[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How have people completed their dex already? Given, I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 2

File: pokemon_sun__moon_6.jpg (117KB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_sun__moon_6.jpg
117KB, 1200x720px
How have people completed their dex already?

Given, I've taken breaks to breed a couple things, etc., but still been working on it a lot. My problem is leveling the stuff to evolve a lot of it. There's nowhere to get good fucking exp in this game.

Where are you guys doing it?
>>
>>30252336
There's this magical thing called,
PkHex
>>
Breed your starter and put em on the gts. I got from 30 to 80 percent like that
>>
>>30252359
Not everyone has a hacked 3ds tho
>>
The GTS is your friend if you don't care about keeping a living dex.
>>
>>30252336
Anyone who has the full dex already either
A) :^)
B) Had some major help from A
C) Has done nothing but play Pokémon since they got their hands on it

Normal, functioning members of society will finish their Dexes in mid-December if they're doing it legitimately.
>>
>>30252378
Oh, good call. I'll try that. Thanks.
>>
>>30252336
I've had no trouble evolving everything that evolves before the mid 40 range in the poni gauntlet area. Swap lucky eggs around and it should go quick if you can OHKO.

I'm 86% done with the dex and it's mostly the friendship based evolutions that are taking forever.
>>
I used Lucky Egg and farmed the battle tree entrance. Try to get the mons from the gts for boosted xp or straight entries.
>>
Got a 6IV ditto, started breeding region exclusives in matching balls, and put them up for whatever I need for my dex.
It's worked for most things besides evolutions that are difficult to obtain, i.e. politoed
>>
>>30252399
Any DS can use PKHeX
>>
>>30252336
It's actually rediculously easy. If you grinded it all out you could easily finish it in a couple of days.

>Go through each Island's Pokedex
>Find what Pokemon you're missing on each island
>Go to Serebii's Pokearth
>Find which Pokemon are SOS related
>Get your False Swipers/Sleepers/Adrenaline Bombs ready
>Go hunting

A few notes:
>Rippling water refreshes upon "Zoning" (the act of entering a building or making the area notice show up on the bottom)
>Quick Balls are good for first turn uses
>If you find a Wimpod, catch it, breed it, and throw it on the GTS, bitches love Wimpods
>Kukui gives you a Lucky Egg after having 50 Unique species recorded post-game
>Rainbow Bean is enough to give pokemon super EXP on top of that
>>
File: 1390204838045.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1390204838045.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
>>30252512
All the more reason to cheat...?

I mean, if you're playing with others I can understand fair play, but it's your game. You're playing by yourself. Do what you want with it. Nobody cares but you, so what's wrong with it?
>>
Breed 2 boxes of Littens

Trade one for Popplio on gts

Breed 2 boxes of Popplio

Trade one for Rowlet on gts

Breed 2 boxes of Rowlet

Flood gts with your newly hatched starters, you can trade for just about anything and it will be eaten up

For evolving just run around outside of the battle tree area with a lucky egg, or do the Elite 4.

I'm about 57 hours in and 10 of those hours were spent on the pathetically easy Pokedex. Its not "cheating" if youre innovative anon
>>
>>30252512
Get a hacked 3DS and try it. It's beautiful anon
>>
>>30252419
What the fuck are you talking about? I had a day off yesterday and went from 35% to 75% completion in a day. It's incredibly easy, you'd have to be retarded for it to take you til mid December.
>>
>>30252419
I'm a lawyer who worked a full work week (minus Thanksgiving) and I managed a full living dex. The trick is to not be a casual.
>>
Black Tower/White Tree Hollow from B2/W2 had been the best place for leveling in all games. An hour and a half and got a pokemon to lv 100
>>
>>30252336
I'm 70% done, been doing lots of trading. I just wish there weren't so many friendship/trade evolutions in the Alola Dex, they take for fucking ever. Thankfully there's a decent amount of overlap between all of the Island Dexes so once you're done with Melemele you're pretty much 75% done with the entire thing.
>>
>>30252921
>Black Tower/White Tree Hollow from B2/W2 had been the best place for leveling in all games

Actually Blissey Bases in ORAS were the best.
>>
>>30252968
>Friendship evolutions
FUCK these so much. I can't stand how slow it is, even with Soothe Bell. Thank god you can catch both Eevee friendships.
>>
>>30252624
>>30252653

Get a life losers.
>>
>>30253114
This post is so ironic I could cry
>>
Kind of hard to start working on the Dex when I'm still SRing UBs.
>>
>>30253171
Cheating at a kids game is a lot more pathetic than taking 30 seconds to call someone a loser online.
>>
>>30253063
You can? Are they SOS only?
>>
>>30253614
Yeah, go fight Eevees and SOS during the day for Espeon, and night for Umbreon.
>>
Best general training is to stick a lucky egg on something and go grinding in the area in front of the battle tree. You can also grind on Morimoto once a day, or try going through all the e4 again since they're stronger.

I believe there's a restaurant in the giant mall too for money and shit
>>
>>30252441
>friendship-based evolutions
Literally farm only friendship-raising berries, and spam all your beans on the berry farm island.
Makes it a breeze to evolve those.
>>
>>30254086
how many points is a berry?
>>
>>30252336
I just completed mine.
I used the patch of grass right before battle tree for mons that level up fast, otherwise I'd use the Gamefreak battle and the e4.
>>
>>30252419
>Quickball anything you can find on the wild
>Chain GTS trade the annoying evolutions (Electivire -> Magmotar -> Porygon 2 etc)
>Give some of the spare UBs to get the exclusive legendaries

Once you're done with that, which is really fast, you're left with like 50 pokémon to evolve and like 10 to breed to get their base form. And that's doable in four or five days.
>>
>>30254132
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Friendship#Generation_VI
10, 5 or 2.

