[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is he a legendary pokemon? I've heard different people claim

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

File: 250px-773Silvally.png (45KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-773Silvally.png
45KB, 250x250px
is he a legendary pokemon?
I've heard different people claim him as being both
>>
>>30273653
Fuck if I know
This generation introduced the first legendary to ever have an evolution line, so pretty much anything is possible
>>
>>30273653
Catch it and see what Rotom says.
>>
Yes.
So are UBs.
>>
>>30274152
rotom just gets confused and excited
>>
>>30273653
It's categorised in the database as sublegend (like tapus, birds and so on)
>>
>>30273653
>evolves
>no 600/580 bst
>>
>>30274274
>tapus aren't legendaries
>lunala/solgaleo isn't a legendary
>>
As far as I can tell he's just a manmade abomination pokemon like porygon
>>
File: 1477364738205.png (131KB, 241x245px) Image search: [Google]
1477364738205.png
131KB, 241x245px
I was disappointed how downplayed this shit was in game

Seems like they just told the story with pre-release information and then kinda just gave it to you, I expected it to at least have some part of the story

But if you ask me everything Aether was rushed out of the ass anyway
>>
>>30274284
Sol/Luna are pseudos, they are three stage mons with high bst
>>
>>30273653
Seeing as all legends and ubs are shiny locked while he isnt

He is not a legendary
>>
>>30273653
It's a gene engineered pokémon, it doesn't breed because it has a clusterfuck of a dna and Lusamine probably didn't even give it a benis.

To my eyes it's just a castrated Porygon.
>>
>>30273653

He is a synthetic pokemon designed as a combat beast......what about that is legendary? Are there legends about the scientists who synthesized him?

>>30274179

>UBs are legendary

Fuck off with this meme
>>
>>30275451

>He is a synthetic pokemon designed as a combat beast......what about that is legendary? Are there legends about the scientists who synthesized him?

So Mewtwo isn't a legendary?
>>
>>30275515
Guess Genesect isn't either.
>>
>>30275380
>Solgaleo/Lunala
>pseudo
Come back when you know the real definition of that word.
>>
>>30275451
>same background as the tapus
>same sparkling names
>explicitly grouped with azelf/zapdos/etc in the games code
UBs and Silvally are legendaries. Give up you autist.
>>
>>30275589
I mean I had a "quest" to literally catch 4 of the same UB. Mechanically they are Legendary. Realistically... Hell no.
>>
>>30275451
Its in the code, they're legendary
>>
>>30275515

Mewtwo killed a bunch of people and left a destroyed laboratory in his wake while he hid in a cave for years....that's long enough for rumors to start but I wouldn't consider it "legendary" in the literal sense of the word, if anything the people who made him wanted knowledge about him to go away.

>>30275539

Tbqh I don't consider him so, no.

People have a misconception about what "legendary" means in pokemon....if it's something rare people call it legendary, but I don't recall hearing any fucking legends about heatran or volcanion.

>>30275589

You're grasping at straws like erroneous lines of data we never see in the game coding and you're calling me an autist? Piss off.

>>30275627

I'm just tired of people associating a rare pokemon you only see one of with "legendary". There are no fucking legends about Silvally.
>>
>>30275666
>You're grasping at straws like erroneous lines of data we never see in the game coding and you're calling me an autist?
What the fuck does that sentence even mean?
>>
>>30275666
It's you who has a misconception. Maybe you could've salvaged this if you didn't say anything about Heatran or Volcanion, but they've officially been called Legendary Pokemon (in Volcanion's case, a Mythical Pokemon) by Gamefreak and other official sources.

Your headcanon about what makes a legendary is wrong, and it's been proven wrong by the official sources.
>>
Full Sub Legend List and Regular Legends List
https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/799322666079551488

https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/799324958770032641
>>
>>30275666
Silvally and the UBs are sublegendaries, this is confirmed by both the pokedex and the game's internal code. If you refuse to accept this just because you invented some arbitrary definition of what a legendary has to be/not be for you it's you who are autistic.
>>
>>30275732

>They got called legends so they're legendary

Look I just really hate this logic. It's like when Disney releases a movie and calls it an "instant classic"....we've never heard of the damn movie till now, what's classic about it?

All this is going to do is allow people to hate someone who uses Silvally for using "legendaries" against them. I can't stand this label being arbitrarily applied to balanced pokemon just so people can have a reason to talk shit when they lose to them.

>>30275799

This is the kind of fag I'm talking about, he's probably also in the "Gamefreak should just ban all legendaries from competitive" threads.
>>
>>30275843
literally in the games code as legendary m8
>>
>>30275843

>Spot me skeeter probably good enough for BL/OU.
>Treated in the same category as fug and the 700 BST monsters
>>
>>30273653
explain to me how using memories to change his type is better than just ignoring his ability and going expert belt timid silvally with flamethrower etc
>>
>>30275889

This, someone is going to see it and sperg out on you for using "legendaries", it never fails and I'm tired of seeing it.
>>
>>30275843
Yeah man I can't stand shitters who have to resort to using such overpowered legendary Pokemon as Articuno, Moltres, Meloetta, Kyurem and Phione.

