[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> Defense and Speed switch places HP 60 ATT 80 DEF 45 SAT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 1479773772994s.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1479773772994s.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
> Defense and Speed switch places

HP 60
ATT 80
DEF 45
SAT 50
SDF 80
SPE 110

What does this change?
>>
>>30270882
He no longer hard counters all the UBs and becomes worthless. Mariwak isn't supposed to be fast.
>>
File: 1376620330141.jpg (31KB, 638x638px) Image search: [Google]
1376620330141.jpg
31KB, 638x638px
>>30270908
>effective 209 base attack and 110 base speed
>worthless
>>
>>30270882
Anon he's actually pretty good as is. Go on showdown he's on like every other fucking team right now because he wrecks UB's, Genesect, and Topu Keku.

Not everything needs to be "le speedy sweeper" to be good. Stop.
>>
>>30270974
There's a million physical sweepers in the game already. A-Marowak is fantastic at what it does right now that very few pokemon do. Don't mess with it.
>>
>>30270882
Its fine as is
>>
>>30271080
that's nice and all but it's still far from worthless with those stats. And it actually hold its own individually instead of being dependent on what the meta is using. If any of the popular UBs or Tapus get banned it suddenly becomes worthless.
>>
>>30270974
>sucker punch bitch bait
>not worthless
>>
>>30270882
What is trick room?
>>
>>30271187
A meme perpetuated by faggots who don't actually play competitive and think it magically makes any slow pokemon viable.

>>30271168
You're right, if only there was some sort of new terrain built specifically to counter this kind of thing!

I hate not being able to use Pheromosa with those frail defenses because of the lack of counters for priority!
>>
>>30271264
the only meme going on here is that people think this mon needs to be changed to be "viable". He's very good already.

He's giving UB's and Tapu's his THICC club as we speak.
>>
>>30271160
It has three immunites, has tremendous physical bulk and hits like a truck right back while also being able to cripple your opponents physical mons.

It won't be worthless, just not OU.
>>
>>30271070

Surprise, /vg/ knows nothing about competitive.
>>
>>30271334
literally all OP asked is what it changes. he didn't say Marowak isn't viable. And Marowak isn't viable because of trick room, people need to get that retarded meme out of here.
>>
>>30271370
>literally all OP asked is what it changes

And everyone says it gets worse than it is now. Answer achieved.
>>
>>30271370
>guys what would happen if Marowak was a fast frail attacker?

You know he was thinking it though.
>>
>>30271445
>And everyone says it gets worse than it is now

Except it doesn't you retard.

God like physical sweeper regardless of what the meta is using > anti meta Pokemon that drops as soon as things get banned.

It doesn't matter that your bro is a special snowflake instead of another physical sweeper. It would just be better with those stats.

>>30271353
>It won't be worthless, just not OU.

i.e. it would be worthless in OU. There's no reason to use it without half the meta being fairies and UBs that happen to get cockblocked by it.

>>30271448
no you don't.
>>
>>30270882
He tanks worse now but outspeeds many bank threats?
Look, I understand where you're coming from, but this is a rather poor idea, right now, marowak is actually seeing WAY MORE PLAY than it could've dreamed of post gen 2, and to add to that, it's literally a fucking legendary killer, which for most non-megas, especially for a alolan Mon who didn't even get a fucking stat change nor a proper alolan pre-evo, is fucking incredible on its own
>Inb4 Lel, UBs and tapus aren't legendaries cuz 570 haha retard
Please go find a pile of rotting shit and eat it for me please?
Anyways, its natural tankiness is what's helping out the most right now, so it's better not to think what could be
especially since gamefreak has been doing some listening to the fans, and they might be dumb enough to cripple one of the best alolan forms right now
>>
File: 10 int.png (165KB, 303x311px) Image search: [Google]
10 int.png
165KB, 303x311px
>>30271569
>there's no reason to use it besides the reason to use it
>>
>>30271569
It would just get banned itself and then be just as worthless
Your basing it being banned on hypotheticals anyway. The only thing likely to be banned is pheromosa
>>
>>30270882
> 1HKO by Knock Off
>>
>>30271569
>It would just be better with those stats.

Look what happened to Lucario. Sweepers get outpaced and replaced because they are one trick ponies. Anti-meta pokemon are much more valuable and can actually come back as metas swing.

>>30271770
If Celesteela does not get banned I'll seriously consider stopping playing competitive pokemon.
>>
>>30271804
Better stop playing now then.
>>
>>30271756
Read the post again. You're missing the point. Cookie cutter good > situationally good.

>>30271770
>It would just get banned itself and then be just as worthless
I can still use it on Battle Spot or a future gen with consistent results that isn't reliant on my opponent also using UBs.

>>30271804
>Anti-meta pokemon are much more valuable and can actually come back as metas swing.
no they just become worthless and stay worthless. Things that get banned generally don't come back.
>>
>>30271804
Except Lucario got left in the dust thanks to 4MSS and terrible 90 Speed, while a hypothetical Marowak w/ 110 Speed would get consistent results thanks to 110 being an actual magic speed number and Maro itself have an auto Swords Dance and enough slots to run all the coverage it needs.

Even if it lost the bulk it needs to check the UBs, it still has just the right amount of pros to be a good phys cleaner/sweeper. original marowak by comparison would be somewhat overwhelmed
>>
>>30270974
>too slow for that defense
>too fast for Trick Room

It would be shit.
>>
>>30272425
Haha yeah guys Pheromosa is shit!
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.