[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a thread on how to improve it? I'll start >Remove

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

File: pokemon-sun-and-moon-dual-pack.jpg (85KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-sun-and-moon-dual-pack.jpg
85KB, 550x550px
Can we have a thread on how to improve it?
I'll start
>Remove Rotom Pokedex
Just gave it another point out of ten
>>
>>30294973
Make new Pokemon have incredibly high encounter rates
>>
>>30294973
Don't have it so Lillie is basically your mom the entire game making sure her 11 year old doesn't get into trouble.
>>
>>30294973
Remove any and all things from the game that are related to the anime

no more ash-greninja
no more pikachu with ash hats
no more references to the anime at all
>>
>>30295067
So, one thing? Pikachu hats ain't even out for US. Relax.
>>
>>30294973
>make use of all the lost potential
Why is Mohn JUST at pelago? Why bother making a model for Colress if he's not connected to Aether? Why not give stoner fairy an actual trial? Why not give better explanation to Kahili? Why not actually explain the aesthetic connection between the UBs and Lusamine's family and not just leave it up to obvious interpretation? Why not make Red and Blue challengers to the league? Why not have a national dex with more post game areas? Why not have some story relevance to Zygarde being in Alola after literally having that question asked in game? Why not make the UBs be stationary encounters in new areas rather than just random grass? Why not have rematches against high leveled teams for the trial captains and regular trainers? Why not have move tutors? Why not have a good online menu?
>>
>>30294973
Rotom Pokedex isn't so bad, it's a harmless addition that can be almost entirely avoided by simply not paying attention to the bottom screen.

For real improvements, I sure do wish we just got a traditional Gym structure and less of the Lillie handhold bullshit. More new Pokemon would've been nice too, and Alolan forms of non-Kanto Pokemon would help take the spotlight off of all the blatant genwun pandering.
>>
>>30294973
>kill rotom dex, replace with a dex with national dex capabilities
>kill samson, replace with the ability to buy apricorn balls through festival plaza or something
>>
>>30295139
>Why not make Red and Blue challengers to the league?
fucking this x 100, I can't believe they re-introduced those two but we're supposed to believe that they're not interested in taking your Champion title off of you.
>>
>Pokemon
New pokemon should not have >5% encounter rates. Mareanie, Bruxish, and a few others were ridiculous.

Add more regional variants or actually new pokemon. Counting UBs, the ratio of new pokemon introduced in comparison to UB/Legend/Mythical introduced is embarrassing.

>Story
Let me explore. The rotom dex was fine but there were times I felt like I was walking through a hallway.

>Mechanics
Hyper and Super Training should have existed simultaneously. A feature to change balls would be nice too.

>Story
What does the league look like post game? The elite four is established but I would have lived to have seen more trainers specialize in a type trying to set up gyms. Ice type got cucked.
>>
>>30295139
To add to this:
Why not have the UBs actually be causing havoc during the storyline? Why not have to stop them from destroying things in their rage? Why not have several trainers with Audinos to help offset the scaling exp system? Why not allow wild Pelippers to keep holding Lucky Eggs? Why not allow various Pokemon to hold special battle items for those of us who don't like the Battle Tree? Why not give us access to all of the mega stones when the trainers we fight in the Battle Tree obviously do? Why not have Lillie get a Pokemon earlier so she can actually stand up for herself? Why not fight Ultra Beast Lusamine herself like how you fight Kyurem and Ghetsis and B2W2? Why not allow us to go back to Ultra Space for more exploration?
>>
>>30295125
Anon, the one thing I'm absolutely autismal about is the anime. I want it to have no impact or relevance on the games period. In fact, waking up to see it discontinued and abandoned would be like a dream come true.

I can tolerate a lot of things but the anime hasn't been one of them for a long, long time.
>>
>>30294973
Make Rotomdex an optional feature
Give back gen 6 Wifi mechanics
Destiny Knot is available without grinding the Battle Tree
Moves like Scary Face or Unnerve abilities automatically trigger Ally call (for those low call rate pokemon)
You battle UBs during main game, but they are uncatchable.
Hyper Training is possible on every pokemon
Apricorn Balls can be bought, or at least are a daily event from Samson Oak.
Poketransfer is a free service now.
>>
>>30295234
>Let me explore. The rotom dex was fine but there were times I felt like I was walking through a hallway.

>get to Malie City
>3 different ways to go
>all 3 blocked by some npc
>"you can't go this way because I said so. go to the library"

Fuck off. What was wrong with the days of gating things behind HM's? Isn't that the entire point of the HM's?
Why does there need to be a police man telling me I can't go down route 11 when I don't have the mudsdale pokeride to get through it in the first place?
I don't fucking understand why everything needs to be on rails.
>>
>>30295551
Don't you know? Kids will get lost and stop paying Gamefreak money :^)
>>
>>30294973
Bring back the or add a Dex Nav like feature.
>>
>>30295551
Honestly, I am fine with having a quest marker and, for all I care, the goddam rotom dex can tell me where to go every minute like fucking Navi in OoT. I'd take that headache over arbitrary NPC shaking their head saying "lolnope" then fucking off. Gate the areas that I cant get to with new poke ride stuff.
>>
>>30295290
This fucking guy gets it. I hate the anime shoehorning. Didnt even transfer Greninja from the demo. Hell Zygarde's perfect form bullshit shouldn't even be in the games if it weren't for XY not tying it up in post. Thank God it's tied to a side quest and not the main story like so many retards thought it would be
>>
>>30294973
>lycanroc midnight is rock/ghost and better moves than counter
>crabrawler gets a split evo with one evoltuion being a beaten underdog with fighting/ground typing
>maybe even with the steelworker ability for dark type moves, since it fights dirty
>salandit split evo with a male counterpart, smaller and bulkier, has also something like a hood to cover its eyes to catch up with the bandit theme
>non gen1 alola forms
>>
>>30295551
>I don't fucking understand why everything needs to be on rails.

