[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>White Herb Shell Smash Kommo-o in Battle Tree >wonder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: 784.png (82KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
784.png
82KB, 300x300px
>White Herb Shell Smash Kommo-o in Battle Tree
>wonder if something that was looked over
>inject a Shell Smash one and go to Battle Spot
>not allowed

Why? I'm compelled to write a letter to Masuda telling him to do something about it by the next update.
>>
>battle tree cheats

STOP THE PRESSES
>>
The tree was rushed development wise and that Kommo-o was put in the Pokemon pool before they realized it was retarded.

Same reason why the RNG is bullshit out of the gate as opposed to easing you into it.
>>
>>30303614
>Why?
Because GameFreak is not allowed to make a better pseudo than Garchomp for some reason. Can't have all the 12 year olds whining about their cool edgy shark dragon kaijumon no longer being the strongest.
>>
>>30303681
At least they always operate within the mechanics of the game. Giving a mon a move it can't normally access is a new low.
>>
>>30303614

Trainers having Pokemon with moves those Pokemon can't learn is nothing new.

>Lance's Barrier Dragonite
>Lance's Rock Slide Aerodactyl (it couldn't learn this move until Gen 3)
>Earthquake Lanturn in Emerald Victory Road

Among others

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Game_move_errors
>>
>>30303792

This isn't the first time. There's a Salamence with Outrage in the D/P tower even though it wasn't able to learn it until Platinum.
>>
>>30303614
Now the question is, did it fail the hack check because of Shell Smash, or did it fail the hack check because he did such a shitty job with it that it'd be rejected even if it had a legal movepool?

The difference means everything.
>>
Why the hell is there no wi-fi co-op in the tree anyway?
>>
>>30303845
I hope that means it'll be legal sometime down the road in the same vein.

>>30303873
I checked it. I was also making sure Alolan Ninetales didn't really get Heat Wave by injecting one (Serebii as well as the datamine itself still have erroneously mixed egg movepools). Battle Spot rejected the Heat Wave one and of course allowed the set without it.
>>
>>30303755
Why the fuck did they have to put Garchomp in the Alola dex? Does GF really just not want to see a Garchomp free metagame?
>>
>>30304061
Garchomp is my favorite Pokemon and even I'm tired of it. I want some new competition. I want pseudos to be interesting again not asking myself "why not just use Garchomp?" on any team.
>>
>>30304158
GameFreak must have been taken over by Sinnohfoeti. It's the only logical explanation of why GF keeps shoving Garchomp, Lucario, and Cynthia down our throats.
>>
>>30304330

Those two mons are popular and Cynthia is their collective waifu.
>>
File: 1425955811859.jpg (132KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1425955811859.jpg
132KB, 1024x768px
>special signature move
>higher base attack
>>
>>30304364
not to mention ddance
>>
>>30304364
it gets Work up delet this
>>
>>30304364
belly drum too
>>
>>30304854
If only it got Mach Punch...
>>
kommo-o is a big FAT mistake
>>
>>30305143
Still better than Poodra.
>>
>>30305340
nah, it's one of my best mons, I'm reluctant to give up my techniques so easily however I will say
weakness policy + gooey + bolt beam = wrecking machine
>>
My Kommo-o has a nature that buffs it's defense while nerfing it's attack so it's signature move being special based is a blessing for me. I just wish there were more special based fighting moves it could learn. Focus blast is far too inaccurate to be worth it and it doesn't have enough attack to make Sky Upper worth a slot
>>
>>30305143
We just gotta wait for him to get Superpower and Drain Punch from the move tutors in Pokemon Stars.
>>
>>30305704
it should have got iron head and close combat as egg moves
>>
File: 1383756255812.jpg (327KB, 500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1383756255812.jpg
327KB, 500x1000px
>>30305143
>>30305340
>not loving all dragons
Except Flygon of course :^)
>>
>>30305575
Yeah I was let down it didn't get Aura Sphere since it even has that sage-like appearance going on. Also its physical Fighting moves lacking Superpower/Close Combat sucks too.
>>
>>30303614

>We could have gotten Shell Smash Multiscale Kommo-o with Mach Punch and Drain Punch
>But instead we got this miserable mess of wasted potential

He deserved better than this.
>>
>>30304158
Remember how GameFreak literally put an NPC in the Battle Resort who said "Fuck using your favorite Pokemon, use the strongest stuff to win" and right next to him is a girl who's like "Grandpa gave me his Garchomp to win at the Maison!"?
>>
>>30306419
>give Flygon DD in a bid to make it relevant in a gen where Zygarde is the poster child
>Garchomp cameos and steals the show
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
Ah Physical Garchomp. Whatever, ya know? Whatever. You do what you like to do, I do what I like to do, ok?
But you're a sucker.