I only play with REAL normal balanced Pokemon like Blaziken, Aegislash, Kangaskhan. Silvally isn't a legendary because I want to use him and if he was a legendary that'd mean he was cheap like Diancie and Regigigas.
>>
>>30275843
>All this is going to do is allow people to hate someone who uses Silvally for using "legendaries" against them. I can't stand this label being arbitrarily applied to balanced pokemon
This board has a minimum age requirement that you either mentally or physically do not meet.

Legendary status has nothing to do with power, and hasn't since Phione.
>>
>>30273653
I'd consider it Pseudo-legendary, personally.
>>
>>30275843
The difference is thats the only criteria for legends
>>
File: 1461881888893.jpg (39KB, 419x281px) Image search: [Google]
1461881888893.jpg
39KB, 419x281px
>>30276050

Clearly you lack the ability to comprehend the context of comments you're reading so I'm going to spell it out for you nice and clear.

If that's how you feel about the subject then you aren't the target audience for that comment. I have seen a metric ton of threads where people are just rioting about how all "legendaries" should be banned. There's no logic or reason behind it, they just want "legendaries" gone because in their eyes they are unfair and should be banned from their otherwise pristine game.

There is no arguing with these people. If a pokemon is "legendary" by any definition of the word then they hate it and you should burn in hell for disagreeing with them....and it's that kind of shit that makes me wish we could just stop throwing around the label. It gives idiots a reason to hate things that by all accounts don't deserve the hate.

Now kindly fuck off before you hurt your brain further.
>>
>>30275889
>>Treated in the same category as fug and the 700 BST monsters
That's not even true, there are three categories.
>sublegends (like azelf, not banned from VGC)
>box legends (like fug, usually banned from VGC)
>mythicals (eventmons, always banned from VGC)
>>
>>30275843
When people answer the thread they are answering from the point of view of objective classification (aka. the game's coding)

They are not debating with you whether something -should or should not- be a legendary. They are just stating that it is. Whatever private opinions you have about that is your own personal business, it is irrelevant to the discussion

If you want to discuss about how some legendaries -should- be unbanned then that's a separate topic altogether.
>>
>>30276226

Fair enough, It's just highly illogical that this thing is classified as a "legendary", game coding or not.
>>
legends are yellow
green is for something less than legends

not hard
>>
>>30273919
>First legendary to have an evolutionary line
>Phione - Manaphy
>>
>>30276355
>tapu koko isn't a legend
>>
File: 1476064164516.jpg (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1476064164516.jpg
11KB, 200x200px
>>30276383
>>
>>30276273
It's Mewtwo fashioned after Arceus. It cannot breed and you only get one per game.
That's about as legendary as it gets, at least going by legendary as a Pokemon term.
>>
>>30276383
Phione doesn't evolve you retard.
>>
>>30276383
I'm still waiting for a held item that lets Phione evolve into Manaphy.

Maybe in the DP remakes, if Game Freak knows what it's doing. I could easily see Phione given out mid-game like 10% Zygarde, with its evo item locked away until postgame, or locked behind a wifi event.

Won't happen, but it'd be nice.
>>
>>30276383

Phione doesn't evolve into Manaphy you fucking retard.
>>
>>30276273
No you're just fucking autistic.

"It's not a legend because there are no legends about it!" That's fucking autistic levels of hair splitting. That's a dumb fucking rule that you made up because IT IS LOGICAL :)
>>
>>30276451
I just want it unbanned from Wi-Fi.
>can create infinite copies
>sucks ass
>but it's banned because "it's unfair not everyone can get one"

>meanwhile Zoroak was allowed when it was event exclusive and stupid shit like Sheer Cold Suicune and other obscure event moves only hackers have access to are AOK
>>
>>30273653
the game considers it in the same category as the latis and the trios so yes
>>
>>30276515
That would be fair, yes.

I'm sure Phione could find a niche in VGC if it was allowed.

And if they improved its movepool a little.
>>
>>30276383
Manaphy is just a discount Phone, literally

that's like implying Silvally is the prevo of Arceus
>>
Nebby won't stay in the bag because it reeks of Repels.
>>
I usually just go by what they're called or known as in-universe or by official sources. Some Pokemon might often be considered legendary even though fans may not have seen that much lore surrounding them simply because it is said or spoken of in-game.
>>
>>30276723
Holy shit, that actually makes sense
>>
>>30275650
This. UBs are just as much legendaries as Articuno and Raikou.
>>
>>30276671
Other way around dude
>>
Here's the simple question

Does the "no legendary" filter filter out UBs and Silvally? Then there you go
>>
This is all like implying Arcanine is a legendary because the Pokedex refers to it as "The Legendary Pokemon"

Please stop this elementary playground bs.
>>
>>30277065
This.
>>
>>30276978
>she's torturing him by forcing him in there
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.