[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I send out a level 1 mon against a high level mon, and then

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1477324004280.png (32KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1477324004280.png
32KB, 400x240px
If I send out a level 1 mon against a high level mon, and then immediately switch him out for my own high level mon to kill it, does the level 1 get EVs for every level up?
>>
No, EVs are per kill, not per level up.
>>
>>30307259
That's not how EV training works
>>
>>30307259
EVs are per KO, not per level
>>
>>30307259
Each Pokemon has a set EV value that you get for defeating it. The only way to get more EVs per KO are items like the Macho Brace and Power items.
>>
>>30307259
you need to start over here m8y, this is a fundamental misunderstanding of EV training
>>
The modern XP. Share shares EV-winnings as well. Just equip it, put the shitmon in party, and start grindan.
>>
>>30307278
So I get the EVs for that one mon for all level ups in that battle?
>>
>>30307280
>>30307295
That explains everything....

I FUCKING MISS SUPER TRAINING
>>
>>30307308
I'm not sure you understand. Level-ups have absolutely nothing to do with EV training.
>>
>>30307259
I think I phrased this very poorly.
>>
>>30307259
google is your friend here, many forums have everything you need to know laid out in an easy guide
>>
What I'm saying is that you're going to level up several times if you battle a lvl 1 against a high lvl. Would that EV only apply to the first level up or for all of them?
>>
>>30307402
Does it matter? You're still getting whatever amount of EVs for that Pokemon. Once it reaches level 100, it'll get one point for each 4 EVs in a stat, if that's what you're asking about.
>>
File: pyukumuku_by_pc_engine-dadmhsa.png (155KB, 1024x877px) Image search: [Google]
pyukumuku_by_pc_engine-dadmhsa.png
155KB, 1024x877px
>>30307504
I think this is the answer I was looking for. Thanks, I wasn't sure how to word it.
>>
>>30307259
Think of EVs and exp/level as two completely different things.
Every KO a Pokemon participates in gains exp and EVs. If they get enough EVs to affect their actual stats, their stats change (even if they don't level up). If they get enough exp to level up, they do.

Maybe the reason you're confused is that it used to be EVs would only actually affect stats once a Pokemon leveled up (or was put in/taken out of the PC) so while EV training you could get stuff like +12 Attack on a single level up.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.