[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Battle spot single battle >Random japs with 1700+ rating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 1480132981185.png (116KB, 500x464px) Image search: [Google]
1480132981185.png
116KB, 500x464px
>Battle spot single battle
>Random japs with 1700+ rating
>Mine barely past 1600
>Down to my last mon with Togedemaru
>The opponent still has 2 mons, Tapu koko and Goliosopod which are still in full health
>Keko can't do shit against my buddy that it decide to bail using volt switch
>I predict this switch and nuzzle the fuck out of its Goliosopod
>Use wish next turn and he uses liquidation
>Only manage to drop my buddy to about 3/5 of hp
>Use encore next turn
>Opponent disconnect
Do people hate stall that much? Why is it often considered no skill? Isn't making your opponent lose their calm part of every PvP strategy out there?
I'm just running it with my bro. I got about 30+ points from beating him. I feel kinda sorry for him.
>>
People mainly hate stall that they can't fight against. From experience, fighting a prankster whimsicott was horrible because I had no counter to it.
But that other guy just got mad because you predicted him. There's a difference between fighting a battle you were never going to win and getting outplayed by a prediction.
>>
>>30311154
>single battles
Lol loser
>>
ganbattane?gaijin-kun
>>
File: 1478869640628.png (104KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
1478869640628.png
104KB, 500x330px
>>30311154
>playing 3v3 singles
>>
>>30311154
Nigger
>>
>>30311626
>3v3 singles
FTFY
>>
Kids can't deal with anything but hyper offense, flinging high power moves at each other until one person loses.
>>
Is the only way of playing 6v6 singles on cartridge by spamming passersby with requests?

Or what happened with custom tournaments? Not enabled yet?
>>
>>30311154
People hate, what they cant beat. I always go full stall and i want my opponent to suffer.
I dont play to win, i play to decrease my opponents fun.

Fuck the haters!
>>
>>30313902
I do that in every online game. I have to makes sure no one has fun but me.
>>
File: 1394886169401.png (261KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1394886169401.png
261KB, 500x500px
>>30311154
>>
>>30313896
Just find games on forums. Smogon used to run cartridge tournaments back in the Shoddy Battle/Pokemon Online days when simulators were shit.
>>
File: 1480287670204.jpg (10KB, 406x480px) Image search: [Google]
1480287670204.jpg
10KB, 406x480px
Stall is "fun" to use, fun being if you like winning, or you're so autistic that you love the feeling of "outplaying" your opponent by stacking numbers until fights are a boring standstill to see who runs out of numbers first.

For the opponent, stall is the definition of anti-fun. If you don't have the right tools, you have to sit and slog through not only your opponent giggle to themselves while they stack numbers, but lengthy attack animations that make the game play even slower.

Effective, but very obnoxious. Very obnoxious to fight if you're trying to have a quick battle before you do something else.

Fuck stall. I'll use it on one or two things, but that doesn't mean I'm oblivious to it being ass to fight.
>>
Honestly OP, I don't know how The situation you described would be considered stall. The problem with Stall often times is that, as the name for the strategy implies, is that you're not aiming to actually progress the match, you're just keeping your guys alive until the opponent quits out of frustration.
>>
File: 1428501628950.png (67KB, 1169x712px) Image search: [Google]
1428501628950.png
67KB, 1169x712px
>>
>>30311588
>There's a difference between fighting a battle you were never going to win and getting outplayed by a prediction
fpbp
>>
>>30315690
That doesn't sound like very good stall.

Offensive threats have been good enough since Gen 5 that it's not viable to just totally brickwall every threat anymore (and, despite popular opinion, Smogonbabies hate stall and immediately banned shit when that Mega Sableye/Goth/Shedinja stall team was playable).

Nowadays stall has to have some kind of offensive threat (luckily we got perfect wife Celesteela). You can't expect to SkarmBliss wall shit like Pheromosa, Aegislash, and Genesect, you'll lose 75% of your games.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.