[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /vp/ what totem gave you the most troubel? For me it was mimikyu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 7

File: p07_01_en.jpg (37KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
p07_01_en.jpg
37KB, 400x240px
So /vp/ what totem gave you the most troubel?
For me it was mimikyu .He sweeped team twice with a sucker punch from haunter followed by a shadow claw from mimikyu. I only bet him by using an alolan sandshrew my friend gave me from moon.
>>
Mimikyu got a couple of my team, laurantis wasted the most of my time though.
>>
>>30349608
Only reason you win is because the A.I is still retarded.

Vikavolt Totem can win by just spamming Spark or Bug Bite.

Mimikyu totem is almost impossible to beat because the Haunters put you to sleep and your fucked once that happens.

Kommo-oo is only passable because it spams Clanging Scales that rapes its defense making it easy to one shot but if that thing has fucking Outrage or Dragon Rush it would be nigh impossible to beat.

Wishiwashi is only a joke because its helper mons Wishiwashi with no school form are complete shit.

Salazzle doesnt even need to use Toxic and Venoshock its stats are so high that by just spamming Flame Burst it can win no matter what.

Yungoos is meh
>>
>>30349721
>Wishiwashi is a joke
>he didn't have to endure the helper Alomomola
Lucky you. Killing the helper Wishiwashi first was my biggest mistake.
>>
Mimikyu fucked me up since I had shitty coverage.
>>
>>30349608
There were no "hard" totems for me, but Raticate made me go down to my last Pokémon since I didn't have a full team at the time
>>
>>30349721
Gumshoos isn't even a meh, after battling it through a few playthroughs i found out if your faster than it, it will just spam scary face. So switching or being faster gives you a free turn always.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (31KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
31KB, 1280x720px
>>30349792
>>
Totem Raticate could easily win by have its allies spam Tail Whip then on the next turn it hyper fangs your ass , and also did you know Raticate can LEARN PURSUIT PRETTY EARLY YH THATS RIGHT YOU JUST TRY AND SWITCH FAGGOT ENJOY THAT STAB 80 BP DARK TYPE MOVE.
>>
>>30349608
Either Lurantis or Vikavolt.
Beating Lurantis forced me to rely on constantly getting Gyarados to intimidate it and the bird helper (killing it meant Castform sub rape) so someone else could finish it.
Vikavolt required my Magneton to PP stall the helper until it was out of Mud slap use, switch out and on to reset accuracy, then Metal Sound away the Charge boosts before killing it
>>
>>30349792
This.
Soak was also really annoying becuase it removed the STAB bonus from Dartix's Razor Leaf and that was just about the only super effective move I had.
>>
Imagine a Dugtrio totem.
>>
Dont think i needed more than two attempts at any, but the hypnosis faggotry on the mimikyu trial triggered me the most.
>>
Mimikyu. I got cocky and started with a weak Pokémon for EXP purposes then tried to switch in Decidueye, which then kept getting flinched and put to sleep. Took me a bunch of turns to finally get off whatever its Z-move is called, but of course I forgot about Mimikyu's ability, so it was wasted.

I also had issues with Salazzle, but only because my team was laughably weak to Fire at that time (all of my strongest Pokémon were Grass or Bug, and I had no STAB moves against Fire).
>>
Wishiwashi was the only one I fought that didn't boil down to "oh shit better send out my type advantage and shitstomp it"
And that's only because I didn't have anything it was weak to.
So I just had Cutiefly tickle it with Struggle Bug until it was at -6 SpAtk before sending Mankey out to clean up.
>>
Wishiwashi because I had no Electric or Grass types and Alomomola kept healing the fucker.
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (97KB, 242x251px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
97KB, 242x251px
>Mimikyu and Haunter are faster than most of my pokemon, Haunter keeps putting my pokemon to sleep before I can do anything
>Say fuck it and switch out my fastmon, kill haunter
>Gengar comes and it's faster than all of my pokemon
>LIterally can't do anything until the RNG gods decide it's time for hypnosis to miss

FUCK
TOTEM
MIMIKYU
>>
>>30349608
On lurantis now. I pulled my grimer out of the pc to train him up a bit and see if I get it poisoned before it destroys the rest of my team
>>
File: 1439155664543-2.jpg (118KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1439155664543-2.jpg
118KB, 499x499px
>all these people who struggled with Mimikyu
>sent out a trashmon to take out its disguise and sacrifice itself
>sent out Incineroar afterwards
>outspeed Haunter's sleep shit and 1-shot Mimikyu with Malicious Moonsault after it tickled me with Play Rough
easiest totem desu senpai
>>
Gumshoos was a joke because you got Brick Break right there, and you knew it was a normal type.
Wishiwashi swept three of my pokemon, but I didn't have a good grass type at that point. Fuck that Alomomola.
Salazzle drops in one hit from Lycanroc. Pushover.
Lurantis drops in one hit from Torracat. Also a pushover.
Vikavolt does some damage, but nothing bad.
Mimikyu nearly sweeps my team. Thank goodness for random crits and high affection.
Kommo-o was a joke. Play Rough, dead.

