identical except for the KINDS of Pokemon. Types, stats, catchability, even their physics was the same.
>>
>>30363104

lol
>>
I don't care about the others, but I'd be pretty upset if I got cucked out of 2 fantastic bug legendaries
>>
>>30367826
>they meant the possibility that they even exist,
You do understand context, no?
Please watch the entire clip again.

>and they say that about every legendary ever. have you never played a pokémon game before?
There has never been a moment in Pokémon where they refer to a legendary as something other than a Pokémon like they do with the Ultra Beasts.

>I got all my information from playing pokemon sun and moon,
Clearly you didn't because all of your proof is contained within gameplay elements rather than the lore or story which leaves them ambiguous at best.
And this is where you post another shot of the dex right?
>>
>>30367911
>the dimensions were nearly identical
You haven't finished the game have you.
>>
Lillie only says "I wonder if Ultra Beasts are really different from Pokemon..." but she is just a fucking 11 year old girl.
>>
>>30365646

>A huge deal is made about how Cosmog nearly died in the Corpus cube.
>Necrozma's name

Truly a mystery for the ages.
>>
>>30367808
"Pokemon" isn't a species like "Dog." That's like saying an Apple isn't a fruit because peeling it doesn't make it an orange.
The hypothetical alien being that you're likely describing is still a sentient, living organism. We'd probably classify it as an animal, even though it's not a dog. You can classify a Buzzswole as a Pokemon even though it's not a houndoom.
>>
>>30367734
>they just tossed you into the wild like an expendable foot soldier
Looked tells you point blank that interpol is regrettably using you (and Annabel) as nothing more than bait, Nanu even directly shits on them for it and Annabel implies that they'd just experiment on and dissect the UBs like Aether would and she did everything she could to make sure they'd let you keep the UBs so they'd be cared for instead.

Basically, the game wants to point out that interpol as an organization is run by assholes, it's just some of the individual agents who are good people. This doesn't reflect poorly on you or your skills, just the organization.
>>
>>30360764
I was stoked on the idea of ultra beasts being like puzzle battles that you had to plan a whole team and approach around.
>>
>>30360764
>Immune to all status effects
>Are their own element so they're not weak or strong against anything
>Can have more than 4 moves
>Can attack multiple times in a row
>>
>>30369236
>We'd probably classify it as an animal
No we wouldn't because that's not how taxonomy works.
>>
>>30367911
>Obviously, the dimensions were nearly identical except for the KINDS of Pokemon.
What? What little we see of Ultra Space is clearly inspired by cosmic horror shit where other worlds are completely alien.
>>
>>30370010
It looks like a coral reef at night with some gyms. Don't act like that's eldritch, land dweller.
>>
>>30362742
I, too, am extremely disappointed in this.

GF just hates taking risks.
>>
Anyone else noticed that if you listen to the Cosmog line, Solgaleo/Lunala, the UBs, and Necrozma's cries, they all share a similar, if not the exact same echo at the end of their cries?
>>
>>30369236
But dog products work on it, therefore it must be a dog. Because pokemon products working on ultra beasts is what makes them pokemon.
>>
>>30371413
Yes.

Cosmog and its evolution are pretty much Ultra Beasts, Necrozma seemingly used to be one originally
>>
ITT: people who like these garbage designs triggered because OP's idea could be fun
>>
>>30367594
Plus they can always brush it off like oh you were only fighting the Nihilego.

You wouldn't fucking kill her, you're just saving her from the Nihilego. Yeah, you hurt Lillie's mom, but she'll get better.
>>
>>30361107
Kyurem was a non-catchable boss fight in BW2. How fun was that?
>>
>>30360764
Technically they're not Pokemon. Normal Pokeballs don't recognize them if you try to use them on them. Even though they're catchable and have national dex numbers.

