[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did they start saying "die"/"kill" in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0180.jpg (407KB, 1200x765px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0180.jpg
407KB, 1200x765px
When did they start saying "die"/"kill" in the Pokémon games?
>>
SHI NE OPPU!
>>
This game. They didn't even do that in PMD to the ludicrous extent they have here.
>>
There's quite a few references to death and killing in this game. Huge step up from previous entries.
>>
Didn't they when talking about AZ's backstory in XY?
>>
This actually really triggered me guys.

Lavender town was always a thing and every gen had its own version but this time it was taken too far. Literally shaking.
>>
>>30335226
Gen 1
>>
>>30335279
I enjoyed it as well. Fleshes out the lore and makes things seem more realistic and interactive. Ex. the pokedex entry of one of the birds (I think talonflame) that says its favorite foods are pikipek and another pokemon.
>>
>>30335226
Well gen 6 had the poke genocide thing so I guess it started from there.
>>
>>30335261
No, they say "die" in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire when the legendary runs amuck, but also they might say it in X and Y?

I know Lavender Town is a thing, but it escapes me for certain if they actually use the term "die" or "killed"...............they might say "died" maybe?
>>
>>30335226
I don't know if they specifically mentioned those kinds of verbs, but I believe they went out of their way to dance around it when referring to Yveltal or the fuel to power the ancient weapon.

Remember when that guy said he'd send your remains home? Brutal.
>>
>>30335226
This is the first time it's been mentioned this much, in the past it was just lavender town
Really worked well with the theme, though I wish Lusamine had actually died at the end, only reason I can see for her living is if we get a Kanto game where Lillie is actually there
>>
>>30335226
>If you open the Ultra Wormhole, Cosmog will ... Cosmog will [BE SENT TO ANOTHER DIMENSION]
>>
not only did they mention death a lot in these games, but they also mentioned pokemon pooping at least 3 times
>>
>>30335403
>4Kids localizes Sun/Moon
>>
>>30335321
Metapod choose not to move because if they got hurt their insides could spill out
>>
How did they describe the Unova champ's Volcarona death before? Can't remember his name right now.

Other than that and Lavender, they didn't touch the topic that directly like in this game, god bless this gen.

Also, the pokemon that walks by leaving Corsola bits on its trail gets my respects.
>>
>>30335406
Darumaka's droppings are hot, so people used to put them in their clothes to keep themselves warm.
Many farmers cherish and nurture Diglett because its droppings enrich the soil it lives in.
A dangerous Ultra Beast, it appears to be eating constantly, but for some reason its droppings have never been found.
>>
>>30335384
Isn't she brain dead?
>>
File: 1419609069541.jpg (44KB, 410x308px) Image search: [Google]
1419609069541.jpg
44KB, 410x308px
>>30335403
>If you open the Ultra Wormhole, Cosmog will ... Cosmog will [BE SENT TO THE SHADOW REALM]
>>
>>30335384
She didn't die. Just really bad poisoned, hence why Lillie and her is going to Kanto.
>>
File: B3Y8zeU.jpg (126KB, 895x559px) Image search: [Google]
B3Y8zeU.jpg
126KB, 895x559px
>>
>>30335604
Will she lay a nihilego egg?
>>
>>30335226
If you open the Ultra Wormhole, Nebby will...
Nebby will GET IN THE FUCKING BAG, JESUS CHRIST!
>>
File: shadow realm jimbo.jpg (43KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
shadow realm jimbo.jpg
43KB, 480x600px
>>30335403
>>
>>30335226
Pokedex entries have always been pretty dark.

This is the first time they were this blatant about it.
>>
>>30335525
No, in the Post-E4 celebration Lillie says that she's been talking with her and that she even tried to get out of bed to go to the party (for some reason), so she's still functioning to some degree.
>>
>>30335525
>>30335738
>>30335604
post game Wicke says Lillie took Lusamine to Kanto because Bill fused with a pokemon and reversed it, and she (Lillie) wants to ask for his help in curing her mother after the ill effects of being fused with symbiont
>>
>>30335226
>what is Marowak and Team Rocket?
>>
>>30335527
>yugioh 5d
>dark signers or whatever fall into a poorly shopped purple mist instead of falling to their death, hung to death, etc
>>
>>30335226
This generation was the generation of edge disguised in the form of a pretty Hawaii region.
>Team SKULL
>Important Team skull characters dress like total edgelords that look like they cut themselves and listen to shitty rap songs
>Game hammers in the point that Lillie's mom is a bad person who is selfish and refuses to love her own daughter.
>>
>>30335884
they're not emo you idiot.
>>
File: 1476923745445.png (163KB, 573x801px) Image search: [Google]
1476923745445.png
163KB, 573x801px
>>30335884
>mfw Lusamine said she had no children
I was not expecting that at all.
>>
>>30335604
Bill's not a doctor, though
>>
>>30335884
They're wiggers, not emos
And also, I'm not sure since I skipped the dialogue too fast, but I THINK that that the last ace trainer before the battle tree says "Damn" when you beat him
>>
>>30335884

Also and take this with a grain of salt

theres dartrix that is apparently based of emos, is literally called the blade quill pokemon,has a tendency to bungle things and needs its trainer to keep it focused and some people see it becoming a ghost type as it killing itself.
>>
>>30335487

The champ's name is Alder.

From what I remember it was something like "your Pokemon passed away due to illness."
Ghetsis was the one who first brought it up, so imagine the line with as much faux politeness as you can.
>>
>>30335226
Each pokemon from gen 3 onwards has gotten progressively darker
Gen 4: The concept of gods is introduced along with an edgelord trying to reset the universe
Gen 5: The villain kidnaps a child and lies to him about being his father. This villain also straight up tries to kill the protagonist in the sequel.
Gen 6: The plot is centered around a past war that resulted in mass genocide. Introduces the concept of overpopulation into the pokemon universe.
Gen 7: You know the rest
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.