[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to cheese the Battle Tree: Smeargle @ Focus Sash Ability:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: ghost.png (99KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ghost.png
99KB, 500x500px
How to cheese the Battle Tree:

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Moody
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Atk / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Spore
- Quiver Dance
- Baton Pass
- Endeavor

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Leech Life
>>
Explain to someone who doesn't understand the mechanics of pokemon aside from typing the strategy of this
>>
>>30260153
Moody will boost some stats, which will then be Baton Passed to Mimikyu along with Quiver Dance's buff. Mimikyu gains 30% bonus attack from the Life Orb (at the expense of some HP when it attacks).
>>
Why no pass shell smash over instead of quiver dance?
>>
>>30260277
>2065+35-84, year of our Lord
>gambling
Shigulus Digulus
>>
>>30260277
Shell Smash can work but I prefer to be safe because the Tree cheats with Bright Powder and Quick Claw and stuff
>>
Why the multiple 0 IVs for Smeargle?
>>
>>30260473
Well then why no D dance, the mimikyu set has no special attacks so quiver dance seem like a waist
>>
>>30260514
Trick the game into thinking you're a shittier Pokemon than you really are.
>>
>>30260514
probably to make sure your focus sash triggers and you can endeavor
>>
>>30260528
>waist
nigga what
>>
File: A complete waist.jpg (7KB, 249x138px) Image search: [Google]
A complete waist.jpg
7KB, 249x138px
>>30260702
You heard him.
>>
>lose chain because of fucking moody
fuck the battle tree. It's either the AI is retarded and has a stall team to make the fight last for an extra 20 minutes because they can't win or fucking bullshit like Double Team Moody spam
>>
What does winning the battle tree get you? A stamp on your trainer card?
>>
>>30261570
cheese
>>
>Batton passing a special buff to a physical attacker
Genius, OP.
>>
>>30261570
Yes. 1 stamp each for battle type.
>>
>>30261695
I haven't tried it yet but this thread makes it sound hard as fuck. How bad is it?
>>
>>30259771
>Abomasnow's Snow Warning!
>It started to hail!
>>
you could use Ass. Vest Pheromosa, hit lunge and you have win button
>>
>>30261664
I think this is a Verlisify thread
>>
>>30260780
that is a mighty lewd image there friend
>>
>>30261720
Well you know how in the Maison the first 20 battle are a lot easier than the Super Battles? Well yeah it's still the same, aside from the first 20 battles are just as hard and tailor-made to counter your team.
>>
>>30259771
Where can I double battle to teach Smeargle moves?
>>
>>30261976
route 2, use adrenaline orb first turn, wait for smeargle to struggle itself down and call for help. murder struggling smeargle with a move, then catch its friend who sketches your move
>>
>>30259771
My strategy was:
Minior-Meteor @ White Herb
Ability: Shields Down
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 148 SpA / 108 Spe
Naive Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Power Gem
- Shell Smash

Mimikyu @ Red Card
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Xurkitree @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot

And it pretty much carried me all the way through super singles. For some reason the game freaks out really bad with minior and mimikyu. They will always try to status minior down over and over. He'll take most neutral hits and go into shields-down, but be careful for hydro pump and stone edge

Once the game tries to start countering your lead pokemon, Mimikyu is the best switch in ever.

Xurkitree was mostly for cleanup and took care of the slow, heavy rock types that the game tries to counter with later in the run. Easily replaceable with a different poke
>>
>>30263978
This is pretty good. I'll give this a shot myself.
What is Ya Boy's hidden power- Ice supposed to be for? Is it just some shit you ended up with?
>>
>>30264394
dragons/grass/lighter groundmons
Probably swappable if you want, but his movepool is surprisingly meh. Almost never gets used over grass knot but its saved me from a flygon that somehow didn't 1shot me
>>
>>30264614
I'm actually looking at damage calcs now and wondering how that flygon on battle spot didn't kill me. Must have not been EV trained because all of his common sets 1shots xurkitree with EQ
>>
>>30259771
Sorry but I prefer actually playing the game.
>>
>>30266884
Good post, really added a lot
>>
File: 1476109001081.jpg (8KB, 217x250px) Image search: [Google]
1476109001081.jpg
8KB, 217x250px
>>30261879
>gg...guys come on there is no proof that they counter your team
>literally every single team I run into in doubles while leading Oranguru/Torkoal is either rain or sand

Granted it doesn't really stop me since I just switch Torkoal out for Celesteela and sweep in the rain instead but fuck is this shit annoying. I can't understand people who do shit like moody BP chains to get streaks in BT, it's so boring and every battle takes forever.

>>30263978
I agree that Mimi is legit in BT. My best team though is Golisopod/Nihilego/Kartana. On battle 150 with them and still alive, I keep pausing that streak to work on doubles which is 10x more annoying, and I'm dreading multi battles.
>>
>>30267009
>I can't understand people who do shit like moody BP chains to get streaks in BT, it's so boring and every battle takes forever.
Because I just want the battle items. I don't care. 48 BP is a fucking ton. I just want a Destiny Knot.
>>
Anyone with CFW tried injecting a lv1 FEAR Aron to see if it still causes the AI to focus fire it in doubles?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.