[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>try to resist the urge to copy paste sets from smogon >figure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1480188416344.jpg (41KB, 500x482px) Image search: [Google]
1480188416344.jpg
41KB, 500x482px
>try to resist the urge to copy paste sets from smogon
>figure out that the set they have is actually the best
delet smogondex
i want to be creative
>>
>>30301411
>i want to be creative

Go do something actually creative instead of playing pokemon.
>>
>>30301472
but i want to play pokemon
>>
>>30301411
Like a lot of people on this board, you're mistaking "creative" with "inferior".

There's a reason that there's standard sets for Pokemon, just like there's a reason there's topdecks for card games. It's the nature of competition. Being creative doesn't mean "I'm using Round Toucannon look at me", it means figuring out the meta and finding surprising picks and counters, or building a team around your favorite Poke (that you're not using a meme build for) that actually works.
>>
>>30301643
I think I get what your saying
It still feels a bit noobish to use smogon builds, but whatever.
>>
>>30301729
>It still feels a bit noobish to use what is currently considered the best set for a Pokemon

If you find something better, it will become the standard. You will always be a copy of Smogon's sets no matter what you do. Accept that and enjoy the game.
>>
>>30301812
Aight.
>>
>>30301411
>figuring out a creative strategy for your shitmons
>it actually works pretty well

Having pyumukyu baton pass the z-purify boost to a power trip krookodile is so satisfying to pull off. Of course, if someone runs taunt, I'm fucked, but it fucks over a lot of teams on rating battles.
>>
I'm going to use Weezing as an example here. Weezing is really, really effective at crippling physical attackers, especially since most of them don't carry coverage to deal with it (it only has one weakness). The main problem with Weezing is that you need to be very aware of its limitations if you want to use him. If you want to run Weezing effectively, you almost need to run him alongside something that eliminates Heatran (NOTHING fucks up Weezing like Heatran does), a special sponge, good psychic resists, and maybe Wish support.

Most OU mons are OU because they're very easy to plop into a team framework, like "stall team" or "sand team" with other Pokemon from that category. Other builds do work, but they require a lot more effort to get working right.
>>
A fun set Ive been pretty successful with recently is

Porygon Z

Thunderbolt
Conversion
Tri attack
Ice Beam

Use Z conversion for the stat ups and turn into Electric typer due to it only having one weakness, then use the attack of your choice to take out a lot of mons. Simps but effective.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.