Mimikyu > Wishiwashi > Vikavolt > Gumshoos > Salazzle = Lurantis
>>
>>30350476

And then when you finally manage to get off your Z-move on Mimikyu and learn that its ability give it one free hit...
>>
>>30350596
>Incineroar (base 60) outspeeding Haunter (base 90)
>+2 Mimikyu not OHKO'ing
Overleveled faggots need not apply
>>
>>30350614
It really, really depends on your team. Wishiwashi was a pushover for me, but Salazzle kicked my ass.
>>
>>30350655
I wasn't any more than 2 or 3 levels higher at the time.
I also have a +speed nature on it and I highly doubt any of the enemy pokemon had any IVs or EVs whatsoever.
And incineroar's pretty bulky on top of Mimikyu never using any boosting moves. It just spammed Shadow Sneak.
>>
I was stupid underleveled for Lurantis and about half my team at the time was weak to grass. On top of that, I got really unlucky with that asshole summoning Castform helpers that would Sunny Day until I wanted to throw my 3DS out the goddamn window. Bad times.
>>
Lurantis almost swept me
>>
My personal experience:

>Gumshoos
lmao fucking scrub

>WishiWashi
I was lucky enough that he spawned an ally WishiWashi on me. I was also dumb enough to not remember Razor Leaf hits everything on the other side. He summoned an Alomomola and then a battle of atriction ensued where he would spam Soak + Growl to the point where I was doing pitiful damage while Alomomola kept pressing Helping hand and Healing Pulse. Switch to Fomantis and repeat the process until Alomomola is dead. I feel for the poor souls who picked Litten

>Salazzle
Personally I didn't have much difficulty, but then again since you have two battles before and cannot skip them it can get annoying, because my leading pokémon has a Burn status. The ally Salandit are cunts, though

>Lurantis
Fuck this shit. Maybe it's because I picked Rowlet but this nigga was hard. Between Weather Ball spam and stalling me with Synthesis, I had to use 2 X Attack and a Z-move to make it past

>Vikavolt
If you're immune to electric attacks it's cake. Mudsdale took him on real easy

>Mimikyu
Felt rather acessible. Once again I used Mudsdale that is pretty much physically invecible I also gave him a Lum Berry, because fuck Hypnosis

>Kommo-O

Kommo-o should be at least Level 50. Doesn't make any sense that Hapu's Mudsdale is Lv 48, and then you cross an area full of strong trainers only to defeat a lv45 pokémon. I one-shotted him with Play Rough. To be fair though, Kommo-o is end-game and you have 4 dexes worth of options compared to earlier totems

Lurantis > WishiWashi > Salazzle > Mimikyu > Kommo-o > Gumshoos
>>
>>30350629
YES, right? I used Malicious Moonsault and I was like this is gonna be ezpz and then nothing happened and holy shit I was mad.
>>
>>30350897
>>30350629
Did you people forget about its ability that was revealed and has been known for months before release?
>>
>>30350935
>What is avoiding spoilers
>>
Lurantis beat me. No one else was an issue. Half my team was a level or two away from evolving so fixing that issue made Lurantis a non issue.
>>
>>30350943
It's not really avoiding spoilers so much as putting yourself under total media blackout for over half a year until the game released.
>>
For me personally:

Raticate: Pushover.
Wishiwashi: Dartrix one-shotted it, so no Alomamola issues.
Salazzle: My team was entirely weak to Fire, so this one was a challenge. If I recall, it almost wiped me.
Lurantis: Charjabug and Cutiefly made this one pretty easy. Not a pushover, but no major issues.
Vikavolt: No issues. I think my Toucannon outsped it.
Mimikyu: Ugh. Sleeping and flinching, and I fell for its ability. I won, but this was a tough one.
Kommo-o: One-shotted by Crabrawler, I think. Disappointingly easy.
>>
>>30350935
Yes, I did. I knew about it when it was revealed, but I didn't remember it until it activated during that battle.

