[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone ever figure out what all those empty plots of land

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

Did anyone ever figure out what all those empty plots of land are? Because they're all over the place and they all look almost exactly the same. There's even one in the middle of nowhere on Route 15.
>>
>>30322256
They're plots of land for the eventual gyms. There's just so much that nods towards a new game.

>Plots of land in nearly every city.
>Pokemon League still under construction, tools everywhere. Will be in its final, "perfect" state in the next game.
>Acerola pondering her place in the E4. "I like both being a Captain and being in the E4! I wonder which one I should pick..." or something.
>Kahili's insistence to become the best. Probably gonna be the champion in the next game, maybe the protag mysteriously ventures off and gives her the title even.
>Necrozma's design nodding towards a secondary form, and its boring encounter method akin to the standard approach of finding Giratina in DP before Pt.
>Reformation of Aether Foundation, under the supervision of Gladion. Room for growth from Gladion, Wicke, Faba, Looker & Nanu as characters.
>Trial Captains without any trials, like that one Fairy chick. Maybe something with Guzma as Bug, or new characters for Flying, Psychic, Ice, etc.

Of course, half of those aren't direct nods towards a sequel, but it's just too good for GF to pass up. To this day, I don't understand what gave people the idea that we'd get a Pokemon Z. It would've been neat, but the signs weren't ever this obvious, were they? We definitely have to be getting another Alola-based game this gen.
>>
Presumably some kind of scrapped mechanic.
>>
>>30322451
>gyms

yeah no

The thing about alola is that they use trials instead of gyms, the region would lose its originality by building gyms
>>
>>30322527
There are eight plots of land, though.
>>
>>30322607
source?
>>
File: KaHauna.jpg (157KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
KaHauna.jpg
157KB, 500x707px
>>30322527
Fair enough, but at the same time we've gotta stop pretending that these are much different than gyms. Maybe the Captains will get their own land/areas of operation similar to a gym?

As >>30322607 said, I think there's just about 8. We might be seeing a slow takeover of the old formula, as Alola slowly adapts to the battling culture of other regions (maybe keeping some unique stuff like Kahunas, Battle Royal, new daycare system, etc.).

One other thing I forgot...

>Mele Mele Kahuna getting a bit old, maybe he dies or retires, and Hau becomes the Kahuna that he was so fired up to beat long ago?
>>
>>30322256
>Did anyone ever figure out what all those empty plots of land are
Most Pokemon games have empty plots of land. This shit goes back to Gen 1.
>>
>>30322921
THEy HAVE 8 OBVIOUSLY IMPORTANT EMPTY PLOTS OFTEN WITH CONSTRUCTION SUPPLIES IN THEM ?
>>
>>30322967
SOURCE???
>>
>>30322967
Yeah? It's Game Freak. They throw out loads of stuff that would be meaningful in any other game and then never do anything with it. Is this your first Pokemon game or what?

Even the empty plots in Gen 1 had Pokemon "working" on them with a guy saying they're working on building something. Nothing was ever done with that just like nothing will be done with these. It's just there for flavor, to make the game more like the real world I guess.
>>
>>30323041

Source: the actual fucking game.
>>
>>30323087
I dunno, I don't normally buy into conspiracy theories/baseless speculation/etc., but eight large empty plots in cities, in a game that conspicuously lacks gyms... it's not just "flavor." Maybe it'll pay off in DLC, maybe it'll be a third version, maybe it'll be never, but there's no way this wasn't meant to get us thinking about gyms.
>>
>>30323157
>Maybe it'll pay off in DLC, maybe it'll be a third version
I remember when I used to have thoughts like that about Pokemon games. You'll learn.
>>
I would like that the next game, if it is a sequel, uses our SM data to gen the champion (otherwise default data)
>>
>>30323190
I guarantee I've been playing Pokémon games at least as long as you, so no need for the condescension.

