[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So who were your new bros this time around? Any unexpected ones?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 21

File: alola_grimer_muk.png (2MB, 1275x716px) Image search: [Google]
alola_grimer_muk.png
2MB, 1275x716px
So who were your new bros this time around? Any unexpected ones? This guy for me.
>>
Faticate
>>
File: 750Mudsdale.png (530KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
750Mudsdale.png
530KB, 1280x1280px
I already liked it when it was first revealed, but goddamn I wasn't expecting it to be THAT good.
>>
>>30274869
I've only gotten to the second island but holy shit is the woodpecker/toucan fucking shit up. It doesn't help that I somehow already maxed out it's affection in refresh.
>>
>>30274869
You took my answer.

Every game I try to make up my first team out of pokes that I've never used before and grimer made the cut.

What I didn't expect is for that little shit to come through in the clutch every single time I asked him to, type advantage or not. For some reason the dopey face he makes made me think of Mikey from TMNT so he got named Angelo.

>>30274934
And Mudbray/Mudsdale is easily #2. Immovable wall and unstoppable force at the same time. High horsepower blows the asshole out of very nearly everything I've sent her against.
>>
File: horse.png (168KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
horse.png
168KB, 500x500px
>Stamina
>Tank as fuck
>High attack
>Pretty good moveset
>One of the heaviest pokemon out there with heavy slam
I send him out against any physical attacker out there. Couldn't care less if it weak against the said attack since it will tank it.
>>
I expected Raichu and Sunpupper to be better than they were but they died to everything and couldn't get KOs on their own unless they set up, but after they set up they'd die anyway
>>
>>30274869
Turtonator has been my MVP when it came to catching all the crap in the post-game. It bulks like a motherfucker and resists a ton of crap.

Shell Trap is a cool as fuck move too.
>>
Mimikyu because one Swords Dance is plenty.
Golisopod because holy fuck that damage.
A returning favorite is Trevenant. It helped me so much in XY, and now it returns to save me in SM.
>>
File: 1469025200013.jpg (64KB, 710x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469025200013.jpg
64KB, 710x720px
>start game
>get to the trainer school
>catch an alola grimer with poison touch
>it was holding black sludge
>literally solo the entire rest of the game with it

why did they think putting a very bulky pokemon with fantastic typing, a fantastic ability and a better version of leftovers in the first city was a good idea?
>>
>>30275042
poison touch isn't a "fantastic ability" it's just the least bad of it's three bad abilities
>>
>>30275071

>Gives poison jab/gunk shot 50% chance to poison
>Gives poison fang 70% chance to badly poison
>Gives knock off/crunch 30% chance to poison

Yeah ok dude whatever you say
>>
File: 1000.png (71KB, 597x185px) Image search: [Google]
1000.png
71KB, 597x185px
>>30274934
>STAB Ground is good

Nothing new there, pure Ground is fucking disgusting typing
>>
Toucannon. She shocked me. I loved Pikipek when I first saw it so the evolutions let me down (it's just a toucan), but holy fuck she was so reliable and so strong, and Beak Blast is fucking great.
>>
>>30275031
why is rapetree so good

people always sing its praises, I never used it
>>
File: 1438922883803.jpg (256KB, 747x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1438922883803.jpg
256KB, 747x1000px
>Incineroar
My highest leveled guy and I didn't evolve my Litten till lvl 36 for Flamethrower. He did pretty good most of the time though sometimes I felt his power was lacking. Still, definitely acceptable in terms work done. Clicking Thrash and walking away from the 3DS was how much I trusted that dude.

>Tsareena
Her coverage may have been "eh" but her bulk and surprisingly enough, the combo of Trop Kick and Acrobatics. were well enough to take care of most things that didnt resist. Queenly Majesty was perfect against Guzma bug lead. Never touched my team once.

>Oranguru
Power definitely lacking but he could tank a hit or two pretty well. His coverage also didn't take very long to get good once you pick up Psychic/Shadow Ball/. He even learns Nasty Plot early so he can deal damage. Wasn't too, too bad.

>Vikavolt
Surprisingly tanked a lot of hits and he always replied back with good damage. Got fed up with waiting for Poni Canyon so got him an island earlier by trading with a friend to level up in his poni place. Didn't want him to skip Bug Buzz but he was falling behind as a lvl 30 Charjabug. I'd always thought he'd get 2HKO'd by something but he always lived.

>Alola Dugtrio
Granted, I did commit to A-Dug at the beginning of poni place, he immediately made his reliability known via his speed and fantastic coverage in Magnitude/Rock Tomb/Iron Head. Got me through Lusamine's Clef for sure.

