[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many SM pokemon will be competitively viable once Bank

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: a38.png (2MB, 2048x3840px) Image search: [Google]
a38.png
2MB, 2048x3840px
How many SM pokemon will be competitively viable once Bank goes live in January?
>>
Depends on the format but

Toxapex is gonna be a stall staple for sure
>>
>>30326637
Lele
>>
>>30326637

Lots of new Pokemon just need some new tutor moves to be viable

This happens every gen, the new Pokemon are missing a few moves that would make them more viable, then the remakes/third versions come out with tutors, and those Pokemon gain those moves
>>
>>30329056
>then the remakes/third versions come
Isn't Pokemon Z awesome?
>>
>>30329208

Gen 6 Pokemon got access to tutors in ORAS, hence why I said remakes/third versions
>>
Toxapex
All the UBs
All the Tapus, although on the fence about Fini
Bewear
Silvally, Decidueye, and Golisopod in RU/UU

Rest are dogshit
>>
>>30329251
>thinking there's going to be a remake this gen
>>
>>30329370
Isn't pokemon stars already confirmed or something?
>>
>>30329397
No. WTF?
>>30329318
>Guzzlord
>Bewear
>Decidueye
>competitively viable
No. WTF?
>>
>>30329484
there's credible rumors of stars, so it's not 100% confirmed but it makes sense and is more likely to happen than not
>>
>>30326637
None of them
All of them become less viable because they don't have moves and are shitmons

There's no point in using Tsareena when Tangrowth is a betterpure grass-type and even Hitmontop and Donphan are better spinners, not to mention smogstar and smogonmole.

Jangmo-o is redundant as a dancer because why use it when Mence, Zard, and Nite exist? Special sets are out classed by Hydreigon and Latios.

I could go on, but really the only ones I can see being OU or BL are the Tapus, some of the UBs like Nihelgeo (Pheremosa will likely be banned), and Toxapex. Bewear will be UU or something.
>>
>>30329484
>Guzzlord
Solid UU, with potential in OU. It's got resttalk and great HP
>Bewear
You must be retarded. Its going to be BL at worst, great ability, bulk, attack, along with decent typing and moves
>Decidueye
This is also surprising, but it could be solid UU with potential in OU. It spinblocks, defogs, pseudo traps, and has access to reliable recovery and a good physical movepool
>>
>>30329535
>there's credible rumors of stars
No there aren't. It's all internet shitters.
>but it makes sense and is more likely to happen than not
Z made sense too.
>>30329549
>being this delusional
Hahaha! Oh wow!
>>
OU even after pokébank:
>Toxapex
>Minior
>Tapus
>UBs
>Magearna
>Alolan Marowak
>>
>>30329484
>your opinions
No. WTF?
>>
>>30329616
>Alolan Marowak
>Shittier Chandelure

Also, why Minior? Its Shell Smash isnt that good
>>
File: 1440832294202.png (312KB, 407x461px)
1440832294202.png
312KB, 407x461px
>>30329318
Why do people say Silvally will be good? What are people seeing that I'm not?
>Mini Arceus
It doesn't have Arceus' bulk to set up with. No priority. No recovery. Plates boost their respective moves and memories don't. Offenses are ass.
>Utility
All it offers in this respect is Parting Shot. Garfield has more speed and more bulk to do this with, and it has a faster Taunt, STAB Foul Play and a flex pick of Switcheroo, Toxic or Fake Out. Eviolite Type:Null can't compete with Porygon2 because it doesn't have Recover.
>Normal Physical Attacker
It's shit. Physically inferior to Cinccino and Staraptor and slower than both. Less bulky than Snorlax and Bewear.
>Special Attacker
I can maybe see this since it's marginally faster than Porygon-Z but Porygon-Z has leaps and bounds more offensive prowess, so it's not even worth it. Not to mention all the non-Normal types that you'd be inclined to use instead.
>>
>>30329318
I'm pretty sure Fini will be fine since she's literally everything Primarina wanted to be and more

Great defensive typing
Great defensive stats
Actual decent fucking speed
Access to Aqua Ring
>>
>>30329704
The way I see it, it's the Genesect of lower tiers. It will wreck shit in NU and RU, but once in UU or above it will be a sitting duck.
>>
>>30329616
A-Marowak will be UU or RU at best.
>But it's a UB killer!
Ok, sure. I'll give you that. It has advantages on Pheremosa, Xurkitree and Paper-mon and Giant-flying-christmas-tree mon, whose names escape me.

But Primeape didn't see any use at all un Ubers even though it countered Darkrai, because that's all it could do. Rhyperior checked Bravestbirb but it didn't rise to OU, or even to UU.

Tyranitar hard counters Latios and it's OU. Why? Because it's good even on other pokemon that aren't Latios and it isn't dead weight if the opposing trainer happens to forgo using a Latios on his team
>>
File: ditto.png (41KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
ditto.png
41KB, 250x250px
Can anyone spare a shiny 6IV ditto?
IGN: Kenny
Deposited a Lvl 59 Bewear.
thanks anon.
>>
>>30329925
Kill yourself kenny.
>>
>>30330112
rude
>>
Oranguru is a monster in doubles paired with mega kengiskhan spamming earthquake, fur coat alolan persian is really good too and a bunch of these niggas could really thrive on trick room teams. Alolan marowak is a beast on trick room teams. Also worth looking at is drizzle pelipper over politoed with tailwind could give some insane speed for swift swimmers.
>>
>>30330722
Parental Bond doesn't work with Earthquake, at least try your theoryshit before you brag about it to /vp/.
>>
>>30330722
>/vp/:The Post
Fucking wrong information and Trick Room Trick Room Trick Room Trick Room Trick Room
Shut up.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.