You're getting fed this lie how like, Garchomp will go sweep an entire team or whatever. It's gonna die.

Someone will kill it. Someone will kill it with an Ice Shard.

Make sure your Garchomp are uh, fricking ripped. You got some good IVs. You wanna look good what you get stabbed with an Ice Shard.

Sorry that's how it works.
>>
>>30307729
>next gen GF gives DD to Garchomp

What would you do?
>>
>>30303827
>Old outdated games
>Relevant in 2016
>>
>>30309257
HP Ice Celesteela on all teams
>>
speaking of battle tower, do you get anything for beating 100 trainers? just got my 50 streak in super singles.
>>
>>30309510
Couldn't tell you. I don't think the datamine mentions anything of the like nor does PKHeX have a streak editor yet. And Serebii hasn't even touched the Battle Tree.
>>
>>30304039
It would have taken effort.
>>
>>30309412
Togekiss would move from BL
>>
>>30304364
Admittedly though, its signature move is ridiculously powerful. A 110BP STAB move with no drawbacks and that reduces Defense is pretty good for a mixed attacker. Especially when combined with Shell Smash.

It's probably the same reason they gave Noivern a signature move with 140 base power but no STAB to compensate. Exploud was later able to get STAB on it but it's a far worse Pokémon so it evens out.
>>
>>30309557
ok thanks.
>>
>>30309715

It reduces Kommo-o's Defense.
>>
>>30309734
Oh, must have misread that when I was looking up movepools. Admittedly I'm not actually that far in the game quite yet.

It's still really powerful, though, almost as powerful as Close Combat but with one less drawback.
>>
>>30309796

It doesn't get Shell Smash and that move is not "really powerful" coming off a 100 base SpAtk.

The problem with Kommo-o is that its best physical fighting move is an 85 BP move that isn't even 100% accurate.

It's bafflingly starved for moves and needs a turn to set up before it can even be considered on par with any of the other pseudos out of the box.
>>
>>30309869
shell smash special set would fuck cunts right up the ass. consider its attack is only 10 points higher.
>Clanging Scales
>Flamethrower
>Focus hit
nevermind these are its only three special moves.

Then mixed is also an option too because shell smash if a fucking retarded move.
>>
>>30310140

Yeah, Shell Smash, which it doesn't get, would be amazing on it. And while we're at it, give it Vacuum Wave, and Mach Punch, and Iron Head, and Close Combat, and Dragon Pulse, and
>>
>>30310178
I mean. It will eventually get
>element punches
>iron head
>iron tail
>superpower its something
>low kick also something
>knock off
>zen headmiss
>focus punch

Could 100% see it not getting drain punch though.
>>
Run Shell Smash Minior to outcheat Tree
AI loses its shit if Shields Downs is up and tries to status spam it
>>
>>30310248
theyre pretty generous with drain punch in the newer games, the only things that really dont get it are things that existed before it was buffed in gen v, ie poliwrath, machamp, hariyama, infernape, blaziken, heracross
>>
inb4 there's a Shell Smash tutor in Stars
>>
>>30309510

Just a berry I think. Check serebii for the streak rewards.
>>
>>30303614
Let's write it them

Dear
>>
I tried Kommo-o on showdown. It was underwhelming.

> Low Speed
> Decent attack power on both sides, but not amazing
> Can't use a choice item because Dragon and Ground immunities are everywhere

On the flipside, Bulletproof makes it a good Aegislash check. Maybe a Dragon Dance set with mono STAB might work?
>>
>>30303845
>>30303827
So what you're saying is, is even if op wadn't just annidiot who can't hack and Kommo-o really can't learn it this gen, it will be able to next gen?
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.