>>30350993
Which is what I did. Well, not for six months, but from the moment that people started getting the actual game until I beat the main game. So yes, I did forget certain details.
>>
>>30350993
That's pretty much what I did, and I had more fun with this SM than I've had with any Pokémon game for a long, long time.
>>
>>30350993
I saw Mimikyu, but I didn't see its ability. Actively avoided everything Pokemon until release.
>>
File: 1477477051655.jpg (659KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477477051655.jpg
659KB, 1280x720px
>Totem Lurantis summoned his ally!
>Castform appeared!
>Castformed used Sunny Day!
>Totem Lurantis used Solar Blade!
>>
>>30349608
Literally break the disguise and use Malicious Moonsault and youre done
>>
lurantis
I already had my team planned out but 4 of the pokémon I wanted weren't available yet so I only had pikachu and brionne, both of which fainted in one hit to solar blade
also I expected this game to be the same piss easy difficulty as gen 6 so they were sort of underleveled on purpose
it was a fun fight
>>
>Incineroar used Inferno Overdrive
>>
>>30351043
>one-shotting a school form Wishiwashi with a Dartrix

??????????????????
>>
>>30350935
Yes, and I got mad
>>
>>30349608
>mimikyu
Mudsdale used Heavy Slam
>???
>>
>>30349608
>tfw have trouble with Lurantis
>little sister kills it with a bullshit proc of a quick claw pluck
>from her level 31 Rowlet
>the rest of her team is just level 15 shitmons
goddammit
>>
>>30352098

I think so. It was a while ago at this point. Maybe it was Charjabug. But I definitely did one-shot it. And I don't think I was overleveled, if I recall.
>>
>>30352146
Yep, once the disguise is down the thing folds like paper
>>
File: lewd lady.png (105KB, 673x189px) Image search: [Google]
lewd lady.png
105KB, 673x189px
>>30349608
Lurantis > Wishiwashi > Mimikyu > Vikavolt's Immortal Charjabug > Kommo-o > Gumshoos > Salazzle
>>
I had a Minior for Totem Mimikyu. I got two Ancient Power boosts in a row, while Mimikyu missed its first two Play Roughs. The Haunter just kept spamming Hypnosis against Shields Down. By the time Mimikyu managed to hit, Minior was too bulky for it to kill.
>>
Mimikyu was the hardest when I was helping out my cousins and siblings with the fight (they were ahead of me). No less than 8 clean sweeps with them. By the time I fought Mimikyu myself I already had my strategy worked out, Pluck with birb to break disguise and take lum berry, beak blast to burn Mimikyu, and then everything fell into place.
>>
The only two I had trouble with were Wishiwashi and Mimikyu. No team wipes, though. Raticate, Lurantis, Salazzle, Vikavolt, and the dragon dude were pretty easy. Lurantis never called Castform against me, which might have helped. Didn't even know it could until someone mentioned it much later.

I think all of the totem pokemon probably could have stood to have +2 to both defenses as a base buff, on top of whatever specialized buff they get. Maybe don't start that until later into the game, third island maybe, because Vikavolt is a little pathetic, and I don't want to think about +2 +2 wishiwashi with an alomomola helper.
>>
Lurantis and Mimikyu. Had to stall them both out with Mudsdale and actually whited on Mimikyu (in the first time since forever) because it critted me and I for some reason had no revives, then proceeded to rape my team.

Kommo-o gave me a bit of my trouble since my team was all low level 40s getting to him (I used a lot of mons and swapped out regularly, and didn't use Exp Share) but he wasn't too bad.
>>
>>30354201
Kommo-o was probably the easiest one besides salazzle

>Ribombee used Dazzling Gleam
>>
Salazzle

Mostly because you never got the chance to heal between battles
>>
>>30354451
>Mudbray used bulldoze
>>
>>30350596
Not teaching kadabra shadow ball
>>
>>30349608
Mimkyu completely fucked me over with the constant play rough + hypnosis combo.
>>
Kommo-oo was the easiest, just had my Alakazam Dazzling Gleam-based Twinkle Tackle it, OHKO. Did have trouble with all of the others.
>>
>>30349608
Only did Gumshoos so far, but I was surprised how much strategy I had to put in.
>Yungoos managed to get four Sand-Attacks in on Gumshoos
>Pichu managed to get three Charms in (two on Gumshoos, one on the ally Yungoos)
>Rattata managed to get two Tail Whips in on Gumshoos
>Slowpoke managed to get a few Yawns in as well as a few Curses and Tackles
>Pikipek managed to get a few attacks in
>Rowlet finished off the battle