And you ignored the "maybe never" part of my comment. Believe me, I know that it may never happen. We've been fooled before. But whether this is meant to evoke expectations of gyms and whether those expectations actually pay off are two separate questions.
>>
>>30323087
Lol this.
Remember in ORAS where they had the Battle Frontier model?
"OMG They're making the battle frontier!"
Nope.jpg You should never get your hopes up with GameFreak.
>>
>>30323319
Yeah that was the most egregious one yet. After that I really can't bring myself to buy into any, "OMG what if this is foreshadowing for the next games?????" theories that pop up from time to time.
>>
File: 1480121136968.jpg (48KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480121136968.jpg
48KB, 720x720px
>>30323087
>Comparing one running joke in Vermillion to 8 identical plots of land across every major city
>>
>>30322451
I would love if this happened. There are all kinds of hints thrown around the game for a sequel. The plots of land, the character growth, organization reformations, construction of the E4 with Alola trying to be recognized by the rest of the world. I would really like to see a sequel that implements both gyms and trials to be honest.

...but, >>30323087 and >>30323319 are absolutely right. Never get your hopes up with Gamefreak.
>>
>>30323509
Another way to phrase that would be I'm comparing one thing that literally said, "This is going to be built here," to 8 unmarked plots of land.

If the one that said something is literally being built didn't happen why do you think 8 random plots of land will develop into anything?
>>
Its a nod that the empty plot in kanto will be fully built in the remake with something important.
>>
File: 1474145711942.jpg (15KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1474145711942.jpg
15KB, 259x194px
>>30322451
>GF gives us a half-baked game and expects you to by the sequel when Alola actually has some content
>>
>>30323584
Because this isn't 1996 and a third version was actually being planned from the beginning of development.
You're honestly really stupid if you can't see the signifigance of these construction sites.
>>
Probably some unused concept like the golf course
>Huge spot on the map
>No way to access it
>It's even textured
>Elite Four made up of Trial Captains
>Only one out of place is Kahili
>She's in golfing attire
>a trial on the golf course would bring the number of trials up to 8
>8 would match the series staple of 8 gyms
>>
>>30323737
It's not like this is only a Gen 1 thing man. Things like this are in literally every single game. Nothing is ever developed or done with them.

I can only hope in time you'll see what a retard you are.
>>
>>30323737
>You're honestly really stupid if you can't see the signifigance of these construction sites
Just like the huge powerplant
Just like Southern Kalos
Just like all the hints about Volcanion in Luminos city
Just like every other stupid little thing in gen 6 hinting towards something big

I sure can't wait for Pokemon Z when all of this stuff is revealed!
>>
>>30322527
You can still have fetch quests that you have to complete before you can enter the gyms m8.
>>
>>30323810
There are building-sized plots of land in every city in every other Pokemon game? Huh, I must have forgotten. Wait, no i didn't, you're just a numbnuts that can't identify an obvious pattern.

>>30323862
Luckily Gen 7 isn't going to be cut short to make room for the 20th anniversary like Gen 6 was.
>>
>>30323654
I loved Sun and Moon, but real talk... if there's a sequel, and all of this is being set up for it, there's effectively NO reason to buy SM. It'd effectively be an inferior game. Though, I guess there's the incentive of having more time to breed/prep competitively.

>>30322451
>>30322733
One last thing I forgot. Then I'm done, sorry.

>Fossil Restoration center guy says that he wants to eventually create a fucking Jurassic Park basically. Again, TONS of construction equipment, tiny-ass place where he lives in a trailer.

I try not to get my hopes up, but this shit just screams sequel. >>30323319 is an excellent contention, however.
>>
>>30324057
>you're just a numbnuts that can't identify an obvious pattern.
The obvious pattern I see is Game Freak can't plan for shit and always includes tons of crap in their games that they never do anything with.
>>
>>30322256
>I loved Sun and Moon, but real talk... if there's a sequel, and all of this is being set up for it, there's effectively NO reason to buy SM. It'd effectively be an inferior game.
Just like Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, and B2/W2.
>>
>>30324175
Meant to reply
>>30324094
>>
>>30324057
>There are building-sized plots of land in every city
That's not saying much at all. The majority of places in Alola are towns/villages and there's no plots in those.
>>
>>30324175
>>30324226
Yeahhh... I guess it's just further proof we'll likely get a sequel. Can't say the story of SM merits a buy if we DO get the sequel though.
>>
>>30324175
That's only true for BW2, as BW was awful, you could argue about Plat too, but DP are solid even with their cons.
>>
>>30324057
>an obvious pattern.
In order to believe in this "obvious" pattern you have to ignore another pattern of GF not following through on the stuff like this they include in their games.
>>
>>30322451
>no more trials
Now I'm sad.
>>
>>30324057
>Luckily Gen 7 isn't going to be cut short to make room for the 20th anniversary like Gen 6 was.
I really hope that was the case, because I can't for the life of me fathom why so much shit was left up in the air at the end of X/Y. There were SO many things that pointed to a sequel in Gen 6 and we didn't see ANY of it fleshed out. Not to mention X/Y were the only Pokemon games to NOT get a sequel/special edition.

