[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It seems like pretty much most of the Alolan forms still suck.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

File: 600px-105Marowak-Alola.png (147KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600px-105Marowak-Alola.png
147KB, 600x600px
It seems like pretty much most of the Alolan forms still suck. So what was the point?
>>
>>30291052
Have Fun
a
v
e

F
u
n
>>
>>30291052
Isn't it obvious it was a last minute thing they gave out to a couple interns to try and make the region feel fresh and new?
>>
Ninetales, Marowak, Raichu, and Muk are good. Fuck even Sandslash is decent if you build a team around it because of Slush Rush and the added Hail support.

the others are trash. Alolan Dugtrio is 100% worse than regular Dugtrio
>>
>>30291052

There needed to be more. There's 50+ other Gen l mons that are totally eligible for getting alolan forms (Basically no mega/crossgen evos) that got jack shit
>>
>>30291193
Persian is good too. Been running it in doubles with fake out, foul play, taunt, and parting shot. Darkinium Z for full heals on parting shot recievers or to ohko special based ghosts/psychics with Z foul play. Phys bulk with fur coat is pretty great too.
>>
>>30291052
You know that not all pokemon have to be monsters in competitive right?
>>
>>30291052
Raichu, Muk, Ninetales, Sandslash,Marowak(seriously OP?), Persian, and Golem are a step up from their original counterparts.

Exeggutor is a mixed bag as it has a better typing and coverage, but is now Trick Room reliant to sweep with the lack of Chlorophyll.

Ratticate and Dugtrio are garbage in every aspect outside of the latter's design.
>>
>>30291052
Alolan Marowak is among the best Pokemon introduced this gen, are you on crack? OU easy not even kidding
>>
>>30291323
That's true. And there would be no problem if there were at least 30 alola forms.

But if you're going to pick up a small number of pokemon to give them new forms, at least give people a reason to use them instead of making mostly awful.
>>
>>30291652
Better =/= good, which was probably the point OP was trying to make.

Only Alola Marowak and maybe Alola Ninetales are any good, the rest are still mostly shit.
>>
>>30291052
>Posts one of the strongest

You see Marowak and Muk everywhere on VGC
>>
>creating a mechanic for literally 14 Pokémon
>making that mechanic the gimmick of a flagship game
>never revisiting it again
>>
How come any time a pokemon is said to be good or bad faggots immediately jump to the conclusion that they were referring to the competitive scene? What if they just meant it was good or bad in game? Smogon isn't on everyone's mind like you brain dead retards.
>>
>>30291804
>Alolan Ninetales
>maybe
>>
>>30291052
Alolan Marowak is strong as fuck
>>
>>30291945
If it's good in Smogon it's good, if it's good in-game it can still be shit
>>
Ninetales and sandslash HA rocks on a hail team and Marowak with thick club is pretty good
>>
File: 1480264559890.jpg (158KB, 1265x1128px) Image search: [Google]
1480264559890.jpg
158KB, 1265x1128px
>>30292026
>if it's good in Smogon
You mean just competitive in general. There's shit that's not good in Singles, but great in Doubles abd vice versa.
>>
>>30291945
fucking this, I play singles. I want to know if shit is good in fucking general, not to battle against you autistic fucks.
>>
>>30292086
You're a smartass, ain't ya? You know damn well what I meant and you even went as far as to prove that you know what I meant
>>
>>30291052
The fact that they don't have new BSTs is really disappointing.
>>
>>30291945
>What if they just meant it was good or bad in game?
Because no one gives a shit? Everything works in game.
>>
>>30291945
because no one cares how good something is in the game. you get access to unlimited healing, grinding and braindead AI (mostly). the majority of pokemon are completely fine in the game.
>>
>>30291323
haha yeah arbitrarily adding some shitmon makes the game more fun xD

remember when exactly 0 people complained when they gave beedrill and pidgeot a buff?
>>
>>30292144

Tell that to Unown
>>
I know Galvanize Alolan Golem is slow, but its Electric-type Explosion does like 90% damage to defensively invested Mega Aggron, IIRC. That's gotta count for something. Anything that isn't immune/resist Electric will be OHKO'd.
>>
>>30291052
Marowak sucked in game in my team, but it seems it has potential for competitive.
>>
>>30291193
please explain to the rest of the class how muk is even as good as drapion
>>
>>30291804
How is A-Raichu garbage? STAB Psyshock gives it neat wallbreaking potential. And don't get me started with it's ability. I can't imagine this thing staying in PU.
>>
>>30291945
because I beat multiple games with Delcatty
anything works in-game

>>30292182
used it during HG/SS was fine too, it was all a matter of finding out what type of Hidden Power it had.
>>
>>30292220
It's bulkier and hits harder than Drapion. Drapion dreams of having Gunk Shot.

