[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the RNG at the battle tree free even more rigged then any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

File: battletree.jpg (24KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
battletree.jpg
24KB, 400x240px
Does the RNG at the battle tree free even more rigged then any other facility or even shit like round 2 in the stadium games for anyone else?
>>
It's because they didn't bother balancing the cheapness scale this time around. Previous games eased you into it to encourage you to keep trying, and only after a few rounds will it start pulling cheap shit.

Here? It starts with the cheap shit immediately.
>>
>>30300048
Yup, the bullshit RNG is there from the start. The game assumes you've finished minmaxing as soon as you get there.
>>
I just used Mimikyu, Celesteela, and Xurkitree and I got to 46 until a piece of shit Gengar with Hypnosis, Dream Eater, and Nightmare got me. I fucking swear every Gengar runs the same set and it pisses me off
>>
>>30300292

Mimikyu should be kicking Gengar in the dick. Did you make sure you kept Shadow Sneak on it?
>>
>>30300148
I'm kinda glad that's the case. It avoids providing the illusion that my team is suited for the bullshit that awaits. Honestly saves a fair bit of time in testing the waters.
>>
>run got ended by a Mega Sceptile running earthquake

Fuck the battle tree and it's gimmick sets.
>>
>>30300292

Facilities try to counter your team. The game knows that you hate that Gengar so it keeps using it.
>>
I'm on:

Metagross @ Metagrossite(lead)
Adamant, 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Def
-Zen Headbutt
-Meteor Mash
-Hidden Power(Ice)
-Hammer Arm

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Adamant, 252 Atk/252 SpD/4 Spe
-Play Rough
-Shadow Sneak
-Wood Hammer
-Leech Life

I was using a shitmon for my third slot until I got Metagross Mega, so I need suggestions. I didn't catch any UBs since I want to SR them, I was thinking Primarina or Milotic since I need a good Ice Beamer, but leaning more towards Primarina. Anyone got a good set for her?
>>
>>30302477
You need a good ice beamer?
Pheremosa. Objectively the best choice. Enjoy your win.
>>
>>30302543
Sadly I'm on Sun, senpai
>>
File: dimple2.png (581KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
dimple2.png
581KB, 500x500px
I went against a fucking Magmortar that avoided every fucking attack and successfully got swagger off and got my pokes to kill themselves too.

this was only round 3
>>
File: 1371930561745.jpg (24KB, 698x672px) Image search: [Google]
1371930561745.jpg
24KB, 698x672px
Don't you need 50 straight wins to get a new battle style?
>>
>>30300048
The AI is actually fucking retarded. In gen 6 it would actually react to things like Lightning Rod and stop using electric moves. Meanwhile I just saw an enemy Drudiggon spamming Glare on my AI partner's Limber Hawlucha.

It's like they didn't try at all.
>>
>>30300292
That same Gengar ended my win streak too, it had Focus Sash also.
>>
Tbh, I don't think the battle tree is nearly as bullshit on the Multi-Battle challenge, given that your partner gets a pretty decent setup, usually. It has convinced me that the UBs are shit competitively.

Also is it just me, or is Colress appearing in the battle tree seriously bullshit.
>>
>>30302567
Kartana@Life Orb (Lead)
Jolly, 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
-Leaf Blade
-Smart Strike
-Sacred Sword
-Substitute

Salemence@Salemencite
Adamant, 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
-Double-Edge
-Earthquake
-Substitute
-Dragon Dance

Greninja@Waterium-Z
Timid, 252 Sp.A/252 Spe/4 HP
-Water Shuriken
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Dark Pulse

Enjoy you're win.