I loved Sun/Moon, but again, GF left a lot of things in the air to hint at a possible sequel. I'm banking on Pokemon Stars for Switch...but I'm not getting my hopes up because GameFreak.
>>
B2W2 was a surprise. Alola is way too obviously set up for a sequel and I can only hope it adds even more game sync support than Gen 5 did, especially bringing back difficulty modes.
>>
>>30324094
>there's effectively NO reason to buy SM
I expect Stars to be as different as Black and White was to Black and White 2.

I'll be disappointed otherwise
>>
>>30324770
>That's only true for BW2, as BW was awful, you could argue about Plat too, but DP are solid even with their cons.
Umm, no. Pretty much ever sequel built upon and improved the original game's formula.

>Yellow gave us a better story, better sprites a means to get all 3 starters (a big deal at the time) and the ability to talk to Pikachu.
>Crystal gave us an infinitely better story
>Emerald gave us a better story, and the fucking Battle Frontier
>Platinum gave us a better story and better battle facility

B2/W2 are the only legit sequels that pick up where the original story left off. I also think B/W are better than B2/W2, but that's probably just personal preference.
>>
>>30325343
Fingers crossed!

Also, out of curiosity, when did we coin it "Stars?" What pushed that instead of "Eclipse" or something else?
>>
>>30324770
>BW was awful
Source?
>>
>>30325476
stars is the codename. it doesn't mean it will be one game. my bets are on sequel versions to SM.

after all, X and Y were "Rainbow".
bets are also on Solar Eclipse and Lunar Eclipse or Radiant Sun and Full Moon
>>
>>30323654
le teeth girl
>>
>>30322527
The thing about Unova is that all its Pokemon are native, the region would lose its originality by including Pokemon from other regions.
>>
>>30326852
>Unova
>all its Pokemon are native

You better not imply unova pokemon are original because almost all of them are FUCKING COPIES
>>
>>30325476
>when did we coin it "Stars?"
Nintendo said that's what it was going to be.
>>30326440
>stars is the codename
No one has said that at all. All the information I've read about it has said that, 'it will be called Stars.'
So my assumption is that we'd get Pokemon, Sun, Moon, and Stars.
>>
>>30329003
suns a star, bitch
>>
>>30329093
Not in the classical sense, no. The heavenly bodies are the sun, then moon, and the stars.
>>
File: Typho.png (22KB, 219x219px) Image search: [Google]
Typho.png
22KB, 219x219px
>>30329093
>Sun is a star
>What is Moon
Eclipse makes more sense because it involves the Sun and Moon. Stars only includes Sun, which makes little sense based on past games. Hell, Sun 2 and Moon 2 makes more sense than Eclipse because both have their differences and changes what the ending of the base game would be.
>>
>T-They'll just patch in more content guys!
>Battle Frontier will be DLC guys!
>Wait for Z guys!
>They will fix everything and add more in Stars guys!

It's amazing how you people never learn.

If it happens? Super cool, wonderful. But considering Gamefreak's track record? I'm not expecting anything because even without expecting anything I still become disappointed.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, fool me thrice, fucking kill me already because I clearly don't have enough brains to live in this world.
>>
>>30322451
Honestly the whole thing with Z moves and the Zygarde pieces scattered around seemed to be part of a "first" version of the game. Then they had enough new shit and characters they just made a full new game. There's no point in calling them "Z" moves either, especially for a region that has no idea about Zygarde or wouldn't have any of the same naming conventions Kalos had (like "Charizardite Y", etc). They could have just called them Ultra Moves or some shit.
>>
>>30325343
>I expect stars
>stars
>Implying
>>
>>30322527
>alola joined the Pokemon league towards the end of the game
>alola formed the elite 4
Sure there's 8 plots, but keep in mind they did add the fairy type last gen, so who's to say they won't add extra gyms? Therefore making the game (hopefully) a bit more challenging then S&M.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.