[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Giovanni disband TR after being beaten in the gym battle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: serveimage.png (90KB, 200x459px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.png
90KB, 200x459px
Why did Giovanni disband TR after being beaten in the gym battle? Isn't being beaten part of his job/cover? People are obviously beating his gym all the time, considering how many people are jerking around Victory Road. Fucking Blue beat him, the cocky shit, and he didn't have a problem with that. Gym leaders aren't supposed to use their strongest teams for the challenge, anyway. Considering his goal is to amass the strongest Pokemon in the world to just take over everything, he had to have at least a collection of OP as shit mons stashed away somewhere.

And then he devotes like a decade to training so he can return and take over Johto and Kanto, only to show up with a team that I believe was lower level on average than his old gym leader team. Is Giovanni just a really shitty trainer?
>>
>>30355673
Difference is that Giovanni was most likely going all out against Red at least. And Blue was also the 8th badge, so he wouldn't have been holding back too much, if at all. Getting beaten by two kids in a row, especially after one of them singlehandedly took down a city's worth of your underlings, probably broke his dreams.
>>
>>30355673
He retired because he was beaten yet again by Red, now with his best team.
If you keep being beat by a 11 year old at what you're best, you really start questioning yourself.

Do remind yourself that not even the cops could do jack shit to him.
>>
>>30355673
Also, regarding levels, they're obviously not canon to some extent, Red's Pokemon all lowered in level as well by SM.
>>
>>30355673
Literally just watch Pokemon Origins
>>
>>30355730
>>30355743
>>30355757

I guess going all out specifically on Red makes sense. It would fit with his anime version, when he decides Gary is getting too big for his boots and just crushes him with Mewtwo.

Yeah, levels tend to go up and down between appearances, and there's not always a way to know if a character is using his best team, or something that fits the occasion more. The Celebi event just seemed a bit poorly thought out, considering it was supposed to be a challenge fight against an old villain.

>>30355813

His development in Origins deviated completely from his game character.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.