[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Pokemon you hated at first, but ended up being bro-tier.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: cheeky.png (138KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
cheeky.png
138KB, 500x500px
ITT: Pokemon you hated at first, but ended up being bro-tier.

Pic related, I had planned to box this fat-faced fucker, but he ended up being an absolute hardass.
>>
>>30267744
Same
>>
File: Ribombee.jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ribombee.jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
>Early game bug
>Evolves at a ridiculously low level
>"It'll last me until I get access to stronger fairy I guess..."

I was so wrong....it blew my mind how useful this thing was.

It was the second member of my team and the only pokemon I caught on the first island to stay on it through the entire game. This little cutie is a beast and I fully plan on breeding one for wifi battles (as soon as I catch a good Lunala and am able to move on with my life....)
>>
>>30271232
I'm so glad I ditched the dancing birds for this thing after seeing their move pools are complete crap. Totally worth it
>>
>>30271336

>Dancing birds

I know this is a thread for unexpected non shit mons but on the flip side, those birds are the single biggest disappointment in the entire game for me. I can understand their offensive movepool being limited but why and the fuck would a special attacking pokemon designed around dancing not get quiver dance? It's criminal....
>>
>>30271232
Ribombee is a 10/10 perfect Bugbro. Decent special attack, great speed, five weaknesses BUT five resistances and an immunity to balance it out, absolutely incredibly movepool...

Biggest surprise of the generation for me.
>>
File: 461.jpg (275KB, 1280x950px) Image search: [Google]
461.jpg
275KB, 1280x950px
>>30267744
This motherfucker has gotten me through the clutch

>totem Salazzle about to sweep my team, full health, partner salandit is up
>only hope is Raticate's Z-move
>Hustle-boosted Hyper Fang Breakneck Blitz oneshots it

and then later

>up against Faba
>hustle crunch almost one-shots his hypno
>confuse ray
>fuck.jpg
>snaps out of confusion immediately to quick attack

not to mention it has decent enough bulk to take some hits, the only time its fainted for me so far is from totem mimkyu's play rough
>>
>being surprised with how useful raticate is or even hating it
You faggots can't pokeyman. Raticate has always been great at in-game.
>>
>>30267744
>catch yungoos
>name it Trump
>fucking normal pokemon is annoying as fuck
>doesn't learn any decent attacks
then it got the first attacks where it bites the enemies which are strenghtened by its ability
>evolves to gumshoos
>becomes pretty much my last resort if my other pokemon fail

pretty gud I guess.
>>
>>30271773
Because their gimmick is to copy the weirder dance moves like Dragon Dance. It was obvious from day 1 that they wouldn't have access to them normally.
>>
File: crabrawler.png (145KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
crabrawler.png
145KB, 500x500px
>plan to use Kommo-o at the start of my run
>try to collect some berries on the first island
>get attacked by a Crabrawler
>think that it and its evolution look a bit weird
>heard that they were pretty awkward to find so I caught it
>decided to keep it in my party because I had the space and it covered some of my team's weaknesses, still planned to replace it once I got a Kommo-o at the earliest opportunity
>Exp. Share meant that it remained at the same level as the rest of my party
>Crabrawler actually does pretty well in some battles where I needed it
>eventually make it to Vast Poni Canyon
>catch a Hakamo-o just after the final trial
>box Crabrawler and head into Ultra Space
>Lillie scolds Lusamine for treating Pokemon and people like objects that she can just collect
>feel a bit guilty for boxing Crabrawler despite it being on my team for so long
>bring Crabrawler back on my team and head towards Lanakila
>it manages to tank a hit from Gladion's Weavile, OHKOs it, wins the battle and evolves straight after

It's like the game was designed for me to choose it.
>>
>>30273423
this.

pretty much every game since diamond/pearl you could just capture the first 5 new mons and keep them in your party through the elite 4
>>
File: persian.jpg (31KB, 450x225px) Image search: [Google]
persian.jpg
31KB, 450x225px
>>30267744
Has anybody been able to find love for Alolan Persian?

I still hate it, and (original) Persian is my favorite Pokémon. I want to learn to love Alolan Persian, but I'm not sure if it's possible.
>>
>>30267744
This asshole hits way too hard. I keep forgetting it has hustle and it keeps getting my Pokemon in the red. And they're everywhere too.
>>
>>30274926
Dude, the Alola version is GOAT just by having Fur Coat. You're missing out on best cat.
>>
>>30275005
>always disliked Pikachu from the anime for constantly jobbing
>get a pichu on first isle oh thats cool keep her on
>eventually ditch her
>Need a psychic type and figured might as well get the dex entry.

Bretty cool moves for a psychic rat
>>
>>30275005
Fair point! I just wish they could have made it look less ridiculous. Even a fat body to match the fat face would have been better.
>>
File: 1480121883857.png (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1480121883857.png
1MB, 1600x1200px
>"eh mareanie/toxapex seem alright"
>save corrupts, back to the start
>anon here giving away his bold regenerator breedjects
>get one
>decide to use it
>total monster and walled so much shit it was insane
Total sis , love this thing now.
>>
>>30267744
Eviolite Alolan Rattata since I prefer the design

I WILL HAVE A TOP TEIR RAT
>>
My Mom's Toucan
>>
File: Toxapex.png (130KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Toxapex.png
130KB, 500x500px
>>30275172
What anon? I might know who you're talking about, and yeah, Mareanie is top tier.
>>
>>30271232
>>30271870
That fucking defense tho.
>>
>>30274926
Its animations are pretty good. It gets a little better when you realize all Alolans are meant to be goofy.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.