[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else here exclusively plays on the 'Set'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

Does anyone else here exclusively plays on the 'Set' battle style?

I mean, why wouldn't you? Do you honestly need the game any easier by going with 'Shift'?
>>
>>30343073
It all depends on "do I remember to change the setting" because it's on shift by default, but when I'm trying to level up a mon, I like using shift so I can switch it in and out to max its gains.
>>
Gen 5 was the first game I changed it over to set and I've never looked back. The games are just so much more enjoyable when you aren't given a big warning sign before every single trainer switch.
>>
>>30343073

>I need to feel validated by setting a self-imposed challenge in a kid's game.
>>
I like set but set fucking sucked in S/M for me. All of my Pokemon were so damn slow and frail, a switch in basically meant my Pokemon would get killed for nothing.
>>
>>30343413
>I'm afraid of any semblance of challenge so I belittle others who find joy in it.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, bitch-nigga.
>>
I wish there were limited switches allowed in official league matches, like in the anime. I think doing that could warrant the exclusion of healing in battle. Or maybe better yet, just limit item usages.
>>
I played Set until the final battles because I was low on revives and just wanted to finish so I can get to breeding.

Now when I'm catching the UBs I don't care about set/shift anymore and just keep it on shift to make it faster
>>
>>30343462
Same as this anon but with Exp. Share. Played whole game without it on and on Set. Alot funner imo and I wasn't too underleveled at all with little to no grinding.
>>
>>30343073
I played shift in my last run simply because I wanted to control the experience received by each pokemon.
>>
>>30343073
>wanting nonexistent """difficulty""" in an easy children's game
>not wanting to blast through story mode to reach competitive
Found the casual
>>
>>30343555
>Not savoriness your first playthrough experience.
Found the pleb
>>
>>30343579
>savoriness
Found the mobileposter
>>
>>30343608
Fight me
>>
>>30343413
But its barely a game now. It tells you what moves to use, it tells you what pokemon theyre going to send in.

There barely a game aspect to S/M, its a menu simulator with animations and an overworld.
>>
>>30343073
I play on shift because I forget the options exist in the first play when I play the games.
>>30343442
>challenge
>X is about to send out a Fire Type
>You sent out a Water Type like a bitch with no strategic planning.
>>
>>30343555
How to make games harder:

Battle gym leaders but have no typing that resists their main type.

Good luck beating Volkner without a Ground type to absorb those thunder punchs faggot.
>>
>>30343833
>having to self-impose rules to make a game hard
lmfao
>>
>>30343850
The game is hard though,, well Platinum is its fucking hard and the only way people beat the game by being overleveled or using full revives like pussies.
>>
>>30343885
>The game is hard though
looooool what are you fucking 12?
>>
>>30343533
This is the only reason I play shift, let alone I've never tried set.

I usually have whoever needs the most exp to level up in the front of my party, and switch (when given the option) to whoever requires the most next if the first pokemon surpassed them.

It became a habit of mine.
>>
File: 5848465.jpg (32KB, 250x272px) Image search: [Google]
5848465.jpg
32KB, 250x272px
>>30343885
>The game is hard though
>>
>>30343073
The game is normal difficulty. They always were. I played with shift and exp. Share and I never found myself over leveled. The exp. Share exists because the newer games have less trainer battles and you're also meant to have a team of 6 while making team changes along the way. Easy game? No. It's made so you can enjoy it, you just don't know how to play it.
>>
I'm always changing to set, but now in S/M I'm after the first island and I barely noticed any difference (there were like, what, 3 trainer battles with more than 1 poke?)
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.