[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of Pokemon villains doing these long transformation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

What's the point of Pokemon villains doing these long transformation sequences to get an "upgrade" that doesn't benefit them at all?

In pic related, you just battle Lysandre and his machine thing throws the Pokeballs for him. You don't actually fight the machine and it doesn't actually help him in battle at all. What was the point of battling him with it?

In Sun and Moon, Lusamine fuses with a Nihilego but just battles you with a team of Pokemon. You don't actually fight this fusion. Her pokemon all have buffed stats, but I think battling the pokemon/ultra beast atrocity would have been a much better and more climatic battle. As it is now, it's like there was no point in the fusion happening in the first place. She could have battled you, fused, and the story would have been the same.

So what do you guys think about this? I guess I'm just ranting. I literally just finished the SM fight I mentioned and was kind of disappointed since it was basically a repeat of XY.
>>
Because it's too violent if pokemon attack an actual human.
>>
But anon, the visors allow him to see why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch
>>
Just to make your opponent look more interesting i guess?
>>
I assumed Lusamine's upgrade was why her Pokemon had totem-like auras
>>
>>30334135
Because it fits in with the lore that the boundless energy in Ultra Space powers up the pokemon that absorb it. Lusamine essentially transformed her team into 5 totem pokemon. It's not as radical or groundbreaking as fighting Lusamine herself, but it still works and is a step forward from previous games.
>>
File: RoboGroudon.png (188KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
RoboGroudon.png
188KB, 640x480px
Never forget
>>
Lysandre's gear was to drain Xerneas/Yveltal's energy and return it to the Ultimate Weapon

>For me, victory is using the ultimate weapon. In order to do that, I need to reclaim the Legendary Pokémon's power and send it to that weapon once again. I'll be taking the Legendary Pokémon back now! This time, I won't lose. I, too, shall use the Mega Ring and Mega Stone that you researched during your travels.

>The original purpose of this device was to bring a Pokémon back to life. But the ancient king transformed it into this ultimate weapon... Hmm. When the Legendary Pokémon awakened, it took back much of its energy--its power--that had been sent to the ultimate weapon. There's not much power left... But there IS enough to use it once...

Did anybody actually pay attention to the dialogue?
>>
>>30334135
Lysandre's Pokemon actually go through a few level ups in the space of a few minutes, so presumably the machine jacked them up or something. Also, I think it was supposed to drain the cover legend's energy if he beat you.
>>
>>30334135
The machine Lysandre used was to allow him to Mega Evolve
>>
>>30334441
None of that dialogue references the gear he wears.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.