[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are their canon names? Surely Red, Gold, Ruby, Diamond,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

File: 255px-PlayerCharactersGrouped.png (65KB, 255x113px) Image search: [Google]
255px-PlayerCharactersGrouped.png
65KB, 255x113px
What are their
canon names?

Surely Red, Gold, Ruby, Diamond, etc?

Bulbapedia is not a source.
>>
They don't have one. Red is the only protag with a canonical name or team.
>>
File: 1470777807274.png (107KB, 291x287px) Image search: [Google]
1470777807274.png
107KB, 291x287px
>>30300955
nice thumbnail
>>
>>30300955

as far as I know:

Red/Leaf
Gold/Lyra/Kris
Brendan/May
Dawn/Lucas
Hilbert/Hilda/Rosa/Nate
Calem/Serena
Sun/Moon
>>
>>30300980
What about the ones that automatically get names as your rival/friend? May/Brendan, Ethan/Lyra, and I think Calem/Serena.
>>
>>30301077
I'm still sticking by Elio/Selene for SM protags.
>>
>>30301095

Those names are only canon to a playthrough of the opposite gender. Not canon overall.
>>
>>30300955
Red and Green/Leaf
Ethan and Kris/Lyra
Brendan and May
Dawn and Lucas
Hilda and Hilbert
Nate and Rosa
Calem and Serena
No official name for the Sun and Moon protags yet
>>
>>30300955
>Red & Blue
(She's blue in the Japanese games and Blue in the Manga, "Gary" is Green because his name is actually "Green Oak", "Blue Oak" makes no sense)

I'm a little unclear on a lot of them but I know with the exception of Hilda, the Males are generally the canon hero named after the main game.

For Sun/Moon the protagonist is the boy called Sun, and Moon is the girl.
>>
>>30301348
why is Hilda supposedly canon again? I've heard this a few times but I haven't heard an explanation
>>
>>30300955
Red is the only unarguably canon name.
Some would argue the names some characters gets as NPCs refers only to their NPCs version and not to them as player characters. I understand that argument but I think the difference is negligible.

Kris only has her name mentioned in the back of the Pokémon Crystal box. Canon enough for me but there are enough detractors.

So, taking that into accounte, the name are:
Red ("Leaf" doesn't have a official name)
Ethan, Kris, Lyra
Brendan, May
Lucas, Dawn
Hilbert, Hilda, Nate, Rosa
Calem, Serena

The SM protagonists have no names, for them do not appear as NPCs and it is not mentioned in any official material.
The demo uses Sun but that doesn't mean anything, it's like the ORAS Special Demo using Orlando instead of Brendan. The Special Demo protagonist is not supposed to be the main game protagonist.
>>
>>30301476

Gen 1 is the only gen where anything about the protag is canon
>>
>>30301127
May is May in the games, anime, and manga.
Dawn is Dawn in the games, anime, and manga.
Serena is Serena in the games, anime, and manga.

So no, those names are canon overall. Don't make it so difficult on yourself.
>>
Can someone explain why the gen 5 protags are called Hilbert and Hilda?? Hilda is okay but Hilbert sounds way too memey and stupid.
>>
File: 1460822614589.png (2KB, 129x64px) Image search: [Google]
1460822614589.png
2KB, 129x64px
>it's a my headcanon is the one true canon thread
>>
>>30300955
Kanto: Ash, Hillary
Johto: Taylor, Amanda (C), Britney (HGSS)
Hoenn: Brendan, May
Sinnoh: Lucas, Dawn
Unova: Maxwell, Hildegarde (BW), Nathan, Rosaline (BW2)
Kalos: Calem, Serena
Alola: Brad, Chicken
>>
>>30304171
Holy shit stop
>>
File: 1456616586941.jpg (62KB, 562x530px) Image search: [Google]
1456616586941.jpg
62KB, 562x530px
>still no canon names for the SM protagonists

I can't call her chicken-chan outside of /vp/, and saying "sun/moon female protagonist" is too long.
>>
>>30300955
>Bulbapedia is not a source.

why? because you don't like it?
>>
>>30304287
Japan has embraced Mizuki to the extent that it's being used for ship names like MizuLilil. That might be the best you're gonna get.
>>
>>30304393
*Lili, not Lilil
>>
>>30304318
Not him, but Bulbapedia sometimes isn't too good with differentiating canon and well accepted fanon.

Silver's page for the longest time neglected to mention he has no name given in any game related material, with Silver being fanon since forever. and even though they now acknowledge it, ti's at the bottom of the page with the trivia and no mention to this is made in the introduction of the page or the character profile.
>>
>>30300980
/thread
The name suggestions aren't canon.
>>
>>30304287
Male is literally called Sun.

Female is Moon.
>>
Red/Leaf
Gold/Kris
Brendan/May
Lucas/Dawn
Hilbert/Hilda
Nate/Rosa
Calem/Serena
Sun/Moon
>>
>>30304393
Mizuki's western equivalent would be Selene, as that's what replaces it in the English version of the trailers and screenshots where that name originated.
Though it may just not catch on in the west.
>>
>>30301348
>>30301476
Hilda's not canon. N is just gay.
>>
>Hilbert/Hilda
>Not Blake/Whitney
Forever triggered
>>
>>30304506
Speical demo doesn't count. Brendan is still Brendan and not Orlando. Sun and Elio for the boy, Moon and Selene for the girl were all used in trailers and such, but it doesn't make any of it official.
>>
Elio/Selene works too.
It's probably Sun/Moon considering how much GF seems to want this to be the modern Red and Blue like their ages being 11 again
>>
File: sadroothoot.png (237KB, 602x390px) Image search: [Google]
sadroothoot.png
237KB, 602x390px
>>30304598
>Calem/Serena
>not Xavier/Yvonne
>tfw I will never have a protag canonically named after me
>>
File: Trainer-Red-Pokemon.jpg (97KB, 746x790px) Image search: [Google]
Trainer-Red-Pokemon.jpg
97KB, 746x790px
I would like to know too if GF told who were the canon protagonists in the games and not just Red
>>
>>30304935
They want the hero to be (You).
Probably the only reason Red was canonized as a character was because first, there was no female character, and second it was early enough in the franchise they had not completely figured out their formula and vision for the franchise.
>>
manga = canon
>>
File: what.png (30KB, 1151x287px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
30KB, 1151x287px
>>30301476
Apparently she was going to be but they scrapped it at the last moment. Picture related
>>
>>30306303
There's a shit-ton of Pokémon manga though. Are all of they canon?
>>
>>30306442
It's probably just that either Hilda's data wasn't removed completely while Hilbert's was, or they dropped the idea early enough there's only a few of Hilda and nothing of Hilbert implemented.

In all likelyhood facing the former gen 5 protagonist on PWT was going to be a Memory Link thing, that was a big feature in BW2.
>>
>>30306062
That, and it's been so long now since Red and Blue came out that they aren't really harming anybody's immersion to say that Red is his own person, and it makes him a marketable character. None of the other protagonists are nearly popular or marketable enough to strip them of their blank slate and canonize them to the extent that Red has been.
>>
>>30307922
Def not. The other PCs will never obtain his popularity.

People just like drawing cute PC girls though at least.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.