[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>9 days after release >80 hours in >Just got to Aether

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 17

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>9 days after release
>80 hours in
>Just got to Aether the 2nd time
>After beating Nanu

Anyone else taking their time with Sun and Moon?
>>
>>30275433
me. almost 50 hours in and i just got to Vast Poni Canyon. Most of my friends finished their first playthrough in 20-30 hours.
>>
>>30275433
Yeah, I got there at about the same time, around 70 hours. But only because once I got to the daycare I stopped to breed my future Rating battle team (I wanted to use them as my playthrough team now that bottlecaps exist), trade and collect Dittos for about 20 hours.

I also wasted a shitton of time levelling up my plaza because I thought it'd make EV-training a breeze, but I'm at nearly 3000 points and still get offered shitty two-star facilities and have never seen a bouncy house above 3 stars.

Still really enjoying taking it slow though.
>>
>>30275433
I'm 18 hours in and just got to Kiawe's trial. I've spent time leveling up my Pokemon (and hunting for Dewpider) and otherwise just exploring the region since it's the first time in Alola. I'm enjoying taking my time and really enjoying the game.
>>
>>30275433
Got the game the day after it came out, only just now got to the second island.

Though admittedly I didn't really get a chance to play it till today. Spent a few hours catching meowths for pick up, a few shitmons to throw on wonder trade, and doing the festival plaza shit this morning, then later spent about two hours looking for a decent Oricorio because it was the one mon I absolutely wanted to use And yes I already heard it was shit
>>
>>30275506
Same. I bred a shit ton of Bagons and got whatever I wanted thru the GTS. Such a great trade fodder as no one really wants to take their chance on that 1% early on. Only becomes 10% after Lana's trial
>>
File: tumblr_o0lk8yaTaE1v0pigno1_500.jpg (41KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0lk8yaTaE1v0pigno1_500.jpg
41KB, 499x499px
>30 hours in
>on second island

you could say im pretty comfy
>>
Got it the morning of release. Just now got to the red flower field in the third island with the red oricorio.
Went slow the first few days because my partner wanted to play Watchdogs 2 more than pokemon, eventually gave up and sped on ahead in the story. Still taking it easy.
>>
55 hours in and about to challenge the E4
>>
File: 1480203337059.gif (2MB, 560x430px) Image search: [Google]
1480203337059.gif
2MB, 560x430px
25 hours on second island. Game is to comfy to rush it, I'm having a blast.
>>
>Beat the game 70 hours in, about a week after leak
>Done with most post-game stuff including battle tree and battle royal
>Clocked in at about almost 100 hours
>Have stopped playing since then
It was fun while it lasted. I don't know what do anymore other than shitpost and help beggars in here.
>>
I finished the E4 at about 55 hours, I explored a lot and kept taking breaks breeding and catching mons. Now I reexplored first two islands looking for Zygarde cells and just completing my dex before I start getting into battling.
>>
Just beat the E4 at 90 hours in.
>>
>>30275872
Forgot to add that I've also finished developing pokelago and clearled all dex entry.
My festival plaza is still level 35 though but I don't see any point grinding to level 100.
>>
>>30275433
>taking their time
Yeah, I will visit Aether for first time in a few hours
>>
>>30275911
>>30275872
You can do competitive battling, especially since the meta is still young and it will change in 2 months when Bank opens so
>>
I don't have the game yet because poorfag, but I've been following along with my close friend. He finished this morning, clocking in at 99 hours. Honestly he said he dragged his ass at first doing random shit because he wasn't enjoying the game at all, but once the main plot finally kicked in he took it seriously and couldn't put the game down. He's totally and completely in love with Lillie now and cried at the ending.
>>
File: image.jpg (140KB, 629x818px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140KB, 629x818px
Just got through Diglett cave

Pokedex at 204/214

Party is all level 34-38, starting to ignore me. Hope the next obey cap is soon

Already bred perfect Dratini (no extreme speed yet but aqua jet will do), Gible, and Vulpix. Had to check IVs via battle.

~49 hrs played.

I'm taking my time but that's quite a few hours invested in a week.

Have some OC
>>
10 hours in defeated elite 4
>>
>>30276204
How?
>>
>>30275433
TwitchPlaysPokemon is at e4, if you are somehow behind those faggots you're too slow for your own good.
>>
>>30275433
It took me over a week to beat the League because I wanted to soft reset a good nature for Nebby.