I need a team for doubles though. I got to 45 with

Metagross @ Metagrossite (lead)
Jolly, 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
-Zen Headbutt
-Meteor Mash
-Bullet Punch
-Substitute/Protect

Tapu Fini@Choice Specs(Lead)
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Dazzling Gleam
-Shadow Ball

Hydreigon@Life Orb
-Draco Meteor
-Flamethrower
-Dragon Pulse
-Dark Pulse

A-Marowak@Thick Club
Adamant, 252 HP/252 Atk/ 4 Def
-Shadow Bone
-Flare Blitz
-Stomping Tantrum
-Protect

Any advice, other than make a Modest Scarf'd Hydreigon?
>>
>>30302622
Yeah. I lost at 45 and I just don't care anymore. Getting the fucking idol pose took like 30 minutes. That's not even like half way for this shit
>>
>>30302815
>Colress appearing in the battle tree seriously bullshit.

Not at all, considering that Z-Crystals are very much a subject he would like to study. Colress was never evil, he just want to know how powerful Pokemon can get with BONDS.
>>
>>30302622
Idol >= Smug > Passionate

Passionate is pretty garbage.
>>
Any suggestions for a team? I heard Golisopod was pretty good so I'm training one up, but I still need two other members.
>>
>>30302668
Focus sash is always what fucks me over, seriously horseshit in 3v3 to have your clean sweep magically stopped.
>>
>>30303014
Goli can work. The team I was recommended was Pheromosa, Nihilego, and Mimikyu. Lead with Phero, and either kill or u-turn out depending on what you're fighting.
>>
>nonscarfed sceptile outran my pherosma
What the fuck
>>
>>30303105
Video or it literally didn't happen fucker.
>>
>>30302884
Even given that, I feel like giving him a role in the post-game would've been more appropriate, given he actually showed up in the main plot for a bit. It feels kinda cheap to just not do anything with him after that scene, and just toss him into the Battle Tree instead.
>>
>>30303155
I seem to always get mallow so the next time it happens I'll record it
>>
>>30300292

The ONLY things breaking my streaks are Genger or Musharna spamming hypnosis/dream eater/night mare on me. Their hypnosis are 100% accuracy and they seem to have priority.
>>
>>30303014
I beat super single easily with these:
>DD M-Salamence
>Special Aegilash
>Stall Tapu Bullu Chansey
I rarely need the stall. Most of the time DD M-mence killed everything with Double edge. I switch out to aegilash for incoming special attacker or Ice attack.
>>
Does it matter who you fight in order to gain access to the battle tree?
>>
>>30303440
If you're talking about the fights before the Battle Tree. No, it doesn't matter.
>>
>>30303469
Aight thanks nigga
>>
File: Red_Pikachu_Charizard.png (490KB, 517x607px) Image search: [Google]
Red_Pikachu_Charizard.png
490KB, 517x607px
>>30300048
Why do Red and Blue look like such fucking pussies? Like what the fuck?

Red looks like a depressed dad taking his daughter to ballet who just wanted a son to play catch with and has given up on life and neglects his appearence, and Blue looks like my fucking mother. My mom's Blue. Why don't they look cool anymore? They look like retards.
>>
>>30304002
Blue looks like the type of guy that spends his Friday nights getting ass-pounded by muscular black men.
>>
I've heard most people lost their runs because of an unlucky Hypnosis. Should I run a mon that's immune to sleep, just in case?
>>
>>30304434
Or have them hold a Lum berry. I'd watch out for the Swagger/Flatter bullshit that sometimes happens, too.
>>
My Pheromosa's ice beam keeps freezing stuff, it feels really good.

There's a choice'd Staraptor that shows up in the 30+ rounds that I have a hell of a time dealing with though.
>>
>>30304434

Most of the hypnosis mons are doing Dream Eater immediately after.

Fucking SWITCH.
>>
>>30304143
That's what I'm saying man. My mom is a whore.
>>
>game sends 2 mono-type fire teams at me in a row
It's not even trying to be subtle about countering my team
>>
>tfw don't have my obligatory Mega Lopunny for facilities
Pheromosa will have to suffice
>>
>>30300048
RNG? They know and react to your moves as you choose them but they don't crit hax or anything numbers cheating.
>>
>>30305240
>use Mega Salamence, Garchomp, and Dragonite
>keep running into the mono ice hiker
>still win because ice is terrible
>>
>>30304434
Just run Lele. It also stops confusion.
>>
>>30300048
How good is Lum berry Multiscale Dragonite?
>>
>>30300048
>Run M-Gyarados and Tapu Bulu
>Two Fire types or two Poison types
>Gengar with 100% accurate Hypnosis that also uses Nightmare
>Rotom-W and Rotom-C come out all too often
>ParaFlinch Rotom-F keeps coming as well