I don't understand Pokemon sometimes.
>>
Of course they had to be catchable, if Arceus is. But I do wish there were more UB fights throughout the primaty story, even just one more. The first encounter with Nihilego was cool.
>>
File: 132321321213.png (4KB, 175x127px) Image search: [Google]
132321321213.png
4KB, 175x127px
>>30361000
dude
the UBs are weird designs, the faggots who like them even admit it
GF could easily claim that they are not pokemon because whatever reason in order to justify them being uncatchable and you fags would eat this shit
pic related could easily be a pokemon, but I've never seen people complaining that you can't catch it

it's ok if you prefer to catch the UB's but at least understand the point
>>
>Aether Report: Ultra Wormholes
>Beyond the Ultra Wormholes that Professor Mohn discovered lies a different dimension. By investigating the changes in mass there, we can predict the existence of Pokémon-like life. We have dubbed them Ultra Beasts for now.
>Pokémon-like life
>>
https://projectpokemon.org/research/sunmoon/storytext.txt
>Do you think the Ultra Beasts really are Pokémon? I don’t know what to call them anymore...
>>
>>30372387
All the pokestar studio monsters should have been catchable, with the exception of the few humans here and there.
>>
Literally the easiest way to compromise this fags
>Make them only catchable thru something other then a poke ball.
It would be stupid to not be able to catch them. They are monsters, and Pokemon is a game about catching monsters.
At the same time it's stupid that you can catch them the same way you catch Pokemon.
They could have just made some rare item that you need in order to catch the ub
>>
>>30372387
UBs are intentionally weird designs because they are aliens from a different dimension. There's nothing to "admit," that's the obvious fucking fact of the matter. It's really fucking cool.

Also, coincidentally, I was just talking to my friend about how cool that thing is and how I wish we could use it.
>>
>>30372645
Correction, pokemon is a game about catching pokemon. As a world pokemon the series should have beasts outside of that.
>>
>>30360764
holy shit you're right, had the totems been uncatchable UB's instead of scrub ass pokemon then this would of been a totally different, but better, game. even better the option to catch necrozma cause then it would start the lore of UB's being catchable with you being the first recorded person to do so. but nah, lets made them pokemon for no reason yet nothing like pokemon.
>>
>>30361000
it would give the game a different vibe and immerse me more if i could fight something that the game itself cant even give a classification on. not only that but making UB's uncatchable makes gen 8 write itself
>>
>>30362742
they dropped the ball hard with that, lets make the UB's look strangely similar to the main people you see and fight against, could they be UB's? who knows. GF fucked up when they pretty much treated this group as special legendaries, most of them i dont wanna even fucking run, let alone catch
>>
>>30360764
I was in the "you can't catch Ultra Beasts" camp myself and my only disappointment is that they weren't boss fights BEFORE you can start catching them.
>>
>>30367460
>Why does it have to be a monster? Maybe it could be a fucking tank or some big robot made by the bad guys

>villian team of the game makes big gimmicky robots like Jessie and James to in the cartoon sometimes do to serve as bosses

Might be cool.
>>
>>30366886
>It's an "all regions MMO"-tier retarded idea
While I disagree with the uncatchable monsters bit, you still won my heart over with this part.
>>
>>30360764
no, you're stupid
>>
>>30366996
the fact that you can believe anything can be a pokemon is why gamefreak is failing. i'm not even gonna go into mon designs but they literally introduced other wordly creatures and then said "yep! pokemon!" if that was the case then why the fuck even have this lore in the first place? UB's take up a huge chunk of the story to be classified as simple pokemon. but I forgot, because its a pokemon game. people think we need to do the same shit and walk the same fucking path as every other game. just admit that GF is jack shit scared of introducing anything that isnt pokemon or catchable. Gee I wonder why I dont see regular fucking animals even though we know some exists, right we gotta catch every fucking thing in this series
>>
>UB fight before postgame
>UB calls for interdimensional allies
>AI-controlled Tapu of the island joins you in battle

I was 99% expecting that would've happened but gamefreak always lets me down.
>>
>>30361107
>non catchable boss fights

