[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So are we getting more Ultra Beasts next gen or are they just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: nihilego-ow.jpg (25KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
nihilego-ow.jpg
25KB, 400x240px
So are we getting more Ultra Beasts next gen or are they just a legendary subgroup for this gen like the Regis from Gen 3.
>>
>>30338776
Ultra Beasts aren't Legendaries.
>>
>>30340340
Correct they are coded as sub-legends along with the Tapu, Silvally, and other minor legends.
>>
>>30338776
I imagine we'll get more with Stars or whatever the next games are a la more Megas in ORAS
>>
Makes me wonder how they'll handle them in future games.

Either maintain compatibility between the Alola games and have them be exclusive to that, or make them part of the next gen's story. I feel like they're too important to just confine to being extras, unless they're content with just letting us visit Ultra Space just to catch them and then leave or whatever. I honestly wonder how they'll handle them now.
>>
>>30340524
Considering they're Pokemon that appear in wormholes it would be fun if they randomly appeared in hordes/S.O.S battles instead of being in a set location.
>>
>>30340340
this. they aren't legendaries. they are just hard to obtain, super strong special pokemon that you can't breed.

:/

i'm wondering the same thing though op. now that they have brought up this strange idea i would hope that they will actually follow through with it.

i'm assuming we are going to see them come up in relation to giratina in the gen4 remakes. subsequently i think they will be featured more prominently in the third game of this gen. at this point it seems like we are going to get a kalos/alola crossover game. something like "pokemon: z-eclipse" or "pokemon: earth" with 100% zygarde or form of necrozma being the primary legendary focus.

i do think that it's worth noting that all of the ultra beasts are based on things which are pests or nuisances. jellyfish, mosquitos, and cockroaches all rank among the worlds most notorious invasive species. bamboo, paper cuts, short circuits, and overconsumption aren't animals but are all annoying and hard to avoid. seeing as how there were several invasive species featured in sun/moon (rattata line for example) it's possible that the ultra beasts won't carry on past this generation.
>>
>>30340416
Alternate Forms are also coded as being entirely different Pokémon from each other, but that doesn't make Zygarde's formes any less the same Pokémon. Ultra Beasts are coded like that for a coding purpose, but in-universe they are not Legendary.
>>
>>30338776
I don't think even Game Freak knows the answer to that.
They've been experimenting with shit for a while now.
>Megas, Region exclusive forms, UBs, etc.
We will have to wait and see what they end up sticking with.
>>
>>30340632
Could be interesting. Like have it be telegraphed like "watch out on Route whatever, there's been sightings of a very dangerous... Pokemon?" and then you just encounter it there. They can be caught with regular Poke Balls, it's just that the Beast Ball has a higher catch rmultiplier, right? So just have them be completely zero context alien creatures that just happen to be pretty strong and have their existence be a mystery unless you're familiar with the Alola games.

>>30340654
>>30340340
They're technically not Legendaries, in fact given the abundance of Nihilego in Ultra Space then its's safe to assume these are just regular alternate dimension Pokemon. But, their statts are very comparable to Legendaries, have a green border in the PokeDex (which I believe is only also done with the Tapus and maybe Null and Silvally?), and they can't breed. Even if they're not Legendaries (I guess also considering the fact that there are multiples of these things), they're pretty damn close. They've even got the mystery and potential for destruction that Legendaries sometimes do.
>>
They're sub legendaries, you denialfags are the worst.
>>
>>30338776
Solgaleo and Lunala are Ultra Beasts lore-wise. But it's difficult to explain. There are several Nihilegos in the Ultra Beast world, which means they are common there. But we've only seen one of each of the other UBs.

I bet that the Sinnoh remakes will retcon Palkia, Dialga, Giratina and Arceus as UBs. They sure look alien in comparion to all the other box legendaries thus far. Maybe Arceus was an UB strong enough to break from the UB world and create a completely new universe from our back-then-empty dimension.
>>
>>30340845
i could see many legendaries coming from ultra space...
>>
>>30340845
Maybe it's because we had an entire decade to slowly accept the creation trio and Arceus as pokemon, but their design seems pretty tame compared to the UBs, which are pretty outlandish and highly detailed.
>>
>>30340444

No. That would mean they are new Pokemon which means the Pokedex would have to be extended. Marshadow is the last Pokemon, they're not going to add more onto it. They've never done that and I doubt they will now. If anything, they would get forms.
>>
>>30338776
Yes we are getting Ultra Dialga and Palkia
>>
>>30340763
yeah, I think it's established that the UBs you encounter are basically Zubats of Ultra-space.

So imagine what that dimension could REALLY shit out.
>>
>>30340655

GF wouldn't have banned them from battle facilites if they weren't legendary.
>>
>>30340763
Here's the thing dickbag, the "legendary" classification does in no way mean that it's the only one of a kind, but that is irrelevant as the Tapu and the UBs are not legendaries, they are explicitly referred to as part of the "sublegendary" group. The term "sublegendary" is used in the game's code, and the term "mythical" is spouted by several NPCs.