it's like the game doesn't want me to win
>>
File: 1361294006633.png (147KB, 329x284px) Image search: [Google]
1361294006633.png
147KB, 329x284px
>have a flying type and a water type
>every single battle has 1 or 2 electric types
>>
>>30306372
Jesus Christ guys did the Fire > Grass > Water > Fire triangle not get drilled into your heads enough?
>>
so, you either min-max the fuck out of a team of perfectly bred/injected mons or you can't do the battle tree?
>>
>>30306988
Depends on what you mean by "do."
>>
>>30306988
Yes. Same as Battle Frontier and every other post game facility.

The game literally cheats. If you aren't at max stats, you are going to have a bad time.
But there are legit ways of getting max stats in the game now. Injecting is just faster.
>>
>>30302657
I've seen the AI do some smart things with switching out defensively. They basically never switched in older games.
>>
>>30303105
Unburden Hidden Ability?
>>
File: smonk.jpg (50KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
smonk.jpg
50KB, 540x540px
>>30302477
>hidden power ice
>>
>>30306988
I bullshitted Battle Royals until I could afford a couple power items and just EV trained some ultra beasts. Got me through regular singles and to a streak of 30 in super singles which was enough to buy a Destiny Knot and do ez breeding.
>>
>>30307089
I'm going to confess i've been shit at min-max. I know natures, IVs and EVs. You jam as much fucking medicine in your stat of choice until it can't go anymore and battle certain mons for more EVs.

What else goes into it? I want to git gud this gen.
>>
>>30307118
They used to switch out if they have no moves that can target you. Hope you don't mean that.
>>
>>30302477
swap out leech life for swords dance
swap out hidden power for anything else. Also Metagross should be Jolly since it now has 110 speed when it mega evolves
>>
File: 1459540341497.jpg (216KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1459540341497.jpg
216KB, 1280x720px
>need power items and destiny knot to finally train pokemons
>they're locked behind battle royal and tree
>perfect IV max EV AI mons vs your shitbags
>battle royal is literally 3vs1 and everything, even their moveset rigged against you
>they can use MEGA
>you can't 1HKO them while they can
>they faster
>"I just need my EV"
Peopel who designed this shit should be shot. I gonna cheat everything. Fuck you.
>>
>>30300503
That doesn't sound very gimmicky, guy.
>>
>>30307408
It is weird. They basically put up a giant wall to non-hackers that prevents them from raising good pokemon.

That is why I hacked up a bunch of 6 IV Ditto holding Destiny Knot and am trading them around GTS and Wonder Trade to at least help with that hurdle.
>>
>>30307509
You still got one of those bud?
>>
At this point, I've stuck to going in with exclusively Fairies. Not a ton of the pokemon used seem to be Steel, and Poison is pretty shit offensively. Just in case, though, I keep bringing in a Klefki.

Is it cheap? Probably. Does it work? Absolutely.
>>
>>30303306
Whats a stall tappu bullu chancey
>>
>>30307509
It's truly bizarre why they hid the Destiny Knot behind BP, considering IV breeding is way harder her than in Gen 6 due to SOS chaining being a very poor substitute for Friend Safari or Dex Nav. I bred boxes of Pokémon in XYORAS due to how simple the process was and then took on the Maison. But attempting to win the Royal or Tree with my ingame team was impossible. So I just injected and easily got the 50 wins and will work toward 200, having bypassed the process entirely. Fuck you, John GameFreak.

I can only guess they did it maliciously after the backlash toward no Battle Frontier in ORAS.
>>
>>30308868
>hid the Destiny Knot behind BP
You can get a Destiny Knot from a level 18 Lillipup with Pickup.
Not that you can't be unlucky and never get it, but you know.
And yes, I would also consider this "hiding".
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.