[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, I haven't played Pokemon since Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: rowlet.png (181KB, 835x957px) Image search: [Google]
rowlet.png
181KB, 835x957px
Okay, I haven't played Pokemon since Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. I came back because I really wanted to play this one. I have a question though, and this is probably a really dumb question but I'm going to ask it anyway.

How viable is it if you don't evolve your Pokemon?

Rowlet is so adorable and I really want to take the little guy all the way. If I had to guess though, he'll turn out significantly weaker in terms of stats than if I evolved him, right?
>>
>>30342280
Rowlet sucks
can't take hits, slow as balls and isn't very strong
even after it evolves its still useless though so it probably won't make much difference
>>
>>30342280
if you don't evolve rowlett is will be a struggle to use it at all

you can always spam items and grind but that is going to make the game very tedious

you could always just get a muk, ribombee, and mudsdale and roll through everything with those while your rowlett hangs out tho
>>
>>30342280
He will be weaker but do it, he's cute as.

Your other Pokemon will be able to cover for him too, anon.

Make sure you pat and feed rowlet a lot in the thing known as Pokemon refresh, after you unlock it. Once it reaches certain happiness it will dodge enemy attacks and stuff.
>>
There's not a single reason whatsoever to keep any starter and much less to keep them unevolved
>>
>>30342280
I made it through the game just fine without evolving my Torracat. You can get Eviolite (held item that doubles a Pokemon's defenses) fairly early in the game, before you get into your 30s.

Rowlet might be harder to keep alive than Torracat since it's a first stage Pokemon. Grass/Flying also has a lot of weaknesses too. If you're set on not evolving it, then go for it. It could be a fun challenge. The game is harder than XY but it's still not that difficult. I think you could do it as long as the rest of your team is decent.
>>
>>30342280
I kept him unevolved until past level 40, mainly because i wanted moves faster, and used him for pretty much every fight.
You'll need to have him over-levelled to make it work out but you can do it comfortably enough for at least the first half of the game.
>>
>>30342327
>salt: the post
>>
Thanks for the replies.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.