Muk doesn't get Earthquake, but it does get a shit ton of other good moves to use.
>>
The one use of Alolan Dugtrio is that it can usually beat Toxapex.
>>
>>30292287
it's only good with Tapu Koko and if you have Koko in already there's not much point in switching out to Raichu
>>
>Muk got completely outclassed
>Same exact stats
>Better abilities
>Much better typing
Why even use regular muk now?
>>
>>30292369
Except it can just switch out on A-Dug because it doesn't have Arena Trap like vanilla Duggy
>>
>>30292369
What does it do in that regard that regular Dugtrio can't? Poison immunity doesn't matter because almost all of them carry Scald plus regular Dugtrio can trap it and prevent it from just switching and getting HP back with Regenerator
>>
>>30292443
>better abilities
how? Sticky Hold is better than Gluttony or PoA. If it got Liquid Ooze or something it'd be better
>>
>>30292405
Shockingly enough, there's stuff that can use terrain as a set up. People wank over a lunatic because it's the ability that's valued more than the lunatic.
>>
>>30291052
The gimmick as a whole seems like a retrospective attempt to pin types that were underused/non-existent in Gen I to Gen I Pokemon.

Gen I had no Dark types, even after the Gen II retcon. 1/3 of Alolan forms turn out to be Dark types.

Gen I had few Steel-types, even after the Gen II retcon. 2/9 of Alolan forms turn out to be Steel.

Gen I had more Fairy-types than any of the other two retroactive types, yet still very few, so resultingly 1 of the Alolan forms turned out to be Fairy.

Gen I had only 1 Ghost line, as well as only 1 Dragon line, so two Alolan forms were respectively given those typings. Ice-types were similarly few-and-far between, 1/9 of Alolan forms are ice.

Barring Psychic and Electric (and Fire if you want to be technical) only underutilized types were given to Alolan forms. Water, Fighting, Grass, Poison, Bug, Ground, Flying, Normal, and Rock were left to the dust, and what do you know? 90% of Kanto Pokemon are of those types exclusively.
>>
>>30292509
Alright sticky hold is slightly better. Poison touch was it's 2nd best then and it still has that.
>>
>>30292107
Shit that is good in OU and UU is in general good for any format.

Shit that is Uber found a way to break the singles metagame in OU or is just plain broken in context.

Smogon actually matters since the metric is usage, Marowak will always be good in cartridge because the UBs will always be present, but Marowak might actually become less used in Smogon once some UBs are hit with the ban hammer.
>>
>>30292462
Do people actually bother running Scald on Toxapex between Baneful
Bunker, Toxic, and Toxic Spikes? Merciless variants in particular would rather have Liquidation.
>>
>>30291052
>Alolan Sandshrew/slash entries indicate they are slower
>All they did was move a tiny bit of SpA into Def and SpD, speed is the same.

>Alolan Exeggutor
>Clearly looks to be more physical oriented
>Special Attack is still higher

>Alolan Dugtrio
>No Arena Trap, lol
>>
>>30292405
Koko can just run Terrain Extender and U-Turn into a different pokemon. Not that hard.
>>
>>30292751
Yes, of course. The only question is whether you run scald or venoshock. Scald does not replace Toxic.
>>
>>30292751
Shitter who doesn't actually play competitive detected.

NO ONE who knows what they're doing runs Baneful Bunker or Merciless because both of those are gimmicky shit that is outclassed by Regenerator and other moves. And everyone carries Scald to burn physical attackers, get some chip damage, and at least hit things that are immune to poison.
>>
>>30292751
please explain why the fuck you're using liquidation, or baleful bunker, or any of that stupid shit

that's like running swords dance skarmory or calm mind chansey

>>30292844
that doesn't explain why you would even want to bother switching out. Who does Raichu hit harder than Koko?
>>
File: 1472863723369.jpg (60KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1472863723369.jpg
60KB, 650x650px
>>30291052
What the actual fucking shit are you talking about? All of the alolan forms dominate the top rungs of the VGC`17 ranks. You are a fucking retard.
>>
>>30292751
Most of us don't even run baneful bunker. Scald haze t spikes and recover is better as you choose to use scald on levitators and poison can fuck you over on checking some stuff.
>>
>>30292858
>>30292885
>>30292906
I'm not the one using it, Showdown ELO Hell is.
>>
>>30292220
Poison Touch
>>
>>30292938
See >>30292954
>>
>>30291937
It's not really a mechanic. For all intents and purposes, they're new Pokemon.
>>
File: 1407263726230.jpg (132KB, 1083x1201px) Image search: [Google]
1407263726230.jpg
132KB, 1083x1201px
>>30293035
>inflicting the worst status ailment in the game is a good ability
>>
>>30293132
>worst status
It deals more damage over a short period of time than Toxic, and now deals more damage than a burn. It also can't be taunted or bounced.
>>
>>30292220
It's better for countering fairies.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.