See here for a list of them: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:Friendship-raising_Berries

It usually takes me around 50 berries to max a pokemon. You could do it more efficiently by calculating how many you have to feed exactly to get 200 friendship (I think it was 200, please research that yourself). As for farming them, you get at least 8 per tree iirc, and they all take 48 hours to grow. If you boost that with beans it's 8 * (6 * 3) = 144 berries per day, 6 per hour. Could use that to evolve at least 3 pokemon daily.

That, or use friend balls to catch them, which should instantly have them meet the evolution requirements.
>>
>>30254245
>doable in four or five days
Yes, easily, as long as you C) Do nothing except play Pokémon.
I have a full schedule of college courses, a part-time job, a girlfriend, and buddies that I like to see on weekends. I don't have time to set aside for Pokémon every day, believe it or not.

Lots of regular people, or >>30252693 casuals, as (You) call them, would agree with me, except none of them know or care about /vp/.

I've only had a chance to put about 30 hours in the game so far, and I'm enjoying every aspect and side quest it has to offer. I just arrived on Poni last night.
>>
I'll just put up Beast Ball Togepi and Snivy to get the more difficult to find ones.
>>
>>30254171
Guys...
Is Gamefreak even in this game
>>
>>30252359
Every single thread.

Just fuck off, jesus christ. Some people actually want to play the game, you moron.
>>
>>30252568

Not that anon, but how?
>>
>have you guys done this thing on SM
>who here completed this part of the game?
>what do you guys think about x?
>what is the best way to achieve x?

>just inject it ;^)
>use PKHeX you loser
>wasting time on a children's video game
>just cheat you autist

Are these people the biggest cancer of /vp/? Can't have game discussion about anything and they shit up the thread with their "just use a program to give everything and skip the entire process of playing the game" nonsense. Why are they even playing the game, again? What's the point?
What's fucking wrong with these retards that not only do they do this, but want to force their bullshit on everyone else like fucking vegan atheists?
>>
>>30252676
Well I went from 0 to 100% in a few minutes!

See? Anyone can just make bullshit up and post it on 4chan.
>>
>>30252968
Just get 2 TMs the pokemon can learn and switch between them for about 5 minutes, each time you use a TM its adds some friendship :)
>>
I'm not bothering under my second playthrough but I'm preparing babies of the more annoying things like a female Sandilot and all the starters in advance for it.
>>
>>30253063
>Hatch lvl 1 Eevee
>Give him soothe bell
>EXP share him to level 20 something and he evolves

literally that ez
>>
how are people complaining about leveling when exp share exists?
>>
>>30259658
Starts with A and ends in tism
>>
>>30252336
I completed the game at 20 hours, completed the dex at 60 hours of playtime. I had all 15 passport stamps by 75 hours. Only used Pkhex to inject a second T:N and Cosmog for living dex purposes and a 6IV ditto for breeding, none of which accelerated my dex completion rate at all.

>>30252419
With GTS and one person to trade with dex completion is easy as fuck when there are only 300

1. Catch a rare fishing mon like Dhelmise or a popular version exclusive like Vulpix
2. Trade it up for a Mareanie
3. Breed a box or two of Mareanie and trade it to get access to every other line. You'll never wait more than 30 minutes for a trade.
4. Trade your extra UBs for any legends you need
5. Get to battle tree
6. Grind BP at Battle Royale with a Protect Sludge Wave Nihilgeo for evo items, or just go through standard singles/doubles/match
7. Buy all of the trade evo items and get a friend to trade with. Probably easy to find someone in wfg as well because those shitty item evo mons are the last things in most people's dexes.
8. Level up the friendship and berry islands in Pelago for fast friendship evos

If you want to complete the dex with trading only when necessary it'd take maybe 80-100 hours instead of 60. And I should make it clear that it was by no means a rush to 60 for me. I did one of the BT 50 streak stamps before completing my dex and spent 4 of those hours chaining for a shiny female Salandit.
>>
>>30253063
Pelago, my nigger. Do the rounds at the berry trees, get all of the friendship berries you can find and upgrade the berry plantation island. Dump your beans into the box and you can get 8-15 berries per individual plant per day which is more than enough to max friendship on all of the necessary evos after a few days.
>>
Why would anyone want to waste their time completing the dex instead of battlin'?
>>
>>30259658

Lack of Blissily bases make doing it en mass in post game annoying.

Grinding up Hydregion is gonna be fun for anyone who doesn't already have one.
>>
find a dhelmise, breed it, gts, and enjoy your whole dex
>>
>>30259974

The more complete your dex is, the easier it is to catch shit for battle prep such as from S.O.S.
>>
create an army of weaviles by thiefing razor claws off of jangmo-o and trade them on the gts
>>
>He has trouble completing a 300 mon dex in the age of GTS/internet

Kek
>>
It's a fucking children's game...
>>
>>30259979
Hydreigon and Volcarona will suck but they're not in the regional dex. Most of the pseudos in the regional dex evolve in the low 50s' which means they don't get totally fucked by the xp curve in the E4 or high level wild areas.

I ground out most of my level evos in the grass outside of the BT. I traded for a Gible, a Bagon, a Dratini and a Beldum and a Goomy, slapped a lucky egg on my Incineroar and took them through the E4 to evolve them just because their level curves suck. Jangmo-o evolves twice in two levels if you catch a wild one and isn't exceptionally hard to find wild so he's not even an issue.
>>
>>30258302
Yeah
>>
>lucky egg
>exp boost from traded mons
>additional exp boost if they are a foreign language than you base game
>even more exp from Pokemon Refresh
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.