Up until that point I cruised through it over the course of a single weekend, but it took a while to SR because of work.
>>
>>30276098
How are you breeding perfect pokemon?
>>
I just want to catch them all. Is there a way to see if you've caught all the mon in an area without a guide?
>>
File: 3451345.png (236KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
3451345.png
236KB, 460x460px
>24 hours
>Beat the game

Cool
>>
I only beat the main game yesterday, and I've had the game since 2 days before release.
>>
>>30275807
It really isn't bad at all. You can farm sharp beaks from the overhead bird encounters on Route 3, at which point it rapes pretty much all of the early game.

Later on it gets air slash and the STAB move for its typing (revelation dance) so it still holds up. Don't use the Psychic one though because everything in this game knows Ghost/Dark/Bug moves
>>
Beat the game after 30 hours about, I was disappointed with my team so I've restarted. Rowlett was shit, so I chose Litten, named it after my cat, is also female, I'm gonna everstone it.
>>
>>30276204
I spend like 10 hours just for playing with all addittional stuff theput in. isles are cool!
>>
>>30275433
Around the 30th jour and I just Beat Olivia
Pokédex filling up Takes time
>>
>>30275978
But Lillie is only 11 years old, is your friend a pedophile?
>>
>>30275433
I beat the league at 105hrs in. Was a fun ride, I enjoyed leveling up a bunch of random crap but I feel kinda shit for going back and using Golisopod and Kommo-o even after saying I wouldn't use them.
>>
>>30275433
I have just recently started playing my copy of Moon and clocking at 5 hours. I haven't arrived to the Training School yet.
>>
File: Zorak.jpg (28KB, 461x346px) Image search: [Google]
Zorak.jpg
28KB, 461x346px
>>30275433
74 hours clocked currently going through Vast Poni canyon. This has been a very relaxing run through.
>>
Beat the game in 70 hours, took one week. There wasn't any single one thing that I stopped and spent a bunch of time on, I just tried to explore all the features a little bit, like the plaza and the pelago, hunted for zygarde cells at meticulously as I could through the game without backtracking, and made sure to catch one member of every family in the game so I could complete the dex before transfer, and one of each evo stage for the new Pokemon and alolan forms (if they were available in the wild) for my living dex.
>>
47 hours in, about to do Kiawe's trial.

Probably a lot more because I spent probably close to 50 resetting for shiny Rowlet.

Feels comfy.
>>
>>30275433
I've been taking my time with it since day 1. I'm not in a rush like my cousin or sis so I just play it slow, not competitive or anything, and just wasting time filling up the pokedex. Just got to the third island
>>
>26 hours
>already breeding with perfect ditto
>using breeding rejects from wonder trade
>still on the nursery
>plaza is +lv40

I'm having fun.
>>
>>30275433
got it on midnight release and I just reached Poni island yesterday.
I'm shiny hunting so that's why it's taking me so long.
>>
>>30275433
34 hours and I finished the game, got all the Z-Crystals, got all the Ultra Beasts, unlocked the Battle Tree and did a few Champion Title Defense battles.

Possibly my 2nd favourite gen ever, but I don't plan to continue with the current adventure, because goddamn, this game completely drained me from the Pokemon hype. Also, Champion Title Defense is boring and pointless if your Pokemon have a much higher level than the challengers.

Don't give a shit about the Plaza or Pelago either.
>>
>>30278836
How? I took my time trying to find a good pichu an still clocked only 2 hours by the school.
>>
File: 1458151589115.png (371KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1458151589115.png
371KB, 600x600px
49 hours to beat the E4 in Moon. That was last week, had been playing since the leak.

Finished the UB quest/got to the battle tree at 56 hours. Going to finish my BW2 playthrough then play Sun.

Best part of this gen are all the girls..desu
>>
I'm finding the game exceptionally difficult so far so yeah it's taking me awhile.

I'm playing with loads of self imposed rules though and the E4 actually has me beat and I need to train some Pokemon from scratch to stand a chance right now.
>>
>>30275863
Premium breeding spot. Can't believe GF actually thought of this. It can't be coincidence, they just know the breeding process.
>>
File: 455fafa9c95f04f8b6a8885ad0710445.jpg (85KB, 1000x1300px) Image search: [Google]
455fafa9c95f04f8b6a8885ad0710445.jpg
85KB, 1000x1300px
>>30281130
>Chicken
>Lillie
>Mallow
>Lusamine
>Kahili
>female skull grunt
>sightseer
>ace trainer

I never thought gen 5 pokegirls would be surpassed until now.
>>
File: Fuck your Couch Dragon.jpg (70KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck your Couch Dragon.jpg
70KB, 1920x1080px
>>30275433
I am, partly because I'm prepping for finals and partially because I want to enjoy every minute with my Vulpix petfu(fuck you GF for not implementing walking pokemon since HGSS).

