[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"b-but, turning off exp share just means you have to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_8988.png (742KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8988.png
742KB, 1280x1280px
>"b-but, turning off exp share just means you have to g-grind more!"
Reminder that if you've ever needed to grind in a Pokemon game aside from the horrible game design that made up Blackthorn to Kanto, you're a terrible player who can't strategy and has to rely on higher levels to beat a children's game.
>>
>Blackthorn to Kanto
More like Mahogany to Mt. Silver
>>
>>30295512
I grind and I use Revives to PP stall the Champion's ace. Stay mad while I have fun :^^^^^^^)
>>
>>30295512
Meh I liked it because I could quickly evolve the ridiculous amount of Pokemon available to us in X/Y

And no, I wasn't about to leave that to the postgame either. I like to take my sweet time in the main game.
>>
>>30295512
>>30295628
Gen 2 in general was a mess in regards to level curve.
>>
I can't imagine anyone 100% Colosseom without grinding.
>>
>>30295512
YATTER!!
>>
You literally have to grind for Claire's gym, her Kingdra is level 40 with an insane typing and your Pokemon are only around 33-34
>>
>>30295512
>'What are you doing?' 'Just walking around in the grass, fighting some pokemon'
>Doesnt count as grinding
If you fought wild pokemon you didn't intend to catch, or trainers you could avoid, you were grinding.
>>
>>30296164
I usually have a tough time with it, but never actually grind for that fight. The League on the other hand is a bullshit level jump.
>>
>thinking youre better for not using items because you grinded
LOL
>>
>>30296447
So can we all agree that Set + no exp. share + only using the same number of potions as your opponent + no grinding is the patrician way to play?
>>
>>30296321

>fighting trainers you could avoid is grinding

Is this true? I usually do this for a sense of completionism and for the money, especially since running into those trainers post-game can be annoying

Never played a game ignoring them, but tempted to try it now and see if the level curve changes much. I imagine it's not fun
>>
>>30296321
No, faggot. Grinding is when you're deliberately looking for random encounters solely to gain extra levels. Fighting things on your way to a goal or while exploring an area is not grinding, it's standard progression.
>>
>>30297483
I wouldn't call it grinding, but I'm also not autistic enough to.
You'll definitely feel the level difference though.
>>
>>30297483
No, he's being an autistic faggot.
Regular progression is not grinding, staying behind to hit the same few pokemon over and over again is.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.