[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHY ISN'T THIS THING STEEL TYPE?! IT MAKES NO SENSE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10

File: 250px-781Dhelmise.png (56KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-781Dhelmise.png
56KB, 250x250px
WHY ISN'T THIS THING STEEL TYPE?! IT MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL! REEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>30307871

Because Dhelmise is the seaweed, not the anchor.
>>
Sure but they at least lampshade it a bit with its ability.
>>
Because the anchor is rusted so it's "dead"
>>
>>30307892
Same could be said about Wormadam.
>>
Only Game Freak would introduce two Grass/Ghost Pokemon with a signature trapping move and a hazard removing move in the same generation.
>>
File: Untitled.png (243KB, 927x688px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
243KB, 927x688px
inb4 someone complains about the 10% catch rate
>>
>>30307871
Its the seaweed as the other poster said.

Also its ability gives it a pseudo-STAB in an attempt to make a pokemon that sort of has 3 types, although funnily enough you could make arguments for it being any combination of Steel, Grass, Water, and Ghost
>>
I could care less. All I will say is him and the version exclusive apes are one of the best Pokemon to trade on the GTS at the moment.
>>
File: carls remorse.png (82KB, 240x244px) Image search: [Google]
carls remorse.png
82KB, 240x244px
>>30307892
stop sayin that, stop sayin that right now
or so help me i will shove my 1982 San Francisco 49er's superbowl ring into your eye socket
and pull out your brain matter and eat it like some sort Norse viking Gad
>>
>>30307871
They wanted the weaknesses of a Ghost/Grass Pokemon, not the resistances of a Ghost/Steel type.

So they gave it an ability that effectively gives it 3 stab types
>>
File: 1438317183953.jpg (8KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1438317183953.jpg
8KB, 320x240px
>>30307871
steel can't rust there fore this isn't a steel typing
>>
Dhelmise being steel type makes as much sense as Gurrdurr being steel type, Conkeldurr being rock type, or Farfetchd being grass type.
>>
>>30307935
Encounter rate, you mean.
>>
>>30307921
No its dex entry outright says that.
>>
>>30308032
>Implying the Conkeldurr line shouldn't have been Fighting/Grass, Fighting/Steel, Fighting/Rock, or have been given abilities similar to Steelworker for each corresponding construction material
>>
Originally assumed this thing was Water/Steel, then Acerola sent one out and I figured it was Water/Ghost, used Thunderbolt on it and got confused when it wasn't very effective...at the same time I saw a thread on here talking about Acerola's team and I notice it's Ghost/Grass. Really threw me for a loop.
>>
>>30307949
Should have been Rustworker so it gets water and steel STAB-

>only gets whirlpool and surf
>no Liquidation

n-nevermind
>>
>>30308034
Yes and the gameplay outright depicts Wormadam's coat as not being part of its body, yet it still gets the typings.
>>
>>30308747
>When Burmy evolved, its cloak became a part of this Pokémon's body. The cloak is never shed.
>>
>>30307871
From Sun entry:
>Swinging its massive anchor, it can KO Wailord in a single blow.

>252+ Atk Choice Band Steelworker Dhelmise Anchor Shot vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Wailord with 0 Defense IVs on a critical hit: 450-531 (93.5 - 110.3%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

Well, at least the pokedex finally got something right...
>>
>>30309357
Wailord looks like a blimp in that pic
>>
>>30309809
wow rude
>>
>>30307871
B-but it kinda is
>>
I fully expected an ability that gave a third stab eventually, but I certainly didn't expect it to be steel and to come from seaweed holding an anchor

That's great though, I love Dhelmise.
>>
File: 781.png (13KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
781.png
13KB, 120x120px
>>30307871
>Your dhelmise has been acting strangely recently. You talk with her one evening, to figure out what is wrong.
>You accidentally brush against her slightly, and she slides away from you.
>You ask her what is wrong.
>Her wheel begins to spin slowly. After a minute, it picks up speed as she abruptly stammers out:
>"Anon...I...love you."
>Her wheel slumps forward, as if in shame at what she just said.
>"But...I'm just an anchor. You probably think I'm rusty, and salty, and-"
>"I don't mind at all. As a matter of fact, I really like pokemon like you"
>She looks up, in surprise.
>"Anon..."
>She spins her wheel around in glee, and eagerly pushes her "body" against you. Her anchor feels much warmer than usual, as if she is "blushing."
>"Please, be my captain..."
>A few strands of seaweed wrap around your waist and torso, and pull you tightly against her, the salty moisture from her body rubbing off on your chest.
>You begin to run your tongue up her shank.
>Her seaweed contracts slightly, and her anchor vibrates a bit.
>Continuing on, you reach up, and start stroking her wheel spokes
>She lets out a loud groan, shuddering with pleasure.
>"Those are..sensitive. Be..gentle."
>You continue licking her anchor, flicking the tips with your tongue occasionally, whilst rubbing her spokes
>You reach up to her handles, and twist your hands over them, as if polishing them. She takes fondly to this, shaking at the intensity, and begging for more.
>Orgasmic bliss soon overtakes her, and you are rendered immobile as she clenches around you, wanting to feel your fleshy warmth against her body as she climaxes.
>Her anchor thrashes around violently, and you barely manage to hold onto her. After what seems like an eternity, she starts to come down.
>Exhausted, she loosens around you, and falls back onto the bed.
>You lie down next to her, and pull yourself against her shank.
>"Anon...thanks for being my captain."
>You chuckle at the cheesy line, and fall asleep next to her.
>>
File: crying at computer wow.gif (2MB, 325x183px) Image search: [Google]
crying at computer wow.gif
2MB, 325x183px
>>30310546
>>
>>30310546
delete this immediately
Dhelmise is not for sexual
>>
>>30310546
Dhelmise is genderless.
>>
>>30307871
okay. Why do (you) think it doesn't make sense?
>>
>>30310683
Gender Unknown, anon.
>>
File: HNI_0013.jpg (132KB, 901x669px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0013.jpg
132KB, 901x669px
>>30310546
Give me a moment as I contemplate what in name of fuck did I just read.
>>
>>30307871
>Has three types
>steel the offensive type
>grass defensive
>>
>>30307921
Okay tough guy, why isn't farfetch'd part grass? He's holding a leek.
>>
File: 1480055013015.jpg (86KB, 559x938px) Image search: [Google]
1480055013015.jpg
86KB, 559x938px
>>30310716
Dhelmise is just a fucking anchor
>>
>>30310546
>dhelmise is even a better waifu than decidueye
Will owlfags ever recover?
>>
>>30310750
>a fucking anchor
>an anchor specifically for fucking
Yep.
>>
File: OhhhhRayquaza.png (49KB, 135x133px) Image search: [Google]
OhhhhRayquaza.png
49KB, 135x133px
>>30310546
I...i like this
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.