[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why wasn't there any johto characters in alola but just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (14KB, 168x148px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 168x148px
Why wasn't there any johto characters in alola but just a few references? I mean, we got Red and Blue from kanto, Wally from hoenn, Cynthia from sinnoh, Colress Grimsley from Unova, and Dexio and Sina from Kalos, heck, we even got a SPIN-OFF cameo which is Burnet
So did they forget about this gen or something
>>
>>30284893
We did get one johto character. machamp lady's husband
>>
>>30284893
>Red and Blue
Who? Oh, you mean Ash and Gary.
>>
The city in third island you fuck
>>
>>30284893
Gamefreak hates Johto
>>
>>30284893
because it was gen 1.5
>>
>SM reintroduces Apricorn Balls for the first time since HGSS
>only one of each per game, can't buy more EVEN THOUGH THERE'S A JOHTO-SPECIFIC SHOP
>>
File: 1474507646846.jpg (25KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1474507646846.jpg
25KB, 400x386px
>>30284893
Johto was a mistake OP thought you knew.
>>
>>30284893
Saying Johto is saying Kanto. The region itself has no identity on its own. Red is the most secobd gen rep you could get.
>>
Maybe in the 3rd game we get to meet and battle johto characters.
>>
You can get the Johto starters from island scans
>>
>>30284893
Because Johto is an irrelevant region.
>>
>>30287778
I got a Chikorita from my very first one!
>>
File: 1436935559230.gif (707KB, 500x351px) Image search: [Google]
1436935559230.gif
707KB, 500x351px
>>30285298
>The region itself has no identity on its own.

Johto is a ton more rural than Kanto. Outside Goldenrod, a city with direct ties to Kanto due to the Magnet Train promoting back-and-forth visitation, there are no urban centers. The majority of cities are small and cozy, and the terrain around them is often hazardous (Azalea is between a forest and cave, Mahogany is between two caves, Cianwood is surrounded by water and mountain, Blackthorn is at the top of a mountain with no easy way to get there other than flight). You just have to look at Route 29 and how windy and relatively long it is, and compare it to the first routes of any other region, to get an idea of how it differs from most regions.

Sinnoh is probably the closest to Johto in that regard because of how mountainous it is, but it still has more large cities than Johto between Jubilife, Hearthome, and to a lesser extent Veilstone.
>>
>>30289025
Isn't Johto canonically to the west of Sinnoh?
>>
>>30289511
Johto is to the west of Kanto. It's to the south of Sinnoh according to the Sinjoh ruins.
>>
>>30289630
Ahh..gotcha. I meant east, not west initially there.
>>
It wouldn't hurt to have Lance.
>>
>>30289805
Lance is Kanto too, although he's pretty unmemorable in Gen 1. Silver appearing would've been nice though.
>>
To be fair, as much as I like generation 2, the best part of those games was revisiting Kanto, Johto is kinda forgettable, it doesn't even have its own Elite 4.
>>
>>30284893
Red is the Johto rep since hes only an NPC in Gen 2.
>>
>>30289630
Although, really, EVERYTHING is south of Sinnoh.
>>
>>30289025
the only point of johto was to give lore to kanto

hell, one of the box legendaries is the regigigas of the legendary birds and kanto and johto share a league and the johto games are ass because they tried to fit kanto in at the last second
>>
>>30289025
Johto being the backwoods neighbor of Kanto is literally its only identity.
>>
File: 1433567607451.jpg (36KB, 322x378px) Image search: [Google]
1433567607451.jpg
36KB, 322x378px
>>30291756
>one of the box legendaries is the regigigas of the legendary birds
That's only in the anime.

>kanto and johto share a league
I have no proof of this but I don't think this was planned until the last second when they added Kanto, because of how the routes leading up to the League are completely different in layout compared to Gen 1.

>the johto games are ass
>>
>>30284893
1: Red is final boss of Gen 2.

2: Jhoto is a backwater that dosen't even have it's own pokemon leauge or champion

3: Jhoto is worst region since it's basically half-baked due to Kanto being tacked on.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.