[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>least popular starter >turns out to be the best of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: popplio bullying shitmon.png (178KB, 770x562px) Image search: [Google]
popplio bullying shitmon.png
178KB, 770x562px
>least popular starter
>turns out to be the best of the three
When in doubt, bet on water.
>>
>>30266164
Fire has Balzekin and Charizard, Grass has Serperior and venusuar, Water has Greninja.

Water has the least number of competitive starters. Do not bet on water.
>>
>>30266227
Swampert was by far the best starter and a staple of OU in gen III and IV and Empoleon was one of the few checks to stop a boosted up Kingdra in gen IV

Blaziken and Charizard were garbage all the way up until Gen VI
>>
File: 1480197847818.png (205KB, 455x457px)
1480197847818.png
205KB, 455x457px
>>30266227
>only weakness is grass
>can learn Ice Punch
Swampert is great fuck you
>>
I'm not sure if it's actually the best. It has a great typing and good stats but a pretty poor movepool. (no healing moves)
>>
>>30266227
Water has the best starters competitively, what are you talking about?

Did you literally forget Empoleon, Feraligatr, and Swampert exists?
>>
>>30266381
>>30266476
>WE WUZ OU

Waterfags everyone
>>
>>30266582
I remember they exist and that they are average. Pretty good in your battles v your friends does not make them competitive.
>>
>>30266625
>i was just pretending to be retarded

Everytime
>>
>>30266680
You can't call Empoleon, Feraligatr, and especially Swampert average when you put Venusaur, Charizard, and Serperior on your list.
>>
It might be easier to list starters that have almost always sucked.

>non-mega Charizard
>Meganium
>Typhlosion
>Torterra
>Emboar
>Samurott
>Delphox

Everything else has had some success, even if it's just hanging out in UU. (ie: Blastoise)
>>
>>30266164
>Slow frail attacker.

At least the owl gets sucker punch.
>>
>>30266785
>You can't call these average when you put 3 OU mons on your list

Anon Charizard especially is quite common in competitive, I literally cannot even remember the last time I saw an Emploeon, Feraligator, or Swampert.

I will give you that Swampert might actually be pretty strong now because of swift swim and the changes to mega evo but his stone is currently unavailable in S/M
>>
>>30266164
I like it the best but it isn't the beset of the three. If anything it's probably the worst competitively, at least until it gets a few better moves/it's stats changed/it's HA fixed. Or in other words, never.
>>
>>30266909
Blastoise was RU last time I checked, and so were Emboar and Delphox.
>>
>>30266227
>Grass has Serperior and venusuar
>FUCKING SERPERIOR AND VENUSAUR COUNT BUT SWAMPERT DOESN'T
>>
>>30266909
Torterra was OU for a little bit in Gen IV some how, no idea why
>>
>>30267011
I listed all starters OU or higher anon, Swampert isn't one of them. He might become one though once his stone is released in S/M, we'll see.
>>
>>30266991
Incineroar is by far the worst
>>
>>30266938
>Smogon
Even though they're common/OU, they're extremely predictable and are still shit. Even by smogon standards, Empoleon and Swampert and both still UU, even without megas.
>>
>>30267081
Not once it's HA is released. Primarina has a ton of water and fairy types to compete with and it really has nothing going for it. Decidueye and Incineroar have somewhat unique niches they can fill. Primarina doesn't. Anything it can do, there are at least three others that can do it better. Only hope it has for competitive use is that GF decides to at least fix it's broken HA.
>>
>>30267171
>e-even though they're used a-a-allot they're still shit and th-these ones no one plays are better!

anon it's fine that you like them but they aren't that good. I love lots of crappy pokemon but I don't go pretending they're top tier and just nobody knows or something.
>>
>>30266992

The point was to highlight starters that were never good, not starters that are still good. Though I guess "good" might be stretching it for the likes of Blastoise and Sceptile.
>>
>>30266381
>Blaziken
>Ever garbage
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.