[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the "bad" Pokemon games? Why are some bet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 1480070921489.jpg (804KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1480070921489.jpg
804KB, 1000x1200px
What are the "bad" Pokemon games?
Why are some better or worse than others?
Are there any bad ones since they're all so similar?
http://www.strawpoll.me/11757903
Remember, voting without replying makes Acerola feel bullied
>>
>>30334246
X and Y.
>>
I think all of Gen 6
>>
X and Y
Gold and Silver and to a lesser extent HGSS
>>
>>30334246
Gen 6 was probably the low point. Gen 7 isn't perfect but Sun and Moon are leagues above X and Y.
>>
>>30336096
Gen 7 would be a high point if it were less scripted.
>>
File: 9c0.jpg (43KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
9c0.jpg
43KB, 600x480px
can anybody explain WHY gen 6 was bad?

pls no flame I just don't get the hate
>>
R/B/Y/G/S/C/D/P cover the atrocities in the series, FR/LG and HG/SS weren't all that great either.
>>
>>30336189
It kinda felt like the most bleak interpretation of the collectathon. Everything felt aggressively unplanned and boring. I honestly haven't finished it and I don't care to.
>>
This is a bad Pokemon game.
>>
>>30336189
>Easy difficulty
>Terrible rivals
>Worst villains in the series
>Unmemorable gym leaders since Johto
>Gen 1 Pandering to the extreme
>>
Red and Blue: I love 'em for Nostalgia factor and for what they did for on the GB at the time, but the game has not aged very well. Not bad, but the glitches and how sloppy it is does bring it down.

Yellow: Same as above, although the updated sprites are nice.

Gold and Silver: Great all around, although like the above has not aged well, johto had bad level pacing and Kanto was cut down a bit too much to my liking.

Crystal: Worst re-release in my opinion, feels a bit shallow if you played the above (Granted, the big feature with the phone connectivity being cut outside of Japan didn't help). Not a bad option if you never played either though.

Ruby/Sapphire: First bad games in my opinion, cut out a lot of great features from GSC and didn't have much to do afterwards + looked a bit ugly. A step back.

Emerald: Fixed a lot of issues I had with RS, and is superior to ORAS. Best way to play the Hoenn games in my opinion.

FRLG: Good remakes and added a lot of new content. Also fixed some issues with the Gen 3 engine and style.

Diamond/Pearl: I liked it, I know a lot of people didn't but it felt like they took feedback from RS and fixed a lot of the issues.

Platinum: One of the best re-releases, added a lot of content, added more storyline and lore, and had a great Pokedex.

HGSS: Best Pokemon game hands down. While it still has some weirdness with leveling, the amount of content + bringing everything Platinum did well and fixing Kanto really made me love this game.

Black/White: Not a fan of the region and the gyms were eh, but the new Pokemon were good, having no returning ones was a nice feature that is missed, and the story was interesting. Hated what they did with leveling though, and was a bit easy. Good concept, bad execution.

(Cont)
>>
(cont)

BW2: Hated the main story part, but the actual amount of content afterwards was some of the best in a Pokemon game. I miss hard mode as well. A good game.

X/Y: Loved the online features and megas were interesting, but Kalos was eh, the story was pretty eh, the rival companions were some of the worst characters in the franchise and the game felt rushed. Really needed a second version to flesh it out more.

ORAS: Worst of the remakes. I did like the changes to the storyline and it had some pretty good moments, the cuts from the main games, leaving some of the glaring issues RS had but Emerald Fixed were still in, and recycled XY content made me stop caring in Pokemon for awhile. I would say one of the worst games.

Sun/Moon: Really enjoyed the story and I do feel like they fixed many of the issues XY had, but awkward level issues along with cut content make the endgame kind of bad (Not as bad a XY or ORAS, but not as good as other games).
>>
Diamond and Pearl

I can't imagine anyone but underage people would imagine that X and Y are worse than DP. Platinum fixed everything but those games are a mess.
>>
>>30336629
Everything bad about those games is in X and Y but worse. Diamond and Pearl are bad but over hated.
>>
Gen 6 might not have been good, but the ending battle after E4 made me shed a tear.
>>
ORAS were terrible because it was basically XY with a different tileset. Even that's saying something since ORAS reused a ton of assets like grass and trees which doesn't even make sense since Hoenn is supposed to be a somewhat tropical region and Kalos is... well it's France and has varying climates. Nothing all that tropical though. There's nothing wrong with reusing Pokemon models but reusing other elements just feels lazy as hell. RSE and FRLG felt like distinct games and regions. Same with HGSS and DPP. ORAS and XY though, not so much. Not to mention, they even copy/pasted the Battle Maison. Yeah, Hoenn is so well known for its French sounding trainer classes. GF didn't even bother changing them at all.

ORAS didn't include any elements from Emerald in the same way that HGSS borrowed things from Crystal instead of solely being a remake of GS.

Somehow ORAS was even easier than RS despite RS already being incredibly easy. Even with Exp. Share off, it's a joke.

FRLG and HGSS make the Kanto/Johto look fantastic. ORAS makes Hoenn look kind of ugly in my opinion. Everything is so blocky. Even some of the textures look like they were ripped directly from RS (the mountain textures come to mind). They didn't do a good job of reimagining Hoenn like they did with the past remakes' regions. Compared to Kalos, Hoenn just looks ugly as hell.

Overall, ORAS was just disappointing on so many levels. ORAS feels like an afterthought for GF. They put all of their resources into developing XY and just decided to make ORAS at the last second to make a quick buck. Everything feels half assed and rushed. Even if HGSS isn't your favorite, you have to admit GF put a ton of effort into it. ORAS just feels... soulless.
>>
>>30334246
>What are the "bad" Pokemon games?

ORAS.
>>
>>30336723
At least XY doesn't run like shit and has a very fun online
>>
File: Blocks.jpg (3MB, 1920x1596px) Image search: [Google]
Blocks.jpg
3MB, 1920x1596px
>tfw you've never been more excited for a game than you were for ORAS and you've never hated a game more
It's like the Batman V Superman of video games
>>
>>30336737
Agreed. I think ORAS was a OK foundation, but it felt literally like a Ruby and Sapphire themed ROMhack. Shit like not programming the safari zone in, giving a legendary half way through the game, not including the Emerald gym leader lineups (which it needed badly), the amount of reused content, and no battle frontier or any endgame to speak of really made me hate it.

What sucks about it is I think it could have been a really good game if they actually gave them more time to make it and put more stuff in instead of rushing it out so quickly. You could tell that Sun/Moon benefited from the extra development time (it still had cut content, but I don't think it was as drastic as X/Y or ORAS)
>>
>>30334246
Ruby and Sapphire as well as Diamond and Pearl were pretty bad. Arguably gen I did not age well either
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.