At least she gets lots of Brushies.
>>
>35 hours in
Just got my starter, it was kitten did I fuck up guys? I don't know if I should reset and get Rowlett
>>
>1000000000000000000000000000 hours in
>still roaming the first island

You could say I'm pretty comfy
>>
Took me 89 hours to open the game, it was a pretty comfy unboxing tho :)
>>
File: a chill.png (266KB, 949x915px) Image search: [Google]
a chill.png
266KB, 949x915px
>>30275433
Totally. The Festival Plaza and Pokepelago are sort of sucking up all my time. also accidentally leaving the DS on
>>
File: kaiji cryji.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kaiji cryji.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
>>30275974
>Meta going back to degenerate cancer power creep mons

Why can't it just stay like this? ;_; I want gen III/IV power levels to stay.
>>
>90 hours in, got it release day
>still haven't gotten off the first island
taking it for a /comfy/ ride
>>
File: Za Waurdo.jpg (43KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Za Waurdo.jpg
43KB, 1280x720px
>>30282429
>You'll never enjoy a pokemon competitive scene as a casual player

I wish GF cared about this more by doing near monthly updates. I don't like the fact that 90% of 1v1 and 2v2 are just sweep fests or Weather Wars, but I guess that's what you get when your primary market is 10 year olds.
>>
Excactly at 41 hours played and I just got the Machamp Page Rider.
>>
>>30279084
>>30278880
>>30275827
>>30275433
That's a little ridiculous. At least some others here posted an excuse like shiny hunting and breeding.

53 hours, about to fight the first of the E4. Did my own share of trading, Festival, pokedex filling via wil pokemon, and breeding as well.
>>
34 hours in and I'm about to fight Hapu for the first time
>>
>>30282523
>make a series focused around single battles
>make your tournaments dedicated to double battles
What did gamefreak mean by this?
>>
>>30275433
how do you even do this? filling up the dex? I figure I'll just wait until transfer for that because I've already caught them all before

My playthrough (just beat e4) did take a lot longer than normal pokemon playthroughs though. I kind of want to start over though because I only used new mons to test them out, and now I want to go back and do it with my favorites
>>
>>30276098
damn you idiot olivia's team is like 10 levels lower than yours. I understand taking your time, but that doesn't sound fun to steamroll everything

also they shouldn't ignore you unless you are not the OT in which case I just breed them because I'm autistic about being the OT
>>
>>30282464
That's actually kind of crazy. What are you even doing? There's not a whole lot to do on the first island. What level are your pokemon?
>>
>>30276405
Might've done Ledybot.
>>
File: china.png (891KB, 2544x2160px) Image search: [Google]
china.png
891KB, 2544x2160px
>>30282784
>>
>>30282612
If I had to wager, it's because the well-ordering principle of mathematics assures that, for every possible pokemon and every permutation of each pokemon (IE moveset/ability configuration), there exists a party of 6 which can be deemed that "strongest" above all other party and pokemon combinations. Once a meta has hit this apex, you either copy that team, or attempt to build a counter to that team, which again, is a near dead meta when only two teams are ever used competitively.

So, by tossing in 2v2 fights, I'm guessing they're trying to permit more flexibility into their official meta (and only recently finding that 99% of people who compete will just find the strongest combination and generate that team).

The other issue is that in combinatorial games with a random element generator of this nature, Dominant Strategies always emerge, so you're just nixing yourself if you don't use such strategies.
>>
>>30276098
Autism.
>>
>189 hours in
>About to fight Hau the first time