>Kommo-O
Barely got em at the end before the E4, She was ok though underleveled slightly. I'm sure she would have been better in the long run.
>>
Alolan Raichu is broken as fuck
>>
>>30274869
>Grinder/Muk
>New

kys yourself
>>
File: 2025292.jpg (118KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
2025292.jpg
118KB, 800x600px
>>30274869
is she the best? no, but i dont think id ever replace her.
>>
>>30275372
So I'm guessing you're one of those fags that doesn't consider Alolan forms "new" pokemon ?
>>
>>30275372
genwunner detected
>>
File: 817.jpg (61KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
817.jpg
61KB, 500x281px
>>30275136
>Be part of the "literally my mom's toucan" brigade before playing the game
>Trumbeak evolves
>Seeing the beak heat up animation the first time
>>
File: comfey.png (202KB, 639x719px) Image search: [Google]
comfey.png
202KB, 639x719px
Better than expected
>>
File: ribombee.png (91KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ribombee.png
91KB, 500x500px
>>30274869
A total monster and becomes a Warlord of Death and Destruction after learning Quiver Dance.
>>
This bitch is 10 levels ahead of everyone else on my team. Not my fault she wrecks everything.
>>
>>30275268
See, I get it's the pseudo of the region, but why did they put Jango-o so darn late you almost can't use it? Even just last thing on island 3/first thing on island 4 would have been better.
>>
Lycanroc midday form. Accelrock is a great move and i loved the design
>>
>>30275724
To be fair that's kinda how most of the pseudo-legendaries work. The exceptions being Gible in Platinum, Drantini to an extent, etc.
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
>catch one for dex
>does pretty decent so decide to keep for a while
>keep him until second island, catch a bunch of new stuff and box him to make room
>get murdered in water trial twice
>decide to swap him with torracat just for the trial since type disadvantage etc
>solos the trial despite being slightly underlevened
>dat hustle, dat silk scarf hyper fang, dat z move
>kept starter boxed and used raticate from then all the way through e4

My bro.
>>
File: ribombro.png (253KB, 561x677px) Image search: [Google]
ribombro.png
253KB, 561x677px
>>30275665
This. Ribombee is my favorite bug now and I used to monobug the fuck out of B2W2.

Nicknamed mine Armstrong.
>>
Once this thing learnt Shell Smash, it was smooth sailing from Poni Island to the rest of the game. Unbelievably good.

Will also echo the Tsareena sentiments too, I haven't enjoyed using a Grass type that much since Lilligant.
>>
File: team.jpg (302KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
team.jpg
302KB, 1920x1080px
I loved Muk since the trailer, loved how she turned out on my team.

Ribombee and Salazzle I was surprised with, ended up using them both.

Decidueye, Wishiwashi and Mimikyu were always going on my team.

Going to play Sun soon and use pic related as my team, going to give myself the full dex so I can get the shiny charm early and chain myself shiny Mareanie.
>>
>>30274869
tfw i love my grimer so much I'll probably end up boxing this raichu for mimikyu instead
>>
>>30274979
That's a cool nickname, anon.

>>30275912

It does feel nice having a competent grass member on the team. I've always had a soft spot for kick fighters and I'm loving the type coverage.
>>
File: 1406356677993.png (248KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1406356677993.png
248KB, 500x375px
always thought toucannon was ugly as fuck mostly cause it looked like it was pissed off most of the time
but i got pikipek early on in my journey and i grew to love it
>>
File: 1200px-745Lycanroc.png (624KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-745Lycanroc.png
624KB, 1200x1200px
Accelerock all day long
>>
File: horse.jpg (304KB, 798x1000px) Image search: [Google]
horse.jpg
304KB, 798x1000px
>>30274934
took the words right out of my mouth
>>
>>30274991
I still don't quite understand the thought process behind high horsepower

>a sort-of-exclusive move
>a weaker earthquake that can miss
>everything that gets High Horsepower gets Earthquake anyways
>>
any love for alolan dugtrio? theyre my boys now
>>
>>30274869
Just caught an adamant poison touch Grimer at the school. Think I'll keep and use him, should be pretty good stuff.
>>
File: 1463025834433.gif (495KB, 202x196px) Image search: [Google]
1463025834433.gif
495KB, 202x196px
>>30276940
male version
not reminiscent of twisted sister
>>
Mimikyu in my moon run. It was so cute I had to max out its affection in Refresh ASAP and the results were hilarious. Every important battle this lil nigga was like

>Dodge
>Dodge
>Kill
>Dodge
>BUSTED
>Kill
>Survived 1HKO
>Cured its own status
>Kill
>Super Potion
>Dodge

I swear I could slaughter half a team with just this little cunt, which meant a lot more than usual in that run because my team was built on the fly which meant a lot of type overlap and being massacred by random mons that exploited my common weaknesses.

Honorable mention to Salazzle in my current run, who has taken up Mimikyu's mantle of refresh-dodging every other move and slaughtering entire teams with no effort.
>>
>>30276905
Because in-game, Earthquake is only learned through level up near the end of the game and the Earthquake TM unobtainable until post-game. High Horsepower has the advantage of being usable early on because the Pokemon that learn Earthquake get High Horsepower much earlier.
>>
>>30276974
Poison fang is god tier for totems
>>
Mimikyu was definitely the mvp of my playthrough, but Turtonator and Bewear are the ones who truly surprised me. Mostly because the entire board called them shitmons non stop when the game was leaked.
>>
>>30276905
Ground option if you want to use it on Grass Terrain (Snorlax learns it) since Earthquake's power is halved.
>>
>>30276940
Caught a Diglett for the sake of it, carried it around for the sake of it, now it's part of the team.

I'm just sick of combing its fucking hair every time it battles.
>>
File: 250px-104Cubone.png (58KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-104Cubone.png
58KB, 250x250px
I was down all of my serious Pokemon against the fire trail. (No Z-move run)
And I only had this still half health fucker because I only recently caught it on the way and it soloed both Totem Salazzle and it's ally Salandit with Bone Club. Going to be my bro for life
>>
>>30277605
Honestly Bewear disappointed the fuck out of me
>>
>>30274869
Every new Pokemon is so fucking slow
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.