[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Battle Royale is the single most rigged thing I have ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: 1478860391365.png (87KB, 330x367px) Image search: [Google]
1478860391365.png
87KB, 330x367px
The Battle Royale is the single most rigged thing I have ever seen in a Pokemon game.
>>
File: 1417235525963.png (313KB, 466x410px) Image search: [Google]
1417235525963.png
313KB, 466x410px
>lead with Tsareena
>opponents send out Camerupt, Infernape and Meganium
>get destroyed

>Lead with Fairy Silvally
>opponents send out Empoleon, Bisharp and Muk
>get destroyed again

>try again with Fairy Silvally
>some guy leads with Mawile of all things
>it mega evolves, gets a SD and destroys my team

Despite the fact that there are 3 individual players all designed with the expressed purpose of reaming my asshole, I don't think I'd mind the battle royale if I didn't have to worry about 3 different Pokemon hitting me with SE moves. Even if I switch, 2/3 CPUs go right for me and unless it's a dual resist, my other Pokemon goes down. I wish this was just regular singles or something.
>>
File: 1404276217128.jpg (142KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1404276217128.jpg
142KB, 900x900px
FUCKING KILL STEALERS REEEEEE
>>
>>30336810

I .
>>
>>30336487
Don't use pokemon with perfect IV's and smogon tier EV spreads. They send out destroyers of worlds if you do.
>>
File: yourededkiddo.png (308KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
yourededkiddo.png
308KB, 620x620px
>Using a bulky Buzzwole build with Leech Life, Bulk Up, Fell Stinger, Brick Break
>Down to last pokemon, other trainer has two pokemon at low health and one at full
>Buzzwole kills the two at low HP, Beast Boost gives +2 DEF plus I used Bulk Up twice
>Last pokemon is Medicham
>Not worried in the slightest since I have +2ATK, +4 DEF, and Medicham is a physical attacker
>"Medicham used Psychic!"
>OHKO'd since Buzzwole has the special defense of a newborn fawn

There is NO reason to run a special Medicham. It's like it was specifically designed to fuck me.
>>
How do you fight Masked royale?
I already beat master rank and there isn't any new rank unlocked after that.
>>
>>30337411
Play master rank a lot. He showed up after about 2 hours for me.
>>
>>30337461
So he appears on random?
>>
>>30336487
Fucking this. I was scared for the Battle Tree's difficulty being overkill but it's fairly reasonable. They should give The fucking BT Multibattle allies the BR AI though
>>
File: 1472165286511.jpg (31KB, 264x243px) Image search: [Google]
1472165286511.jpg
31KB, 264x243px
>>30336487
>Introduce Battle Royale mid game
>expect it to be fairly reasonable
>AI can use Mega's and Pokemon outside of the Alolan Pokedex within the first and or second rank onward.
What really pissed me off was the level difference after the story battle royal
>>
Here's a set for (You)

Helped me murder my way through the Master Rank many, many times

Alolan Muk @ Black Sludge
Adamant Nature
252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpD
Poison Touch Ability

- Rock Polish
- Minimize
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off

Tried it many times trying to make Masked Royal show up, but to no avail. Never lost a battle. Hope it helps.
>>
>>30337679
THIS. There should've been a rank that you could play right then considering your mons are mid 20s when you find it
>>
>>30336487
The strategy I can get down half the time is lead with Mudsdale, hope that I can either act last and pick someone off with EQ or just Iron Defense.
After Mudsdale is down I sent Mimikyu, if everyone's at full HP just SD as many times as necessary, you can pick people off with Shadow Sneak.

at master rank you can at the very least stay alive and get your 3 BP.
>>
>>30337120
Bullshit. They were doing that anyway, and megas, and shit optimised precisely to lodge itself firmly in my asshole. Breeding and EVing pokemon made it significantly easier to beat Masters.
>>
>>30337679

That was the big issue, really. They introduce you to it early, and then it punishes you for wanting to do it again.

I've actually had more luck with Battle Royale than with Battle Treethough. Battle Royale does require a slightly different outlook, because a *lot* of it is trying to get a sense for what the AI is going to do, and acting accordingly.

1) Bulk is King

If the AI knows it can one-shot you, it will try to one-shot you, and no amount of speed is going to protect you from that. Take Pheromosa for example--in singles, she can easily roll into a sweep, and good luck surviving a hit so you can actually hit back. In Battle Royale, she's going to take out one 'mon and then immediately go down. Too many weaknesses on an otherwise bulky mon are similarly bad--I tried Guzzlord out and almost immediately benched him. He was getting hit by almost everything and his stats didn't matter. I lead with Toxapex now, and while it typically goes down eventually, it lasts long enough that it's had a chance to do its thing and rack up points (Toxic is really good for picking up spare points here and there)

2. You don't need to be *that* fast to be fast enough.

If you're going for the bulk you need, you *probably* aren't going especially fast. The good news is, you don't need to. There's some speedy mons out there, to be sure, but there's also a lot of Tyranitars and Aggrons and the like. It's hard to go first, but even reasonable speed will have you going second. It doesn't quite snipe kills, but it drastically cuts down on how much prediction you need to do.

3. Try not to switch.

In singles, if you switch, that's one free action your opponent gets. In battle royale, that's three attacks to your 0, and that can go wrong fast. If you're switching, you need a really good reason.

4. Stars don't matter if they're dead. I won a match with two stars. Last place? Five stars. But he lost all his 'mons, so that doesn't matter! Think about who you target.
>>
File: 076_01.png (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
076_01.png
23KB, 300x300px
Galvanized Allah Akbar at the right moment nets me 3 points easily.
I sent my stall afterwards, protect a few turn and kill steal with priority when necessary.
>>
>>30338576
>>30338586
It sounds like Mega Scizor would be really good in Battle Royal.
>only one weakness
>bulk out the ass
>okay speed
>priority
>>
>>30338681
Make sure your othem mons don't have fire weakness.
Otherwise the AI's team will be full of fire pokemon or mons that have access to fire moves.
>>
>>30338961
How does Mega Scizor, Alola Akbar, Gyarados/Mantine sound? I'd say Pelipper but it's paper on the Special side.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.