My entire team ended up being necessary to win, and I loved that.
>>
>>30349608
Only Mimikyu because I wasn't looking and wasted my attack instead of workup so it shoot my supporter.
The rest was won by:
>Oricorio used Z Work up
>Oricorio used Baton Pass
>Switch on the mon with SE attack.
(Brione for Wishiwashi)
(Dugtrio for Salazzle)
(Oricorio stayed for Lurantis)
(Oranguru for Vikawolt)

Kommo-o was neat, but I used buldoze two times on it and knocked it out with my A Exeggutor
>>
>>30354671
Grind moar
>>
>>30352146
Haunted used Hypnosis!
>>
Kommo-o

My team had nothing to deal with it. Alolan Sandslash was my only hope but it was too slow and has a double weakness to fighting
>>
>>30354451

My team at the time was Dartrix, Cutiefly, Trumbeak, Charjabug, Crabrawler, and I think Gumshoos. So Salazzle was a challenge. My only super effective moves were Dig and Rock Throw (or something like that) and neither was STAB.

I won, but I think it KO'd like four of my Pokémon first.
>>
>>30349792
totem wishiwashi didn't use a single damaging move when I fought it. I just kept spamming Screech with Persian and one-shot it with Chargabug
>>
>>30354572
Kommo-o and its SOS partners seemed really underlevelled to me. Every other Totem Pokémon had been about 3-4 levels higher than my strongest Pokémon, but Kommo-o was the same level as my weakest one at that point.
>>
>>30352692
Nice strategy
>>
Salazzle and Lurantis were the only ones who really fucked me up, I only beat the latter because I got lucky try 2 and it summoned a Trumpbeak that missed every single Supersonic while Lurantis was full paralyzed 3 turns in a row.

Lurantis > Salazzle > Mimikyu > Kommo-o > Gumshoos > Vikavolt
>>
Wishiwashi, but i didn't black out, thanks to cutiefly. she got lucky on silver wind and then managed to kill it as it ohko'd everything with helping hand + water gun or whatever move it had
>>
Lurantis for me, fucker kept spamming synthesis after castform set up sunny day. Luckily I got it poisoned with my Grimer and took it out with some lucky criticals.
>>
>>30355118
Oh wait, forgot Wishiwashi. Probably between Kommo-o and Gumshoos.

Do the Totems have perfect IVs or are they ev trained? My Torracat's Z-Fire Fang only did about half damage to Lurantis.
>>
>>30349608

I wiped twice against Mimikyu, none of my team had any super effective attacks. I had to do the trade for the Alolan Golem and use Gyro Ball on it to win.

Kommo-o was the easiest. If you have Primarina you can nuke it with Moonblast.
>>
Lurantis, only because it called Castform on first turn and had to deal with Sunny Day powered Solar Blade before it even used its Power Herb.

All others were fairly easy.
>>
>>30354713
But I was happy with the result, as well as the entire battle. It felt like a real boss battle.
>>
>>30349608
SWEPT

HE SWEPT YOUR TEAM TWICE
>>
Lurantis. Trumbeak was a massive pain in the ass for my team, and Lurantis' constant synthesis spam made it impossible to make any headway. Once I had dealt with Trumbeak, Castform wasn't much better.
>>
Just found out that kommo-o can summon scizor to take out fairies
>>
>>30355502

That'd be useful if Kommo-o wasn't so vulnerable to getting OHKO'd. Between it's relatively low level and the prevalence of things that can knock it out, it's ally Pokémon will often never even make it into battle.
>>
>>30349608
Wishiwashi was the hardest for me, then Salazzle.

By the time I got to Lurantis, my team was strong enough to easily beat the rest of them. Totem Kommo-o and his assist went down to one attack from Ribombee.
>>
Almost all of them. Hell, fucking Hau beat me once.
>>
>>30355796
Oh man. Some of these Totems I can understand, but Hau? Ouch.

My only actual loss was to Kukui at the League. That damn Incineroar.
>>
>Gumshoos
I remember it being somewhat tough mostly because I didn't have any Fighting type moves so it was just a battle of attrition.

>Wishiwashi
Not too bad, mostly annoying since it summoned an Alomomola with Helping Hand and Heal Pulse. But it couldn't really do much to my Dartrix so I just had to Crit with Razor Leaf.

>Salazzle
I honestly don't remember how this went down. I don't think it took me more than one try so I guess it wasn't too bad? Despite the fact that half my team was weak to Fire.

>Lurantis
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUU
FUCK THE CASTFORM IT SUMMONS, FUCK THE POWER HERB SOLAR BLADE, FUCK THE SYNTHESIS, FUCK EVERYTHING

>Vikavolt
I was expecting it to be harder, but I did alright

>Mimikyu
Kicked my ass. I relied on switching back and forth between Arcanine and Gyarados for Intimidates to weaken it at least but the Haunters it summoned were really cumbersome.

