[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never played any of them, can someone recommend which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

I've never played any of them, can someone recommend which order to play them in? What's the gameplay like?
>>
File: 1478316183426.jpg (186KB, 400x821px) Image search: [Google]
1478316183426.jpg
186KB, 400x821px
>>30259846
They're not for everyone. I'm still sad I will never be able to fully enjoy any MD series because of the gameplay not suiting me.
>>
>>30259846
I'd say play Blue Rescue Team, then Explorers of Sky. Don't bother with anything released after that, it's trash.

The gameplay is a surprisingly difficult and at times unforgiving dungeoncrawler with some pretty infuriating mechanics at times, but the STORY is among one of the most emotional and feels-inducing games I have ever played.
>>
>>30260049
Nah, Super Mystery Dungeon is good.
And if you can pirate it/get it cheap, even Gates to Infinity is alright. It's just a severe lack of mons/content that makes it not worth the full 40 bucks.
>>
File: 1449126214168.jpg (73KB, 376x404px) Image search: [Google]
1449126214168.jpg
73KB, 376x404px
They're roguelikes. Dungeon crawlers. So they're sort-of turn-based. I'm not good at describing things. The mechanics are all there though; Pokemon types, moves, stats, etc.

Personally, I'd recommend Blue version first. Red/Blue Rescue Team are mostly the same, but Blue has higher quality music. It's based on Gen 3 mechanics, so it may be a little outdated. Give it a try though. You can obtain all 386 Pokemon.

I recommend Blue first because Explorers of Sky is so much better in every way that if you play it first it'll be impossible to go back. Based on Gen 4 mechanics, so it's more up-to-date. You can obtain all 492 Pokemon (No Arceus because Nintendo said so).

Finally, there's Super Mystery Dungeon, probably the strongest entry in the series. All 721 Pokemon obtainable. Same gameplay as before, most regard it as the hardest game. Uses Gen 6 mechanics.
Don't listen to this faggot >>30260049 Super is great.

There's also Gates to Infinity (the Gen 5 one). It sucks. The story is decent though, so watch a Let's Play or something.

If you're a sucker for sob stories, be prepared to cry. A lot.
>>
Play Red Rescue Team, than Sky. Haven't gotten around to the 3DS games yet.

Both Rescue Team and Exporers are objectively the best Pokemon games, including the main series.
>>
Blue, Sky and Super Mystery Dungeon are all very solid. But like the main games, the more you go back, the more outdated it gets. Though it's not really hurting the games.

They're turn based dungeon crawlers with randomized dungeons. There's a lot to do in these games, especially in Sky. The games can get very difficult, but they're also really beloved for their stories. Sky has a really amazing story, I loved SMD too, though people are mixed on that.

If you only have time for one game or just want to see what the series is about, I'd definitely recommend Sky. SMD is great too, but it arguably takes some time to show its colors.
>>
Sky is universally considered good among fans of the series, but Super Mystery Dungeon tends to get a more varied response from people. Some people really love the updates, but others dislike them. The story's also a bit weaker (but only because Sky set the bar pretty high).
>>
Super Mystery Dungeon is LOADED with little nods to past entries (even the obscure-ass Wii games). They're mostly throwaway lines that won't really affect your enjoyment of the game if you miss them, but you should probably play it last if you intend to play the entire series.
>>
Blue Rescue Team is basic bitch, but it's the first, play that. Then Sky, which is the best in terms of story, pacing, and content. If you semi enjoyed Sun and Moon from the main games, i'd argue that Sky takes a page from that book, since your partner Poke and Lillie are a bit similar.

SMD is much weaker on story, but the mechanics picks up in difficulty, and encourages you to use items, unlike the other games.

Over all, personally, i've always been the biggest fan of Sky.
>>
>>30260381
I have to say, Rescue Team still holds up to this day. Doesn't feel dated, unlike the main series Gen III games.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.