[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think are the geological/darwinian reasons on why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: ice-fairy-ninetails.jpg (26KB, 710x572px) Image search: [Google]
ice-fairy-ninetails.jpg
26KB, 710x572px
What do you think are the geological/darwinian reasons on why Vulpix and Ninetails are ice types in Alola?
>>
>>30252430
>geological/Darwinian
>believing liberal lies

I thought /vp/ was smarter than this.
>>
Because it looks more attractive now, which causes trainers to want it more and capture it. No longer does it have to deal with the cold, inhospitable mountains.

It gets warmth, food and shelter for the meager price of being pumped full of semen sometimes.
>>
File: backtopol.png (322KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
backtopol.png
322KB, 546x700px
>>30252500
You have to go back.
>>
I call it bullshit
>>
>>30252430
Pancakes
>>
It failed to compete for its typical niche as a Fire-type and had to forage outside of its usual territories for sustenance and survival. Vulpix more suited to the colder environments it was pushing into were more likely to survive and reproduce.
>>
>>30252430
Random mutation that randomly allowed it to breed/be bred more
>>
>>30252555
This. Alolan Ninetales is unironically beautiful and I want to cum inside it.
>>
>>30252500
Everything Darwin said was applicable to only certain species of animals.

Sharks, which are ALMOST unchanged since their first noted ancestor, had descendants who were smaller due to the volume of sustenance to feed off and had a few changes to improve their function in certain waters.

While stuff like Birds and what not have slightly more significant changes.

It just happens that these changes take more than a few simple thousand years to really occur and makes it unlikely that humans evolved directly from the common shit flinging apes as many Darwin enthusiasts believe.
>>
>>30252430
>lives in snowy mountains
>fire-type
yeah you guess
>>
>you will never fuck your ice cold Ninetales on a hot summer day in Alola
why even live
>>
>>30252937
It's that they share a common ancestor, not that humans evolved from modern apes.
>>
>>30253024
If it was a fire type that was forced into a predominantly ice-type niche, wouldn't that make them the apex predators? Wouldn't there be MORE Kantonian minerals and vulpix simply because nothing threatened their existence?
>>
>>30252430

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/alolan-vulpix/

>It is said that Vulpix came to the Alola region together with humans, but the Fox Pokémon moved to the snowy mountain peaks to avoid the normal habitats of other Pokémon, and thus it ended up taking on this form.

Against the case of "why didn't it just stay a fire type to keep warm", keep in mind that apparently combustion for fire type Pokemon uses up energy. Remember that episode where Ash and his Pokemon get stuck in a cave, and they use Charmander's fire to keep warm, but Charmander gets tuckered out quickly? It's probably the same as that.

In short, it seems that it's easier for a Pokemon to adapt to the cold rather than to combat it. Although I guess this applies to real life organisms, too.
>>
>>30252937
>makes it unlikely that humans evolved directly from the common shit flinging apes as many Darwin enthusiasts believe.
Darwin never said that. They share a common ancestor, which was an ape. Anyone saying humans evolved from modern chimps are just wrong, and it's more often used as a strawman than anyone actually saying it seriously.
>>
>>30252430
I think that Vulpix <3 the ice so much it wanted to be like it so it got colder until it became Alola Vulpix.
>>
>>30252937
Stupid nigger
>>
>>30253606
Your mother is a stupid nigger.

>>30253149
>>30253068
>"as many Darwin enthusiasts believe."
Darwin never said it, but there are autists out there who claim he did.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.