So every gym leader and team boss?
>>
>>30373198
fuck me I would love that. would make capturing the tapus more legit too since they were your literal backup
>>
There isn't much evidence to go by, but the idea that the UBs are basically common in their world is much more satisfying to think about. The thought of that world's bidoofs being these ultra-powerful pokemon is terrifying...
>>
>>30363501
The same connection that Kyurem had to Reshiram and Zekrom, or the same connection that Zygarde had to Xerneas and Yveltal.
>>
>>30373080
Dude, I had an idea
>Gen 8
>Villain wants to put the world in a giant pokeball
>He succeeds
>Protagonist has to unite the regions to wiggle their way out of the ball simultaneously
>World got out of the ball
>Villain only made one pokeball
>Fucks off for the rest of the game
I think it'd be funny as fuck.
>>
>>30367734
Another really annoying part is when you get to Aether for the first time and UB01 shows up. Like, you basically confirm the existence of these creatures that people had been studying for decades and many just thought they were myths and Kukui/Hau/everyone is just "Haha you saw an Ultra Beast? That's pretty cool, back to the challenges!"
>>
>>30367808
No, but if you had a dog collar that could only be put on a dog, and you put it on the alien, there's a pretty good chance that it's a dog.
>>
>>30373110
Neither do Arceus, Unown, the spacetime trio, the lake guardians, Grimer, Porygon, Baltoy, Trubbish, Cryogonal, Carbink, Minior, or Deoxys.
>>
File: 1479793483214.jpg (225KB, 845x906px) Image search: [Google]
1479793483214.jpg
225KB, 845x906px
>>30373198
>could've scripted a UB for each island with same mechanics as Totem pokemon
>the moment your pokemon goes below half a Tapu comes flying in

Fuck, they really could have handled Tapus and UBs much better.
>>
>>30367275
>All because of "muh game for children, muh can't hurt people because technically she's still a human."
Which is weird since she is seen torturing Nebby, created a UB killer, froze Pokemon indefinitely, and implied child abuse. Like, just let us fight a human/beast hybrid, it could be like Wishywashy where once the HP goes down she can de-fuse.
>>
>>30365417
Come to think of it, why did they introduce that concept in Gen 1, then the only other time it came up was in Mystery Dungeon? Why not have someone try to become a pokemon and fuck shit up?
>>
>>30360764
I wish the UBs were boss battles until post game where you can catch them. I expected an UB hunt sometime during the game.
>>
File: I feel it.jpg (255KB, 1072x622px) Image search: [Google]
I feel it.jpg
255KB, 1072x622px
the precedent has already been set for there to be uncatchable enemies in the games as side missions. There isn't any reason these had to be catchable. they very well could have remained boss characters like totems.

I don't recall anyone flipping their shit for not being able to catch these things
>>
>>30367517
How is that no reason, anon just straight-up said why he wanted that.
>>
>>30367370
>for no goddamn reason
A pokemon that's a ghost =/= a ghost type pokemon. There's your fucking reason, lol
>>
>>30367505
kek, I'm not watching all that shit, give me the time.
>>
>>30373555
Monica in Amie/Refresh would be the greatest thing ever made by a human.
>>
>>30367785
>Pokeballs work on fucking everything dumbass.
Do they work on humans?
>>
>>30373555
Some of those things should have been actual pokemon. :(
>>
>>30361406
It's the second biggest regional dex in the series you fucking retard.
>>
>>30373724
>being able to pet those legs
>being able to rub those legs, maybe her ass
>BEING ABLE TO FEED POKE BEANS TO... A GIANTESS

THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN THE BEST GAME EVER
>>
>>30373555
Big fucking difference being these didn't affect the plot and were just fucking movies.
>>
File: what hole, wicke.png (321KB, 582x348px) Image search: [Google]
what hole, wicke.png
321KB, 582x348px
>>
File: autisquirrel girl rage.png (257KB, 851x460px) Image search: [Google]
autisquirrel girl rage.png
257KB, 851x460px
>>30360899
>pokemon fans mad over not changing the formula
>ets mad because they changed the formula
WEW LAD
>>
>>30373555
>I don't recall anyone flipping their shit for not being able to catch these things