In before next game is an on-rail Pokémon shooter where you are on a roller coaster style ride through Kanto throwing Pokeballs at things
>>
>>30296537
Then the next one can be a pokemon themed Roller Coaster Tycoon game.
>>
>>30295551
Spotted the fucking genwunner. Pokemon was always linear you child.
>>
>>30295818
Bring back PSS, too, while we're at it. Get rid of Festival Plaza's little thing where all your online shit has to be done there, since that's redundant.
Actually just get rid of the Plaza.
>>
>>30295239

The last one bothers me the most. I hope we get to explore it more.
>>
>>30294973
fuck off, rotomdex is a bro
>>
>>30296537
Like pokemon snap?
>>
>>30296659
in the long run yes but fucking gen ii was totally nonlinear after ecruteak despite their damndest to get you to cianwood on that line. It also never forced you to go through a gauntlet OR a legendary hunt like in gen iv

I'm okay with most pokemon games being linear but this time it was a bit unnerving, which is mostly because they wanted you to go through this really involved story. It got so bad that every new island is the fucking same and the entire game got REALLY predictable after a while.

Also WHY THE FUCK was the gen vi lower screen interface removed, it was actually fucking good and should have been kept standard. the only thing missing from Gen VI's quality of life improvements were a mystery gift function through street pass
>>
>>30297347
You can get to Mahogany Town before taking the west path, but you can't actually do much there. Nearly everything in the town opens up after a story trigger that doesn't happen until you beat Jasmine.
>>
>>30295219
Maybe you need to be a resident of the region to take on the island trial.
>>
>>30298824
i seriously doubt that, it's one of the points of making a pokemon league, isn't it? to attract other trainers to Alola?
>>
>>30297653
I'm pretty sure you can do Jasmine, Chuck and Pryce in any order. Also, in Crystal and presumably HGSS, you are gated from progressing past Mahogany until you've done everything you need to do, but in the original GS I'm almost certain you could just keep on going, and get to the Lake Of Rage and Blackthorn City way earlier than intended.
>>
>>30295139
>Why not make Red and Blue challengers to the league?

I don't think they even give a fuck anymore. They are just walking around dicking about at this point.
>>
Rotom Dex was amazing, though.
>>
Stars wishlist:
>bring back DexNav
>don't trigger story events automatically as soon as you get close to the story character; make it so that you need to talk to them before triggering it so that you can explore first
>let the player skip the tutorials on stuff like capturing Pokemon or Z-Moves
>finish the story so that it doesn't feel incomplete; they made a huge deal out of the Alola mythology and the legendary but ultimately you only use it to rescue Lusamine while Necrozma isn't addressed at all the UBs are still roaming around until the post-game; I'm convinced there is the intention to give Nebby a third evolution that fuses both the power of the Sun and the Moon
>more post-game places to explore; an extra island at least
>give the players an early equip item that makes it so that wild Pokemon can't call for help or at least that they fail more frequently
>better optimization on loading time and FPS
All this turns an 7-8 game into a 9-10 game.
>>
>>30299459
blackthorn definitely not, but lake of rage yes
>>
They should have let you do the captains in Island 2 in any order you want. There was basically no story in Island 2 until the very end so there was no need for you to do it Lana->Kiawe->Mallow.
>>
Bring back Gen 6's streamlined EV training.
Gen 6 got one damn thing right, and that was making EV training a breeze, both for resetting and training.

Gen 7, and we're back to arbitrary methods.

>only ONE tree in the whole damned region spawns EV-reducing berries
>Berry farming still takes time naturally
>no item to fully reset EVs to 0
>have to grind boring festival plaza to get access to better facilities
>max friendship prevents Pokemon from eating EV-reducing meals at said-facilities, forcing me to lower friendship
>Hordes are gone
>SOS battles are too slow
>>
>Remove rotom dex
>FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE THE NEW POKEMON APPEAR MORE THAN THE OLD ONES
There is no fucking point in having Kantomons be the most common and have certain new alolan pokemon be relegated to only 1 route or location and being incredibly low spawn rates. I'm not saying that the new pokemon need to be everywhere, there should be rare new pokemon. But it is boring to see the same old shit instead of the new stuff especially early on in the game.
>>
>>30294973
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc01sJXTSmI
Add an opposite to Sun Legendary themed after Berserk Fury so then we can have this Pokemon Fight.
>Zoid themed legendary
>All the characters with pasta hair in Pokemon
>Characters with pasta hair in Zoids

Really makes you think.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.