[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>20th anniversary >games are made >reference Kanto a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: 1478542142079.png (112KB, 283x212px) Image search: [Google]
1478542142079.png
112KB, 283x212px
>20th anniversary
>games are made
>reference Kanto a lot because they're the first games
I don't see what's wrong with it.
>>
>>30325033
>20th anniversary games
>can't go back to Kanto
>>
>>30325033
>Make an all new generation
>Minimal pokemon once again
>Clutter it with gen one references
>Remove features that make the game less enjoyable
>Jam it with cutscenes
>BATTLE LEGENDS RED AND BLUE LOL SO EPIC
>Copy-paste battle Maison into a tree instead of an actual Maison
>Scrap mega evolutions and make some stones unavailable
>Deny pokebank accessibility until January
>Make new pokemon incredibly hard to find
>Introduce shit fishing mechanism
>The story is about Lillie and not you

Thats what's wrong.
>>
>>30325187
The fishing is better than it used to be you braindead autist with an IQ of negative 3 who sucks on his mom's nipples all day instead of becoming a functioning member of society because you were dropped on your head as a child on purpose because your mother thought you were so ugly and the doctor agreed so he let her do it because they both understood that with a face like that no one could ever love you.
>>
>>30325256
I might have been dropped as a child, but you were thrown at a fucking wall.
>>
File: CNmz2UpU8AANQbo.jpg (19KB, 505x431px) Image search: [Google]
CNmz2UpU8AANQbo.jpg
19KB, 505x431px
>>30325256
>water splashing
>throw line
>nothing seems to be biting
>better
>>
>>30325187

>story is about Lillie and not you

Of course it is. There's an actual narrative for the first time, you can't center a story around a character that basically doesn't exist.
>>
>>30325412
The fishing is STILL better than it used to be you braindead autist with an IQ of negative 3 who sucks on his mom's nipples all day instead of becoming a functioning member of society because you were dropped on your head as a child on purpose because your mother thought you were so ugly and the doctor agreed so he let her do it because they both understood that with a face like that no one could ever love you.
>>
>>30325256
>The fishing is better than it used to be
>can only fish in rocks
>no chain fishing for shinies
>not even some random fisherman to measure your magikarps and give rewards
>ripples only appear at some
>and they go away if you get too close
And we thought Gen 5 was bad with only one rod available, and post-game at that.
>>
>>30325466
The ripples only fade if you run towards them. SM fucked up a lot of fishing shit from previous gens, but as somebody that's done fishing IRL I actually liked that touch.
>>
File: 20161128_162728.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161128_162728.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>30325462
>Forced Comedy
>>
File: 1480365580813.png (259KB, 900x819px) Image search: [Google]
1480365580813.png
259KB, 900x819px
>>30325462
>can't fish anywhere you want
>can't fish on Lapras
>STILL better
>>
>>30325519
Stop shitposting and get a life you braindead autist with an IQ of negative 3 who sucks on his mom's nipples all day instead of becoming a functioning member of society because you were dropped on your head as a child on purpose because your mother thought you were so ugly and the doctor agreed so he let her do it because they both understood that with a face like that no one could ever love you.
>>
>>30325187
>>>Clutter it with gen one references

Who cares? All the games pay homage to the first in some small way.
>>
>>30325545
>Can't fish on Lapras
Okay ignoring the autist spamming his copypasta trying way too hard to be funny, I do all of my fishing on Lapras, what game have you been playing?
>>
>>30325507
Yeah, but I needed an extra point to reinforce how stupid anon is.
>>
>>30325187
I found more Sinnoh references than Kanto references. And believe me, I did find a bunch of Kanto references.

It's still hard to compete with "second half of the story is literally Platinum's climax".
>>
>>30325033
because gen 6 shilled all over gen 1 as well
it's time for a change of pace, christ
>>
Name ONE (1) game that didn't genwun pander.
>>
>>30325466

>>no chain fishing for shinies

S.O.S. works for fishing battles too. It's even better because the chain won't break and you don't need to keep fishing
>>
>>30325581
Damn, ya caught me. All shit aside, I don't like how they just kept it at designated spots, unless I'm missing something.
>>
>>30325033
There's notthing wrong with referencing Kanto, but the anniversary should reference more than just the beginning, it should reference all of it.

This is a problem with not just SM, but the entire 20th anniversary. The franchise has had more than just Kanto and Alola.
>>
>>30325694
Black and White
>>
>>30325694
Pokemon Ranger
>>30325746
>Charizard Bridge
>>
>>30325694
Hoenn.
>>
>>30325769
>referencing ONE Pokemon
>pandering
>ok maybe two because there's probably a pikachu somewhere
>pandering
>>
>>30325187
>The story is about Lillie and not you
And that's bad how? The first time the games pulled off an actual arc for a character. There is no need for the story to be about your developement. Your character is a blank slate. You know who you are. The game told us who Lillie is and albeit it was simple, it was not badly written.