>Kommo-O
A breather. Not really any challenge at all, especially since Clanging Scales reduced its Def and you fought higher leveled trainers anyway.
>>
>>30355796
>>30355889
Let me guess, was it the first battle on Ula'ula Island?

Because I lost to Hau there. His A-Raichu outsped and overpowered me with its Psychic.
>>
>>30349608
Only had trouble with mimikyu but sweeped every totem before it called for help, just rng really
>>
>>30356021
Yep. Was not prepared for his Raichu. Didn't help that I didn't know it's new typing.
>>
>>30352152
Did she tell you to git gud afterwards?
>>
>>30350935
Trust me it's easy to forget in the heat of battle, especially when you have a new toy. Yeah, I did facepalm.....
>>
>>30356168
yes
and I lost a bet so now I have use a magnemite with an everstone my whole playthrough
>>
>>30349608
Wishwashi totem is ez. But you need to get bouncee.

Guy who gives you bouncee is MVP
>>
>>30356021
I didn't lose that fight (My friend did though) but I always dreaded fighting Hau after that because that Raichu is annoying as hell.
>>
File: tmp_7309-1480251107171884039907.jpg (65KB, 499x498px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_7309-1480251107171884039907.jpg
65KB, 499x498px
Mimikyu was ezpz thanks to my magneton. Lurantis was the one who made a bitch out of me with its birb shit buddy rock throwing my fire pokemon
>>
>Gumshoos
I don't even remember this battle, pretty sure I beat it easily with my Litten
>Wishiwashi
Spammed X items onto my Cutiefly and slowly took it out.
>Salazzle
Used my Rockruff as well as Mareanie to take it out.
>Lurantis
Fuck this thing. I ended up toxic stalling it with Mareanie.
>Vikavolt
Lycanroc 2 shot it.
>Mimikyu
Fucked my team. Went down to my Lycanroc but I won.
>Kommo-o
One shot it with Ribombee crit.
>>
>>30350031

>anyone on earth had trouble with alolan Raticate

The brick break tm is literally 5 feet from it's door, how the fuck could anyone NOT one shot it?
>>
>>30349608
The only one who gave me problem was Vikavolt because RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW bullshit.
>>
>>30349608
lurantis and mimikyu
lurantis was just salandit spamming flame bursts until it dropped and then day lycanroc mopped up
mimikyu caught me off guard with how much damage it dealt
>>
>Raticate
Complete pushover
>Wishiwashi
He spawned alomomola right fucking away, got soaked, changed and after a while i pulled a lucky razor leaf crit
>Salazzle
used snorlax since he was the only one capable of tanking her with THICC fat
>Lurantis
LURANTIS USED SYNTHESIS
I don't remember how I beat this one, I probably used thicc fat strats for castform and then killed the totem
>Vikavolt
Z-Rock move with Lycanroc
>Mimikyu
Wasted sinister arrow raid because didn't know 'bout its ability, died after using spirit shackle, gengar finished the job
>>Kommo-o
>mfw lvl 64 decidueye z-move one shot
Unironically easiest totem fight for me, except for Raticate
>>
>>30349917
I would say losing pokemon at all makes it a hard battle.
>>
>>30350596
>losing a pokemon
>easy
lol thats not how it works fampai
>>
>>30356904
>Level 64 Decidueye
Jesus dude
>>
Mimikyu was the toughest.
Wishiwashi I OHKO'd. Gave dartrix a scope lens and used razor leaf. He never even got to attack, the poor guy.

Mimikyu just felt more like it could turn into a sweep. I think my Wishiwashi tanked a hit or two and got him down to low hp and then something else finished the job, possibly sun doge.
>>
Lurantis probably, I was relying on charjabug for dealing with grass types so castform fucked me over.
>>
>>30354451
>attempting Totem Salazzle with a mono grass team
I only got past it thanks to a combination of
>owl being the only grass type you get at that point that's not OHKO by anything slut lizard throws at you
>teaching owl Light Screen
>Pluck stealing its Petaya Berry depriving it of a potentially deadly boost
>Salazzle's paper thin defenses
>>
>>30356021
Shit, I didn't lose to him, but I remember being shocked by how fast and strong that raichu was.
>>
>>30357120
I got to pokemon league with him lv 66 and others around level 58, I tend to kill every single mon I find unless I find one every two fucking steps.
I once got to league in fire red with a lv96 charizard, though i was lucky since meowth picked up some rare candies through the game
>>
>>30349721
Kommo-oo was super easy. all i did was moonblast it a few times and it died.
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.