[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Pokemon Group said that pokemon with hacked parents would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

File: garchomp2.jpg (18KB, 295x177px) Image search: [Google]
garchomp2.jpg
18KB, 295x177px
The Pokemon Group said that pokemon with hacked parents would not be allowed in VGC. Can they even track this? Should I be concerned about this at all?
>>
>>30355264

That's a good question. I really don't see how that could be tracked, unless a Pokémon's data includes all of the data of its parents, which sounds unlikely.
>>
I could see why it would raise questions, but I wouldn't worry to be honest, considering that all of this is possible with the use of bottle caps.
>>
>>30355264
Nigga I've been breeding Mareanie with perfect IVs all day, if it's possible in game they would just check IDs and shit
>>
>>30355264
Unless the parent passes down something illegal it doesn't matter. No more Dream Ball Aegislash incidents though.
>>
>>30355323
Why would it raise questions? A good breeder could make a Garchomp like that in a few hours.
>>
Any baby/egg created by hacked parents will be considered legit since the game generated it...unless they changed something in gen 7
>>
>>30355411

True, but I was just referring to any pokemon that can't breed, especially Null/Silvally. But like I said before, bottle caps fixes those problems.
>>
Only possible way to detect this is with pokeballs like the infamous dream ball rizzoslash
>>
So that obviously fake Shiny perfect-IV Salazzle I got off Wonder Trade (before even first seeing Salazzle in game, so that was a surprise) can't breed legit Pokémon for me? Damn.
>>
>>30355264
That doesn't sound possible... but it hardly matters since you'll still be able to spawn in gold bottle caps and make even random wilds viable
>>
>>30355646
Don't bottle caps show a different color on the IV grid?
>>
>>30355923

I wouldn't be surprised.
Bottle Caps don't actually change IVs, just the stats themselves, so you can't breed out perfect bottlecapped mons
>>
How about doing this?

>get a powersave
>hack in 999 rare candies and bottle caps
>get/hatch a pokemon with the nature and right egg moves if necessary but shit IVs
>EV train it normally
>use rare candies to make it lv 100
>use bottle caps to get max IVs
>profit

I mean, you'll still miss out on hidden power IVs, but I highly doubt they'll manually look at your bag to see if you have 999 candies. Plus, the pokemon you have should be 100% legit on the basis that it wasnt bred from hacked dittos.
>>
>>30355264
Another idea.

What if you breed a 5iv mon with a ditto, get a 5-6iv from it, and then replace the ditto with the mon you just bred and keep breeding, could they still detect it, since the ditto will no longer be a parent?
>>
>>30355679
This. I'm sure that's the only reason they're doing this desu
>>
>>30356047
No see each bottle cap has a unique 128-bit key that gets added to the Pokemon's data every time, so they'll know!

Honestly an individual Pokemon storing even its parents' information is probably bullshit, but even if that's genuinely a part of the extra data they bloat Pokemon info with these days, they're not going to have the Pokemon's GRANDparents in its data or any further recursion, so it'd be a really defeatable measure and kind of pointless.
>>
>>30356105
Supposedly how it works is if the parent is illegal, it flags the child as illegal. If you attempt to use the child as a new parent, any of its children will also be flagged illegal.
It's a tainted bloodline. There is no cure, only culling.
>>
>>30355264
Look up the Dream Ball Aegislash incident

Short answer: no
>>
>>30356152
>No see each bottle cap has a unique 128-bit key that gets added to the Pokemon's data every time, so they'll know!
Could you elaborate on this?
>>
>>30355923
>>
Hacked mon + Non hacked mon =
Legit mon

Legit mon + Hacked mon =
Legit mon

If i continue the chain how could they know if their ancestors were hacked or not?
>>
>>30355264
Don't make me fucking laugh. They were all haughty about how hacked Pokemon would never be able to get through Bank's filter and look what happened.

They are wholly, WHOLLY incompetent when it comes to preventing hacking and injecting generated Pokemon.
>>
>>30356251
You can imagine any further details as well as I can.
>>
>>30356156
>Supposedly how it works is if the parent is illegal, it flags the child as illegal. If you attempt to use the child as a new parent, any of its children will also be flagged illegal.

Hold on. Don't the bred pokemon still work on battle spot? If it does, shouldnt we have nothing to worry about since VGC and battle spot generally have the same ruleset?
>>
>>30356279
It's not incompetence, there's nothing they can do about it
>>
>>30356251
He's bullshitting you.

This is a nonissue, we have access to the fucking sourcecode of the game, we know how they calculate everything. There is no 128bit key, if there was we could add it ourselves.

This is just some shitty meme. You'd expect them to stop hacked mons if they could detect them, wouldn't you? So why aren't they?
>>
>>30355264
People haven't saying that Gamefreak will do something about injected Pokemon since Gen 3. They still haven't and literally cannot do jackshit because there's LITERALLY no way to distinguish them from a "legit" mon.

Just give up already.
>>
>>30356313
They could finally sort out IVs and nip the problem in the bud.

Make IVs randomize every night at midnight. Make them uncheckable so they don't matter. Bring back Super Training or another way to manipulate EVs visibly. Make Hidden Power work differently (i.e. better - like make it so you complete a challenge to set your HP to that type).

If there's no need to inject Pokemon to begin with people will stop doing it.
>>
its all 1's and 0's
>>
>>30356341
>we have access to the fucking sourcecode of the game
I wouldn't call a memory watcher or binaries "source code," we're not even close to that. Obviously you're right that this is all bullshit though.
>>
>>30356435
>uncheckable so they don't matter
But they actually have an effect. And that effect is even amplified for some Pokemon and not others (ones who multiply a weak stat to become usable in battle, via huge/pure power, have huge differences in final stats between 0IV and 31IV). IVs just need to fucking go. Hidden Power is its only positive effect on the game, just give the Pokemon a Hidden Power variable instead.
>>
gen 8
only Pokemon with some special marker are allowed in VGC/Ranked Battle Spot.
this marker are only given to pokemon obtained while connected online.
When Online, all pokemon are generated / modified server side and its data signed.
>>
>>30356341
>we have access to the fucking sourcecode of the game
John GameFreak is that you? Can you share the source with the rest of us?
>>
>>30356534
gen 8 PKHex
implemented special marker
>>
It's a scare tactic, parents are just reference points for the generator. It doesn't copy and paste the code.
>>
>>30356579
data is signed.
>>
>>30355264
Source? My ass
>>
>>30356261
Well that's that then
>>
>>30356592
After meme crypto I don't think they know a fucking thing about data security, I'm not concerned.
>>
>>30355264
I feel like even IF (they probably can't) could tell if the parents were hacked, any generations of breeding past that would probably dilute the code enough so they couldn't tell
>>
>>30355264
As long as it doesn't affect regular online play who cares
>>
>>30355264
Illegal egg moves.
>>
>>30356806
This
>>
>>30356885
There's a difference between hacked mons and illegal mons though
>>
>>30357132
I think what he meant was any egg moves that the child can't learn due to the parent with it not being accessible to the game
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.