Complaining about the cutscenes and dialogue is something I understand though. I enjoyed the story lot, but they should've made it skipable to appease everyone.
>>
The problem is that Gen 6 also had tons of shoehorned Kanto pandering. You think SM was bad?

>Scripted Pidgey first encounter
>Santalune Forest is literally a copypasted Viridian Forest
>"Pikachu!"
>League is right next to the first gym
>Kanto starters
>Mega evos for Kanto starters (but not the actual Kalos ones)
>TWO mega evos for Charizard
>Snorlax roadblock and pokeflute
>Team Flare's first encounter is between the first a second gym poaching fossils (which has absolutely nothing to do with the team's actual plan or typical activities)
>Lysandre Labs is a repeat of Rocket Hideout with the spin tiles and elevator key
>No native lesser legendaries, only the Birds
>Mewtwo is inexplicably present with no explanation at all in a dollar store version of Cerulean Cave
>It also has two mega evos

And there there's how Gen 5 tried to be Kanto 2.0 with its own takes on Gen 1 concepts and Pokemon like Golem/Gigalith, Chansey/Audino, Mewtwo/Genesect, etc.

WE HAVE SPENT THE LAST THREE FUCKING GENERATIONS REFERENCING KANTO.
ENOUGH ALREADY.
>>
>>30325033
But it being the 20th anniversary should mean it makes references to all past gens, it's unfair that Kanto gets the most attention.
>>
>>30325033
>Being retarded enough to not realize that Kanto isn't the only Pokemon region and that Gen. 1 is not the entire Pokemon series.
>>
>>30325979
I take it you've never played YGO, then?
Nostalgia will always sell hard because it's insanely marketable to people that grew up on the original stuff and now have jobs and disposable income with which to buy tons of games. Is it shit? Yeah. Does it matter? Not really. Is it worth getting mad about? Not especially.

The only difference is that kids still buy Pokemon worldwide, while YGO can't sell a structure deck to a 10-year-old to save its life outside of Asia.

Just buy the new games for the updated movesets and new mechanical toys. Who cares if Gen I will always be pandered to?
>>
>>30325979
I can give them the "Pikachu!" thing, it's "Pikachu" in every single language and always has been.

And the gen 5 thing did the same vague concepts but otherwise really had no reference to Kanto. It isn't gen 1 pandering if you don't actually see any gen 1 pokemon. Until 5, 1 was the only standalone pokedex. It didn't have any previous gens to borrow pokemon from. Gamefreak specifically wanted gen 5 to be a fresh start. What better way to make a solid dex than to base the patterns off the only existing standalone dex?

Also did no one else see the Nugget Bridge in that one park?
It plays out literally word for word, pokemon for pokemon as the original in Kanto, save for levels, and the guy at the end asks you to join Team Rocket.
He then says he's kidding, TR has been gone for ages, and they were reenacting the Nugget Bridge thing from Kanto.
>>
>>30326317
Team Rocket Reenactments are the Pokemon World version of War Reenactments
>>
>>30325790
Why was this ignored?
>>
>>30325746
Black and White was practically a blatant ripoff of gen 1 as far as pokemon goes, so many of them are just redesigns.
>>
>>30325033
It's because XY did the exact same thing. People are just annoyed that two generations in a row did it. If XY didn't have Kanto pandering and SM did, people would take less issue with it since, like you said, it's the 20th anniversary, but it's just a bit stale because XY did it.
>>
>>30326666
Because Super Satan, people prefer to argue with each other.
>>
>>30325187
>Copy-paste battle Maison into a tree instead of an actual Maison

Making the Battle Tree was actually more original than copypasting the Maison. I mean, the Tower/Subway/Maison/Tree all fucking suck and we need another Frontier, but anything is better than copypasting the Maison directly. If ORAS actually remade the Tower from RS aesthetically instead of planting literally the Maison there, things would have stung slightly less.

Also, you forgot to mention they removed Triple/Rotation/Horde battles.
>>
>>30325711
I think they made it only at designated spots because of each individual patch of grass getting its own unique encounter table. Making designated spots allows them to give unique encounter tables to each rock instead of having the entire body of water have the same table or splitting it up between unmarked sections of the water (which would have been infuriating to figure out where they are if one section had a special encounter you could only get there).

But then, Surf encounters still use just one body of water so maybe I'm full of shit.
>>
>>30325256

Yeah, no, fuck off with your sassy insults, fishing's still shit.
>>
File: 1477132183561.jpg (18KB, 210x257px)
1477132183561.jpg
18KB, 210x257px
>>30325694
Gen 3 and 5
>>
>>30326317
>When you ran so much out of ideas of what to do for post-game, you take ideas from games that are twenty years old now and copy paste them word for word

Nice anniversary, Game Freak.

By the way, nice post-game.

A shittier Maison and legendary-UB dex filling even a ape could do due to how barely you even get to explore.
>>
File: 1363327702046.jpg (7KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
1363327702046.jpg
7KB, 253x199px
>>30328045
>Gen 3 and 5
Not surprisingly both were shit
>>
>>30328122
"no"
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.