[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://twitter.com/pokezan9501/sta tus/800840464727347200

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (427KB, 818x460px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
427KB, 818x460px
https://twitter.com/pokezan9501/status/800840464727347200

Why do so many trainers in this game only have two or three moves, which are not even good most of the time? You guys told me this game was hard, how can you defend this? The movesets are terribly bad and unoptimal as well, so the excuse of letting the AI pick good moves doesn't work, because they don't have any.
>>
>>30353871
This game is only hard in the last few areas. And by that I mean Poni Island in which everyone suddenly jumps up a few levels.

Even then Lusamine's fucking bear has nothing to hit ghosts.
>>
>>30353871
I love this game but that's just straight up embarrassing
>>
>>30353871
See I like the game but the movesets were one of my big problems with it.
>>
>he didn't do Poni Gauntlet
>He didn't do the battle tree (without) properly trained mons
>he didn't do battle royal yet

the story was easy, post game is more difficult
>>
>>30354112
Brutal Swing
>>
>>30353871
Ghost types are still shit in this game, lol. You wall one mon with Decidueye, wow so easy.
>>
>>30353871
>You guys told me this game was hard
Who the fuck told you that?
>>
>>30354331
It does not
All it did to my decidueye was painsplit.pretty pathetic
>>
>>30353871
You haven't finished the game so shut the fuck up already
>>
>>30353871
"Hard" and "harder" aren't the same concept.

Why do people here not get that
>>
Because Gamefreak can't program smart AI

They're AWFUL at it.

I ran a test on that one Z trainer with my Haunter and a Magnemite. They had a Fearow with Pursuit. Each time I sent out my Magnemite it'd use Pursuit. Each time I sent out my Haunter, it'd use Aerial Ace.

It could KILL with Pursuit if it used it, but it always went back to Aerial Ace when I sent the Haunter out.

It's why Lusamine's Clefable is a joke. Since it'll fucking shit itself and use Metronome every other turn.
>>
>>30355156
Programmer here.

GF's total inability to program a decent AI is fucking baffling. I mean, just fucking insane. Making an AI that would run circles around what's in the game would take an amateur maybe a week of casual work. A professional team would be able to do it in an afternoon.

But noooo. Instead we get a fucking flowchart. Not even a long flowchart. Fuck.
>>
>>30355652
Main story is made for 10 year olds.
>>
>>30354531
Christ, half the second battle was just her mons spamming pain split over and over. Most of the time it just damaged her pokemon and did nothing to mine. Had all the time in the world to set up on her.
>>
>>30355681
10 year olds aren't retarded, and they don't need to be put in front of an AI that may as well be throwing darts at its move list in order to win or have fun.

Kids thrive when put in front of challenges that they can understand. As long as they know all the rules, they'll figure it out. And there are not that many rules in Pokemon. They'll figure it out.

I hate how people assume that kids can't handle challenges or will give up at the slightest bump. They just don't do that. I've worked in a daycare, I know this first hand. Kids love being challenged.
>>
File: time goes by.gif (1021KB, 393x220px) Image search: [Google]
time goes by.gif
1021KB, 393x220px
>>30355903
Doesn't change that it was made for them.

I was playing pokemon red, on release, when I was 6 years old, I had a blast, never blacked out, and beat the game in a few days, and the games have only gotten slowly easier.
>>
>>30355903
well apparently plenty of people are getting rekt at least once throughout the game, so that's a step up
>>
>>30355972
Kids are getting dumber
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.