Legendaries are strong, unbreedable Pokemon that can not participate in battle facilities and are usually a major plot point or event in-game. They have a golden background in the Gen 7 Pokedex.
Sublegendaries are strong, unbreedable Pokemon that CAN participate in battle facilities. They have a green background in the Gen 7 Pokedex.
Mythical Pokemon are Pokemon that are distributed through events and are never available in-game without activating an event (with the exception being Deoxys).

There is no point in trying to argue against this definition because it's fact as decided by GF and you would have to be incredibly dumb not to realize that this was how it worked all along.
>>
If you went into a thread about Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres and said "they're not legendaries" as if that was somehow a worthwhile contribution, you'd be laughed out.
>>
>>30340524
If the concept takes off they will be included in next games

If fans hate them, they will just slap a wormhole somehwere in a hidden part of the map that you can interact with and gives you a random UB
>>
>>30338776
This is turning into some Digimon bullshit. At least Digimon had godtier character development in the anime tho
>>
>>30342037
>platinum
>>
File: tumblr_og58isPJvd1um81gxo1_250.png (73KB, 248x269px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_og58isPJvd1um81gxo1_250.png
73KB, 248x269px
Is Arceus the God for Ultra Beast too?
>>
>>30344254

They aren't banned though. The only mons in the Alola dex banned are the Cosmog line, Magnera, and Marshadow.
>>
>>30344572
What new Pokémon did Plat add?
>>
>>30344572
He's saying they would have to add new pokemon anon. Not add old Pokémon to he dex like plat did.
>>
>>30342037
Remember how ORAS added new Megas that XY couldn't access?

>>30344746
>>30344759
He's talking about Giratina Origin Forme.
>>
>>30340845
OR some Ultra Beast Deity sent the Arceus Egg through a wormhole into nothingness so it could create the dimension we know.

Hell, Arceus could be a common scrub Ultra Beast whose sole purpose is to make alternate timelines for reasons us mortals could never comprehend
>>
>>30345166
>UBs are forms
>forms are new pokemon
>megas are new pokemon
You could have just said nothing. Now everyone knows how retarded you are.
>>
>>30340340
>my headcanon = fact
Fuck off plebbit. They are legendaries. Stop forcing your dumb fan shit
>>
>>30345279
>I can't connect basic principles that aren't 100% exactly alike

Check this. New models, new stats, and now, Megas are getting Pokedex entries of their own. It's basically like adding a whole new pokemon.
>>
>>30342037
>M-MUH PATTERNS
>in a gen that has broken many patterns
Nice autism, reddit-lover.

There will be more Ultra beasts.

>>30345279
Also, megas are counted as new pokemon. Nice job idiot
>>
>>30338776
I think this 7 mon are it. They will move on to a different thing for gen VIII
>>
>>30345319
>still thinking alternate forms are the same as forms
Good lord.

I bet you thought this was gen 6.5 too didnt you.
I don't think you understand the difference between and entirely new monster and one that has just received a new mode.
>>
>>30345378
I'm just sayin', man. It's not 100% out of the question.
and nah, i'm not one of those 6.5ers
>>
>>30345418
>It's not 100% out of the question.
For starters they've never added new mons without changing the generation even now that we're getting less and less Mon each gen.
Secondly forms are not new pokemon. I have to reiterate that.
>>
File: 1462242228564.png (39KB, 333x269px) Image search: [Google]
1462242228564.png
39KB, 333x269px
>>30338776
>UB aren't legendaries, in fact, in their own dimension they are con-mons
>con-mons strong as the legendaries in the main universe
If the con-mons of the ultra space are that strong, how powerful will be their actual legendaries?
>>
>>30346952
What are the trainers like?
>>
Ultra Beasts are going to be a spinoff series
>>
>>30344325
The rules for legendaries change though. This game introduced legendaries that have evolution lines, before that being single stage Pokémon would have been on your list. Maybe the Ultra Beasts are legendaries, maybe they're not.
>>
>>30345166
Mega evolutions are forms though, not new Pokémon.
>>
At this point, a True Legendary is a Pokemon that can't be used in Battle Facilities, since that's literally their only definition now.
>>
>>30344193
I think Guzzlord is implied to be one of the rarer beasts in the Ultra dimension, while the other 6 beasts are common monsters, and even the Cosmog line is probably more common there.

Not saying Fuzzlord is necessarily a one off legendary in ultra space, but maybe something like a Tyranitar
>>
>>30347511

Wrong. Even shitmons like Articuno are fully considered Legendary.

When will people realize it's just one damn title alongside many others for special Pokemon?

Legendary
Mythical
Ultra Beast
Island Guardian

It's all the same shit.
If you're going to get autistic and insist UBs aren't legendaries, then Mew and Arceus aren't either. Their official category is Mythical.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.