You could say im taking my time to get comfy
>>
>>30275433
>Try to speedrun it
>takes 4-5 days
there is a lot to do this time around
>>
>>30282940
The well ordering principle doesn't assure shit, think about a 1 member team on rock-paper-scissors.
>>
>>30282940
Sejun Park's team looks straight outta showderp
>>
>>30282940
Nobody says Pokemon teams are well-ordered.
>>
File: I have achived my final form.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
I have achived my final form.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
>>30283144
>>30283220
Ostensibly, you care correct, however, permit the following thought experiment in which we pick some gen and generate every possible combination team which every possible pokemon permutation, then compare every possible team with every possible combat scenario and measured their win/loss/draw rates, then there will exist a single team with the highest win rate among every other team.
>>
>>30275433
Mine was about 40 hours to beat the campaign. A large part of it was me attempting to catch the new pokemon(most of which were extremely rare) and I was consistently alternating pokemon out of the party, and had to level grind at the end of the game. A huge part was training up a dragonite because I thought it would have an Alolan Form
>>
I'm not playing slowly but I'm not able to play for long. Got it day after leak and only beat the Elite 4 yesterday.
>>
>>30275433
Just beat the league with 36 hours played, about to start my second playthrough and go slow and chill and completing every dex before moving on
>>
>>30275433
Depends, I'm aroubd 60hours and have beaten the main game, post game and 99% done the pokedex, just waiting for tonight to get the last few Zygarde cells before I've 100% the game.
>inb4 battle tree
>inb4 bullshit involving the AI that cheats counts for 100%
>>
>>30282862
Honestly, with the strength of autism on this board, I thought it was plausible that you had actually done that. Thoroughly japed.
>>
>>30275433
That's exactly where I am, OP. Similar time on my game clock, too. 78:08

Would probably be a lot farther if I didn't work, though.
>>
>>30275433
>10ish hours in
>just got to the wishiwashi trial
You fools don't even know the meaning of the word comfy
>>
>66 hours in
>Only on the third looker mission
>Never went to battle tree yet

Pretty /comfy/
>>
>still picking my starter
>87 hours in
maximum comfy :)
>>
>>30275433
Finished E4 at around 55, pokedex at 92 hours. Felt nice to take it pretty slow.
>>
>>30284319
>37 years playtime
>Meowth just got me out of bed
Try to out-comfy me :)
>>
>>30275433
I always take my time to catch all he new pokemon and give them a short test drive to see what they're like. Usually end most pokemon games with 70-100 hours.
>>
>>30275433
Good man!

>>30284471
Kek
>>
>>30275433
Just got sharpedo today. been playing since release.
>>
File: skeleman.jpg (120KB, 1300x864px) Image search: [Google]
skeleman.jpg
120KB, 1300x864px
>>30284471
>84 decades playtime
>Still playing Sapphire

Livin' the dream.
>>
I'm taking my time but in the sense that I only have like 25 hours in my file. I mean when I play I don't dart right for progression points but I'm not spending dozens of hours doing next-to-nothing ingame either.
>>
>>30275433

What the fuck did you do for 80 hours and not even beat the game, leave the game on idle for hours at a time?

I took my time and beat it in 38 hours.
>>
50 hours in and I just got to victory road or whatever it's called in this.
Spent a lot of time doing the pelagio, fucking around in the festival palace and I've been breeding/filling out dex with gts.
>>
>>30275433
I got the game last saturday and i'm currently 93 hours in and Just beat the UB Quest yesterday. Havn't fought the Elite Four a second time so i'm gonna do that today. Love this game
>>
>>30275454
t. nigger normie with mental disability

>>30275433
60h in. I am at the canyon. I play cozy and I also collect mons besides and level the Plaza.
>>
>>30275433
They released the game well into the semester of class. I don't have time for games. keep wasting time on this shitty board though
>>
>>30275433
I just hit the third island. I got hung up because of seeing my family for Thanksgiving, and I didn;t even start till the european version released legit, so I got a late start too. I'm enjoy the game. Very cosy. And I'm managing to not outlevel or overgrind, despite fighting pretty much everything. Totem fights have genuinely made me squirm some. I know GF never likes to do the same thing twice when it comes to fun, but I hope this is gonna be the standard from now on, trainer battles are SO underwhelming in comparison.
>>
I'm 18 hours in and just beat 3rd trial. I've been spending most of my time catching every Pokemon in each area. Sometimes it takes long if there is an area with rare Pokemon.

My friend is ~20 hours in and almost finished the game.
>>
>>30286320
I know that feel
>"I can't waste time playing games, I've got to work on school stuff"
>go on /vp/ for 5 hours instead
>>
I've been filling my pokedex as I go along - i've even chained myself a Mareanie and I haven't even finished the Grass Trial yet.

Definitely a more enjoyable way of playing as you get to really take in the areas they've made instead of just blazing through them in a few minutes to beat something new up.
>>
I'm grinding to battle the E4; 63 hours.
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.