>Optional movie monsters vs Special monster that GF hyped up as new and interesting

Gee, I wonder why. That being F-00 would have made an amazing Pokemon.
>>
>>30372241
don't be retarded

I agree with OP in that it'd be completely okay for them to be noncatchable, because they're not actually Pokemon. Pokemon is about catching Pokemon, not everything that looks barely like a Pokemon.
>>
>>30373772
>poking her, dropping the beans, and making her mad
>>
File: mime.jpg (318KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
mime.jpg
318KB, 900x900px
>>30373850
>because they're not actually Pokemon.
>>
>>30373869
>she kills you in a fit of rage
>she can do this in several ways, stepping on you, sitting on you, whatever would work best
>but you just black out and return to whatever Pokemon Centre you were at before
>>
People were so obsessed with this "they're not Pokemon" meme that they can't accept reality now.
>>
It would've been an interesting direction for the series to take if they stuck to the concept that UBs aren't Pokemon. Especially if they keep popping up in later games. A second Great Pokemon War would be interesting.
>>
>>30373754
>Muh regional dex
I'm talking about new pokemon. I don't give a fuck how much kanto shit they shove in.
>>
>>30361182
You can catch the god of the world and reality warpers. They'd have to make those guys uncatchable in this game then
>>
>>30360764
Being catchable is good but its a huge shame they weren't totem pokemon.
>>
>>30374363
They were, partially.
>>
>>30360764
I'm just mad I can't fuse with my UB and become a bad ass hybrid like Lusamine did. Beast Bonds for everyone then.
>>
>>30361000

I just want ultra hard boss pokemon instead of boss trainers. They can only make them so good while still making them catchable, make them un-catchable and suddenly there's no limit to their power cap. I'm talking Pokemon with 10x the hit points as normal and abilities that make them invulnerable until you trigger a certain condition so that you actually have to strategise to beat.

They kind of did this with totem pokemon, but even then you're limited by how weak the base pokemon is before the stat boost, and you still have to play within the confines of an actual pokemon. this would be a chance to go a level even beyond that.
>>
File: 1477476590858.png (1MB, 754x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1477476590858.png
1MB, 754x1200px
I was really hoping for that theory were the UBs were just battle failed Battle Bond experiments.

Some of the UBs even share traits with the characters of the story.
>>
>>30360764
I don't care whether they are pokemon or Ayy lmaos I want them in my team
>>
>>30373847
>Optional movie monsters vs Special monster that GF hyped up as new and interesting
And then they back peddled and made them nothing more than generic pokemon instead of following through and making something interesting.
>>
>>30372746
>should
Nope.
>>
>>30373555
Because there are explicitly not real. They're not actual creatures.

Also, there were plenty of people who wanted to catch them when BW2 came out.
>>
>>30373981
I remember so many people yelling and screaming and stomping their feet about how they'd never be catchable. Pretty hilarious.
>>
Stop mentioning totem Pokemon

Like we cannot catch the powered down version of those

Yall stupid
>>
>>30377321
Yes, should.
Making everything a pokemon is lazy and predictable and is the main reason why pokemon is in a rut. And it looks like GF knew that too which is why they didn't advertise the UB as pokemon.
>>
>>30377587
>the main reason why pokemon is in a rut.
The games are selling more than ever, anon. You getting tired of it is your own problem, not theirs.

This series started with sapient balls and space aliens from the moon being pokemon. You need to get over it by now.
>>
>>30377616
>The games are selling more than ever, anon.
Yeah no. They've only bested gen 5 so far which mind you is the worst selling gen.
>>
>>30360764
Necrozma isn't an Ultra Beast, you stupid bitch.
>>
>>30367248
Have you forgotten that pokemon are just pocket monsters and not some singular entity in the first place? It's like saying an alien can't be a form of animal.
>>
>>30372199
>getting cucked out of Skeeterbro and Wiggly Wire dude
>could be fun
>fun
I hope your children are born retarded
Thread posts: 181
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.